Learn how you can troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll update error 557
QuickBooks error code 557 is generally seen at the time of downloading payroll updates after upgrading to a new version of QuickBooks. Such an error can be a bit troublesome for the user, and one has to be extra careful, as this would risk the information and data. Maintaining accurate and exact record of the data and other things is a bit difficult for the user, but this is a legal requirement and has to be done. This error is a pretty common error, that can be seen with the error message stating “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. This applies to the windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8.
Such an error can also be seen due to incorrect syntax, or commands that might be seen due to low quota within the disk or lack of area. Information related to the error:
Error code: Error 557
Error name: QuickBooks error 557
Error description: “Error 557: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 8, 7
If you are also facing such an error code, then reading this post ahead would be of great assistance. In this article, we will be talking about the factors causing the issue and also the ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code 557. Thus, make sure to stay tuned till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
Why QuickBooks error 557 appears?
It should be noted that QuickBooks desktop makes it easy for the user to pay the workers, as this is the most important things for the business and QuickBooks becomes the partner in that. The QuickBooks error 557 can also be seen in case of wrong configuration settings. In case there is an ambiguity in windows system, then this issue will conjointly occur, resulting in incorrect input or deletion of important files from the directory. This error can also appear due to malware.
You may also like: How to set up email service In QuickBooks desktop?
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks error code 557
Now that you know the facts related to the QuickBooks update error 557, you can now start with the processes to fix the payroll error 557. Let us check out the methods one by one:
The first method involves the steps listed below:
- The user is supposed to start the system and then type in command in the search bar
- After that, press ctrl + Shift keys and hit enter tab
- In the next step, the user will be navigated to the control panel
- Followed by clicking on yes tab
- And then, the system will open with a blinking cursor, where the user will have to type in regedit and hit enter tab
- Now, select the error related key in the written record editor
- Followed by selecting export from the file menu
- The user will then have to select the folder wherein the user will have to avoid wasting the QuickBooks backup key in the save in the list
- The next step is to type A name for the system file in the file box name
- The user should ensure that selected branch is selected in the export range box
- And hit save tab
- Now, the file will be saved with a .reg file extension
- Lastly, the user will have the backup of the QuickBooks related written record entry.
- In this solution, the user needs to turn on the system and log in as admin
- Followed by moving to the programs tab
- After that select accessories option and decide on the system tool
- Now, move to the system restore tab
- And a new screen will be seen with the choices you have to pick to restore the system and click on successive tab
- The next step is to click on the list click a restore point
- And note to select the foremost recent time in order to restore the system
- The user will then find a confirmation window and click on the successive tab
- Once done with that the restoration method will begin
- And lastly, reboot the system and open QuickBooks
To wrap it up!
By now, you might be well versed with the QuickBooks error code 557, its causes and fixes. All the steps above might resolve the error for you. In case you need any further assistance, then in that case, feel free to contact our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our team will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance and support services.