Get the best solution to the QuickBooks error code C=1327:
Knocked into Error code 1327 and unable to get through it? Well, we have got you covered. This article is written in a way to assist the users facing the Invalid drive letter error. Talking about QuickBooks error code 1327, it is basically an installation error that is usually encountered when installing the QuickBooks software or when the drive recorded is unapproachable. In simple words, it is seen when the system disconnects with system drives and other portable storage drives. This error can be a bit tricky to tackle at times, considering which we have drafted this article, where we will be elaborating the factors instigating the on-going error, along with the possible troubleshooting steps. Thus, if you are interested in shunning off the error on your own, then reading this piece of information till the end is suggested.
Moreover, if you don’t want to invest your precious time in fixing this QuickBooks error 1327 manually, then hook up with our accounting experts using our dedicated customer support line and let our QuickBooks error support team take over the situation.
Overview of QuickBooks error code 1327
As we mentioned earlier, QuickBooks error code 1327 is basically an installation error that come to light when installing the QuickBooks software on the system. When you inserts the installation media and try installing and then there is an error box with a warning message that states as:
“The drive is invalid.” Or “Invalid drive letter”.
Well, it should be noted that installed programs and their components are stored in the computer in places called drives. In windows, all the system files and folders are usually stored in the C drive. You can find the list of drives available on the system by checking in My computer or this PC. Drives are actually the partitions of the computer’s memory, which is quite similar to dividing the space of a house into rooms. This error could be seen when the drive isn’t working properly.
You may also consider: Fix subscription has lapsed error in QuickBooks Desktop
Causes and fixes to the QuickBooks error code 1327
The QuickBooks error code 1327 can be resolved with much ease, once you are well versed with the respective causes. Thus, below we will be discussing each of the methods and the factors triggering the issue in detail.
Cause 1: Outdated windows or issue with the windows user
Solution: Create a new window user and install windows
The steps might vary according to the version of windows. Thus, check wisely before performing any of the steps.
On Windows 7 or 8
- Click on the Start tab and then hit a click on the Control Panel.
- Furthermore, select the user accounts and opt for manage another account.
- Later, make a new account.
- Next step is to assign a name and choose admin tab.
- Moving ahead, pick create account option and reboot the system.
- Log in the PC with admin credentials and try to install again.
On Windows 10
- If you are windows 10 user, then start with hitting the start tab and clicking on the settings tab.
- Furthermore, click on the accounts and select family and other people.
- Now go for the add someone else to this PC tab.
- Complete the process, by entering a new password, name, password hint and tap on next tab.
Cause 2: Incorrect or improper registry settings
Solution: Mending registry settings
- For this, start off by backing up the system registry.
- Furthermore, press Windows + R tabs and then type in regedit and also click on run tab.
- After that navigate to the specific key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Try and spot the entries that list the drive letter mentioned in the message.
- Next, mend the incorrect drive names to C:\
- End the process by saving the settings and restarting the system and try reinstalling. After the installation process comes to an end, revert the changes that were made to the registry earlier.
Cause 3: Corrupted Microsoft .Net framework
Solution: Configuring Microsoft .Net framework
- Herein, you are supposed to look for programs in the control panel.
- And choose turn windows features on/off.
- Furthermore, confirm with the admin password.
- And uncheck the box next to Microsoft .net framework and restart the system.
- Lastly you need to open programs and follow the same steps and also check the box next to the Microsoft .net framework.
Cause 4: Corrupted or moved storage devices
Solution: Delete the network drive
- In this particular process, start with selecting the Start tab itself and opt for programs later on.
- After that click on the Windows explorer tab.
- And choose the Network drive on which the shell folder is available and hit OK tab.
- Move ahead by selecting the map network drive in the tool menu.
- Next step is to shell folder uncheck reconnect at logon and write the path.
- Tap on OK tab.
- End the process by restarting windows and installing the applications.
Related article: Why is a Balance Sheet in Cash/Accrual Basis Out of Balance?
Cause 5: Any sort of connection issue with storage device/ cable
Solution: Ensure that storage devices have proper connection
At times, there can be issue due to connection problem. Thus, it is very much important to ensure that the cables and other related things are properly connected with the computer. And also, check if the USB’s or Flash devices that are being used to install QuickBooks desktop are functioning properly and are also connected properly.
To sum up!
At the end of article, we hope that the readers will be capable of successfully eliminate the QuickBooks error 1327. Anyhow, If you are still experiencing the same spot then the only choice that you have left is to connect with our accounting experts directly via our assistance line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We have a 24/7 QuickBooks support team consisting of U.S. based tech geeks will be sure to clear your clouds of confusion.