Smooth QuickBooks functioning is often interrupted by some or the other technical snags. And one such technical glitch is QuickBooks unexpected error code C=184. You might usually end up with this error when there is any sort damage with the network file (.NG file) or Transaction log file (.TLG file). This error also impacts the company data file. You can also experience similar issue if the reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop do not tally due to 29 days in February.
Take a deep dive into what triggers QuickBooks error code C=184 and what takes to rectify it, by scrolling through the segment carefully. Moreover, if you need our tech assistance at any point of time, then connect with us through our helpline number.
Insight into QuickBooks unexpected error C=184
You might see the following error message on your screen when opening the QuickBooks software:
|Error Code||QuickBooks unexpected error C=184|
|Error message||“An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact professionals”|
What triggers QuickBooks unexpected error C=184?
There are certain factors triggering QuickBooks error message C=184 which include the following:
- You can experience this problem when reporting dates of QuickBooks desktop aren’t matching due to leap years.
- Another possible trigger can be when QuickBooks isn’t installed in a proper manner.
- If the files including .Nd and .TLG files are damaged or corrupted.
Corrective measures to fix QuickBooks error C=184
You can perform the below measures to successfully deal with QuickBooks error code C=184.
Measure 1: Move the company file
- You need to head to the Folder where the company file is saved.
- Later on, right click the Company file.
- Choose the Cut and Paste (Ctrl + V keys) option and move the file to another location.
Measure 2: Run reboot.bat file
- Initially, you need to close QuickBooks application on the system.
- Later on, right click QuickBooks.
- You are also suggested to select the Properties using the drop down.
- Click on the Location to open the file.
- Run Reboot.bat folder if you are inside QuickBooks file.
- Later on, press Admin tab.
- You are then required to run Reboot.bat
- The CMD Window will appears and the file components will process.
- Restart the system and you are done.
Measure 3: Run QuickBooks file doctor tool
- This can be done by downloading and installing QuickBooks tool hub program.
- Later on, head to the Help tab in QuickBooks and choose QuickBooks tool hub from the drop down.
- Once done with that, run QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to start the installation and perform the steps that appear on the screen.
- Moreover, double click the Tool hub icon and run it and head to the Company file issues tab.
- From there, you need to choose QuickBooks file doctor and choose both file Damage and network connectivity option.
- Enter the Admin account login credentials and also hit Next tab.
- You can try to re-access QuickBooks or run a report to see if this issue is fixed.
Measure 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the issue still persists after performing the above mentioned steps then follow the following steps to download and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Open tool hub program on your QuickBooks desktop.
- Navigate to the Installation Issues tab and choose QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- After that download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Now save the file to the Local desktop or downloads folder.
- Install the QBinstall tool on your system and accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement.
- At last, reboot your system after running the install diagnostic tool to ensure all the components are properly updated.
Measure 5: Rename the .ND and . TLG files
- Initiate by searching for the folder in which your company files are located.
- In the same discovery, look for the ‘.TLG’ and. ‘ ND’ files.
- After that, right-click on each of them and choose the ‘Rename’ option.
- Add ‘.old‘ at the end of the file names. This shall prevent QuickBooks software from accessing these files suspected of any errors.
- Lastly, attempt to launch the QuickBooks software and access your company file(s).
- Check to see if the error got fixed. If not, proceed to the following method.
Measure 6: Update your Windows
Updating your Windows becomes quite important as it ensures that your system gets equipped with the most recent features. This shall also assist in resolving the Error C=184 in the QuickBooks software. To update your system, follow the instructions given below:
- Hit on the ‘Start‘ menu and type’ Update.’
- Subsequently, hit on the Check for updates option. This shall show the list of all the available updates.
- Mark all the important updates and hit on the Download button.
- Restart your PC and allow the updates to get installed.
- After following all the preceding steps, launch the QuickBooks software and check if the error got fixed.
Once you scroll through the segment, it becomes a little easy to repair the QuickBooks desktop error code C=184. On the contrary, if you need our technical assistance at any point of time, then do not think much in contacting us using our QuickBooks error support helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.