Being a QuickBooks user, are you seeking for a procedure to convert the accountant’s copy with .QBA or .QBX extension to a regular company file with .QBW extension? Well, the procedure is pretty easy and can be achieved by using QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant and Enterprise Accountant programs. Furthermore, upon conversion, users can keep recording their transactions with no restrictions whatsoever. To know about the procedure to convert an accountant’s copy to a regular company file, read the article till the culmination.
What is an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks?
The accountant’s copy allows for a seamless collaboration of the clients and the accountants and facilitates both the clients and the accountants to work on the same company file simultaneously. It also discards the necessity for emailing bulk files, thereby reducing any confusion created due to several copies. Notably, the accountant’s copy has .QBX extension. In contrary, a regular company file has .QBW extension.
You might check also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144, 301 and Error 6144 82?
Steps to convert or change an accountant’s copy to a regular QuickBooks company file
Checkout these quick steps to change your accountant’s copy to a regular company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Use QuickBooks Accountant Edition
- The user should first ensure that he/she is using the QuickBooks accountant edition.
- After that, hit on the File tab and subsequently, pick the option to Toggle to the other edition.
- The Premier Accountant Edition should show in a grey color. If it is not showing in grey, then hit on the Radio button.
- After that, hit on Next tab.
- Now, click on Toggle.
Step 2: Conversion of the Accountant’s Copy to a regular Working File
The steps given below should aid users in the process of conversion of the accountant’s copy to a regular working file.
- Open the File menu.
- Subsequent to that, hit on the option to Send Company File.
- Now, choose the Accountant’s copy.
- Upon choosing the Accountant’s copy, click on the option to Convert Accountant’s Copy to QBW Company File.
- Hit on Next, and then click on Ok.
- After that, users are required to access the in which they want to save the regular company file in .QBW extension in.
- Rename the file.
- Hit on Save and follow up by clicking on Ok.
- Upon converting the accountant’s copy to a regular Company file, users should make sure to enter the changes that were made to the original company file upon creating the accountant’s copy.
- Users should also note that upon converting the file, they cannot import accountant’s changes in .QBY extension.
Step 3: Configuring the Client’s Books
After converting the accountant’s copy to a regular company file, it is now time for the user to make necessary alterations and corrections to the client’s books. The same can be accomplished by performing the below given set of instructions:
- Users should rectify the opening balances.
- Also, they should write off group of invoices.
- Deleting or voiding transactions that are categorized on batch.
- Resolving the transactions that are assigned to different accounts.
- Viewing the list changes.
- Entering several transactions simultaneously.
- Fixing the sales tax that has been incorrectly recorded.
- Correcting any inventory errors.
What are the steps to change accountant’s copy to Accountant’s changes in .QBY format?
- To begin, run QuickBooks and open the File tab.
- After that, click on the option to Open and Restore Company.
- Herein, choose the option to convert accountant’s copy transfer file.
- After that, hit on Next.
- Users will be able to see an overview file on the screen. Now, hit on Next.
- Examine the file and then click on Next.
- After that, search for the Accountant’s copy file and open it.
- Users are then required to provide their consent to the conversion process and name the file.
- Subsequently, hit on Save to save the file.
- The .QBY file is thus saved.
With that, it is time to end this precise blog. We hope that the instructions in this article helped users in the process to convert an accountant’s copy to a regular company file. If you stumble upon any obstacles in this walkthrough or face any other impediments in QuickBooks, just give us a call at the QuickBooks desktop support helpline 1-800-761-1787.