Resolve QuickBooks error in no time with few simple steps
Are you a victim of Error 15311 and don’t know how to fix it? Well, don’t worry as this article is based on a complete guide on how to resolve QuickBooks error code 15311. This error is basically a runtime error, which might be seen at the time when the installation process of the program takes place or while starting or shutting down the windows.
This error appears on the screen and displays a message stating as:
|Error 15311||“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully”|
|Problem||“Cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.|
This error can be quit annoying for the users to tackle with, but carrying out the procedure discussed later in this post can help you in dealing with the issue. So, make sure you go through this article till the end and find out the methods to fix QuickBooks error 15311. However, an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our experts to fix the error for you. Simply make a call at 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks payroll support team will be there to correct the error for you.
Symptoms of QuickBooks update error 15311
In order to fix this error, you need to have an idea of when and where QuickBooks update error 15311 takes place. So, here are the symptoms of this error.
- Update error 53111 occurs and crashes the active window program.
- System often crashes with 15311 when running the same program.
- Also, QuickBooks error itself appears on the screen.
- Windows run slowly and do not respond to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- System freezes for a couple or seconds.
What may trigger to QuickBooks payroll error 15311?
There can be certain reasons behind the occurrence of the error, a few of the most common ones are enumerated below:
- Incomplete or corrupted QuickBooks installation
- Virus or malware attack
- QuickBooks files got deleted or damaged
- Windows registry entries related to QuickBooks software are corrupted.
- Corrupted files from the downloaded QuickBooks files.
- And also, the error can be seen when there is anything interrupting the update process of the software.
Read Also: How to Resolve the Error in XML Document in QuickBooks?
Easy Methods to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
To get rid of the QuickBooks error 15311, you can adopt any of the below stated methods. Let us check those methods one by one:
Method 1: Download and install a digital signature certificate
Make sure that you have the latest digital signature certificate setup on your system. The steps to set up the latest digital signature are given as under:
- The first step is to press Windows key and then in the search box type QBW32.exe
- If the file is not visible, then click on More results.
- Moreover hit a click on the Computer icon.
- Followed by spotting QBW.exe file in the search results.
- And then right click the QBW3.exe and select Properties option.
- Now tap on Digital signature tab and then make sure that Intuit inc. is checked in the list.
- Next step is to tap on Details.
- After that select the View certificate in the digital signature details window.
- And then, you will see the certificate window and select Install certificate.
- You are then required to keep clicking on Next till finish tab appears.
- Hit a click on Finish.
- And lastly, reboot the system to Allow changes to take place.
- And also check if the error persists or not.
Method 2: Verifying the Internet Explorer settings
You need to ensure that the Internet explorer is set as the default browser and then only move ahead and carry out the steps:
- Make sure that the Date and time of the system are correct.
- After that, double click the Time display option.
- And also verify the Date and time, only if needed.
- You need to choose the Time zone and then choose Correct time zone option.
- Now verify the Cipher strength.
- Once done with that, move to the official Intuit website and then press the Alt key to see the Menu bar.
- After that hit a click on the File and then choose Properties option.
- Check the number under connection and then Phrase bit encryption.
- Next, Update your settings through the Tools and then move on to Internet options.
- Also select Tools option first and go to the Internet options.
- Next step is to choose all Temporary files and then delete them by pressing Delete key.
- Once done with that move to the Connections tab and then choose LAN settings.
- After that select the Checkbox next to Automatically detect settings.
- Here you need to ensure that proxy servers are blank, if you don’t plan to use any of them.
- Now scroll down in Advanced tab and then mark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkbox’s.
- Next, Verify the publisher’s certificate and then clear the box next to that.
- Scroll down till the bottom of the list on Advanced tab.
- Last step is to ensure that the TLS 2.0 should remain unchecked and you are good to go.
Read this also: QBW32.exe Not Responding – How to Fix It?
Method 3: Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop related entry
Another method is to uninstall the QuickBooks related entry. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- For this method, you need to take the cursor and take it over the left side of the screen at the bottom till Start menu image is seen.
- After that, tap on the right hand tab of the mouse to open the Start context menu.
- Also choose the Programs and features option.
- Followed by searching for QuickBooks Error code 15311 in the new window.
- Once done with that press QuickBooks related entry.
- And tap on Uninstall/change heading which is on top menu.
- You will be needed to Follow onscreen prompts to complete the uninstallation of the related program.
Method 4: Manually resolve QuickBooks error 15311
The manual steps to resolve this QuickBooks error are enlisted below:
- Ensure that your QuickBooks subscription is activated.
- Update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version.
- Make sure the Payroll Service key is correct:
- Navigate to the Employees and click My Payroll Service
- After that hit a click on Manage Service Keys
- Now hit a click Edit and check if the key is correct
- Hit a click on Next and then click on Finish tab
- Finally reboot your computer system
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error 12002?
Carrying out the steps enlisted above can help you in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 15311. However, there can be situation when none of the above methods work, then in that case make sure to consult our QuickBooks error technical support team.
You can ring up at 1-800-761-1787 and ask our professionals to troubleshoot this issue for you. We are a group of certified professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible technical assistance services. So, don’t hesitate in talking to our professionals, we will be happy to provide technical assistance to you,
How to Remove QuickBooks Error 15240?
Steps to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1330
How to Clear Up Disk Space for QuickBooks Desktop?