QuickBooks Desktop is financial application software that helps in the proper organization of business transactions. It also helps in monitoring and keeping track of all the business transactions. It is accounting software that provides every feature related to a business, such as creating payslips, tax returns, etc. This software is highly secure and allows the business organization to protect its banking details, and financial credentials safely.
However, sometimes when you are removing different accountants for the transaction history of the QuickBooks Desktop application, you can Fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600. This will cause the QuickBooks window to collapse, and hurt the workflow.
The QuickBooks Error Code 31600 issue can occur due to several reasons. Some of them are when you are creating portable files or backups, at the time of sending payrolls, saving new transactions, and many more. And they will affect the workflow of your business. However, you can easily fix these errors by following the steps discussed further, and a team of experts will help you immediately, and fix the error.
You may see also: Fix Outlook is missing in send forms preferences error in QuickBooks
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600
If a user knows how to operate a computer system, and is good at following a set of instructions, they can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 31600 issue yourself. Hence, let us look at the steps which if you have a general understanding of computer systems and you can easily follow a set of steps, you can easily resolve these errors yourself. Therefore, let us understand how can we Fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600.
Step 1: Make sure the number of users is within the limit
One of the reasons because of which the QuickBooks Error Code 31600 might occur is the change in numbers. Follow the steps below to monitor and fix this error.
- Initially, open your QuickBooks Desktop, and go to the company.
- Now choose the user number and password.
- On the Enterprise version, select the Company section and select users.
- On the Select Option, select Set Up Users and Roles.
- Now click on add user, and fill in all the details. Click on Next.
- You can customize the account accordingly. Select Finish.
Step 2: Creating an administrator
- On the Start menu, select Settings.
- Go to Account, and then select Family and other Users.
- From Other users, select Add someone else to the PC.
- Then select I do not have this sign-in information, and then select Add a user and exclude the Microsoft Account.
- Provide a name, and then select Finish.
- Now click on the newly created account, and assign its type.
- Lastly, select Admin, and right-click on it.
Step 3: Creating a new server
You can also create a new server, which can fix your problem. Follow the steps given below to fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, and then select Service Manager.
- Now go to Computer Management.
- On the Computer Management, select Expand local groups and users.
- A window will appear, select the groups according to your requirement.
- Now you would have to change the properties. Double-click on Admin Properties and open it.
- Now open the Administrator group by double-clicking on them.
- The Administrator group window will appear, select Add.
- Now click on computer, and go to Service account or select Group window.
- A window will appear, in it select the user number.
- Now, assign a type to the account, which has to be added to the groups of administrators.
- Finally select OK.
Step 4: Browser Inspection
The QuickBooks Desktop error might also occur due to a problem with the browser. Follow the steps below to make sure that the browser works effectively.
- If you are using QuickBooks Online, use the updated version of any of the search engines such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Now after you have checked the browser version, clear all your search history. Along with the History, remove the cache.
- Close the browser, and log in again.
- Pres the CTRL+SHIFT+DEL keys together, while the browser is open. The history window of the QuickBooks will appear. Select all the boxes.
- If you are using Google Chrome, set the timing to “the beginning of time” and if you are using Firefox, select “Everything”. Your entire search history will be cleared.
Step 5: Check Affected user
You would have to check how many other users are being affected. Follow the steps below to check and fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600.
- On the QuickBooks Desktop, open the menu of the company. Select Set up Users, and then select Password.
- Now choose Set Up Users.
- After that go to the Company and then select Users.
- Find Set Up Users and Roles, and select it.
- Now hit a click on Add Users and provide the necessary details.
- Also select the Next option and if you want to customize the user, make necessary changes.
- Lastly, select Finish and then login again with the new credentials.
It is possible that the QuickBooks Desktop error code 31600 is fixed after you’ve successfully completed all the steps mentioned above. If you still having issues, call on our support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787 and the QuickBooks support team of professionals who specialize in the area of QuickBooks can assist you right away.