Resolve QuickBooks error in no time with few simple steps
Stumbled upon Error 15311 and don’t know what to do? Well, need not to worry anymore, as this is a comprehensive guide to fix QuickBooks error 15311. This error is basically a runtime error, which might be seen when the installation of the program takes place or while starting or shutting down the windows. This error comes up on the screen with the message stating:
“QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully”
“cannot connect to QuickBooks payroll”.
This error can be a bit annoying for the users to tackle with, but carrying out the procedure discussed later in this post can help the users in dealing with the issue.
Thus, make sure to read this post till the end and find out the ways to fix QuickBooks error 15311. However, an alternative for the same can be to get in touch with our experts and certified QB professionals to fix the error for you. You can simply call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and our QuickBooks payroll support team will be there to fix the error for you.
You may also see: Steps to resolve QuickBooks error code 15241
Symptoms of QuickBooks update error 15311
In order to fix this error, the user needs to have an idea of when and where QuickBooks update error 15311 takes place. So, here are the symptoms of this error.
- Update error 53111 occurs and crashes the active window program
- System often crashes with 15311 when running the same program
- Also, QuickBooks error itself appears on the screen
- Windows run slowly and do not respond to mouse or keyboard inputs
- System freezes for a couple or seconds
Triggers to QuickBooks payroll error 15311
There can be certain reasons behind the occurrence of the error, a few of the most common ones are enumerated below:
- Incomplete or corrupted QuickBooks installation
- Virus or malware attack
- QB files got deleted or damaged
- Windows registry entries related to QuickBooks software are corrupted
- Corrupted files from the downloaded QB files
- And also, the error can be seen when there is anything interrupting the update process of the software.
Steps to get rid of the QuickBooks error 15311
To get rid of the QuickBooks error 15311, the user can adopt any of the below stated methods. Let us check those methods one by one:
Method 1: Verifying the Internet Explorer settings
The user needs to ensure that the Internet explorer is set as the default browser and then only move ahead and carry out the steps:
- Make sure that the date and time of the system are correct
- After that, double click the Time display option
- And then rectify the date and time, only if needed
- The next step is to choose the time zone and then select the correct time zone
- Followed by verifying the Cipher strength
- Once done with that, the user should move to the official Intuit website
- And then, press the Alt key to see the menu bar
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on the file and then select properties option
- After that, the user needs to check the number under connection and then phrase bit encryption
- Now, the user needs to update settings through the tools and then move on to Internet options
- And then select tools option first and then internet options
- The next step is to choose all temporary files and then delete them by pressing delete key
- Once done with that move to the connections tab and then choose LAN settings
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select the checkbox next to automatically detect settings
- Also, ensure that proxy servers are blank, if you don’t plan to use any of them
- And then, scroll down in advanced tab and then mark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0
- The next step is to verify the publisher’s certificate and then clear the box next to that
- And again, scroll down till the bottom of the list on advanced tab
- The last step is to ensure that the TLS 2.0 should remain unchecked and you are good to go
Read this also: How to solve QuickBooks update error 15215?
Method 2: Download and install a digital signature certificate
- The very first step is to press Windows key and then in the search box type QBW32.exe
- If the file is not visible, then click on more results
- Moreover, click on the computer icon
- Followed by spotting QBW.exe file in the search results
- And then right click the QBW3.exe and select properties option
- Once done with that, the user needs to tap on digital signature tab and then make sure that Intuit inc is checked in the list
- The next step is to tap on details
- After that select the view certificate in the digital signature details window
- And then, the user will see the certificate window and select install certificate
- The user is then required to keep clicking on next till finish tab appears
- Click on finish
- And lastly, reboot the system to allow changes to take place
- And also check if the error persists or not
Method 3: Manually resolve error 15311
- Ensure that your QuickBooks subscription is activated.
- Update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release version
- Make sure the Payroll Service key is correct:
- Navigate to the Employees and click My Payroll Service.
- After that hit a click on Manage Service Keys.
- Now hit a click Edit and check if the key is correct.
- Hit a click on Next and then click on Finish.
- Finally reboot your computer system.
Carrying out the steps enlisted above can help the users in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 15311. However, there can be situation when none of the above methods work, then in that case make sure to consult our QuickBooks error technical support team. You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323 and ask our professionals to resolve the error for you.
We are a hub of experts and certified QB professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible technical support services round the clock. So, do not hesitate in talking to our professionals, we will be happy to help you.