Get the best ways to resolve Error: QBDBMGRN is not running on this computer problem
If you are a QuickBooks user, no matter whether you are using QuickBooks from decades or you have just started with it, but at least once you might have heard about QuickBooks database server manager. Also, you might have also used this amazing tool, in some or the other way. In the recent times, many users have reported the database server manager not running on the computer error. This error might lead to multiple restrictions to you, just like hindering the access to multi-user mode. The error message “QBDBMgrN not running on this computer” means that the database server manager has stopped working and also it indicates that the security firewall is interfering and hindering the QuickBooks to connect and communicate with the internet servers and fails in opening or starting.
Many users generally panic after encountering this error, keeping that in mind, we have come up with this article, which will be revolving around the causes and ways to mend this error. Thus, keep reading this article carefully. Moreover, you can also consult our QuickBooks error support professionals, in case you are seeking for technical assistance.
You might also like: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
What does QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error means?
Before you learn the factors causing the error and also the methods to resolve the same, it would be necessary for you to find out what actually this error is all about. QBDBMgrN is basically an executable process on windows which has the .exe extension and can be seen in the task manager of the system. The QBDBSM was introduced by Intuit in order to enable multiple-users to access the company file and database on the hosting server having the company file.
When the error occurs with the database server manager, you can only access the single user mode and switching to the multi-user mode might show an alert stating the QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer. There are various other facts associated with QuickBooks database server manager not running on this computer error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Why user gets QBDBMgrN not running error message?
The QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer error is usually seen when you updates the QuickBooks desktop to the latest update and skip to update the windows firewall along with that. Outdated firewall might spot the QuickBooks database server manager error as an unknown service and then block that, to protect from any sort of malware. This ultimately ends up in failure to connect to the internet and you receives an error message, while trying to correct the issue with the QuickBooks file doctor. There can be a few other factors leading to such an annoying error, a few of which are enumerated below:
- Improper configuration of firewall or the internet is creating problems.
- You can also encounter such an error if the 3rd party firewall software is blocking the access to QuickBooks.
- Wrong or infected installation of QuickBooks database server manager.
- Any sort of error with the network file might also encounter this error.
- Outdated database server manager can be one of the reasons.
Side effects of QBDBMgrN error
As a consequence of QBDBMgrN not running error, you might have to face the below mentioned problems.
- Hindrance in working in multi-user mode
- Unable to connect to the internet
- Difficulty in using QBW company file
- Also, the QBDBSM can’t be updated properly.
- Inappropriate installation of firewall
- Firewall blocking the QuickBooks in accessing the internet
- Also, QB database server updation failed
- Inappropriate installation of database server manager
- Issues with QuickBooks network file (.NF file)
- QuickBooks database server manager has no files that are connected
Related article: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
Methods to Fix QBDBMgrN Not Running on this Computer [Solved]
There can be multiple solution that you can implement in order to get rid of the bug. Below we will be exploring each of solutions one by one.
Basic Troubleshooting steps:
- Log out of your QuickBooks account
- And then, reboot the system
- After that, start QuickBooks and try to login to the account
If this doesn’t work for you, then move to the below procedures:
Method 1: QuickBooks is installed on the host system
- In this situation, you are supposed to select Open or Restore option.
- And then choose open a company.
- After that hit next.
- And then find out the company file.
- The next step is to select the open file in multi-user mode box and then click on open.
- After that you are logged into the company file and then you required to select the file.
- And then shut down the company to close the company file on the server.
Method 2: Only QBDBMgrN is installed on the host system
- First of all, click on Windows start tab.
- And then move to the Control Panel.
- After that, click on the admin tools and then double click on the Services option.
- You will then be needed to click on the correct database server manager.
- And then restart the system, after which the steps are to be repeated based on the setup.
Method 3: Repair QuickBooks desktop
You can repair QuickBooks by carrying out the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to reboot the system after closing all the programs blocking the QuickBooks software.
- After that backup the company file.
- And then hit the Start option moving to the control panel, by moving to the Start menu and opening search bar, followed by entering the control panel in the search box.
- After opening the control panel, hit a click on the programs and features option.
- And then click on uninstall program. In case you are unable to spot the options, then in that case select programs and the move to program features.
- The next step is to click on program list and then click on uninstall, continue, and next options respectively.
- Once done with that you are required to click on repair option and then hit next. Also, wait till the time repair process comes to an end.
- After that you need to hit Finish tab and then reboot the system if prompted.
- The last step in this process is to download the latest QuickBooks release.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000?
Method 4: Fix Error message ‘files in use’ first
In case users are having the ‘File in use‘ as an error message, then in that case the steps below are to be performed:
- The first step is to select ignore option in the system reboot tab.
- And then hit a click on OK button
- If you don’t get an ignore option on the screen, then you will have to click on OK tab.
- To end the process, you need to restart the system.
Method 5: Run Clean install tool
The process to use clean install tool to reinstall QuickBooks is sub divided in three steps:
Step 1: Uninstalling QuickBooks software
- The first step is to press Windows + R keys.
- Type in control panel and hit OK button.
- Click on programs and features and select the uninstall option.
- After that select QuickBooks and then click on uninstall from the list of programs.
- You will then be required to follow the instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks clean install tool
- In the second stage you will have to download the latest version of QuickBooks clean install tool.
- And then open the qbdbmgrn.exe file and then carry out the on-screen instructions.
- After that you will have to select the QuickBooks desktop version and then hit Continue.
Step 3: Change the name of QuickBooks desktop installation folders
- You will have to use the folder option in the PC to also reflect hidden files.
- And then change the name of all the folders listed for windows version.
- You will then be required to add old or damaged to the end of the folder name, to differentiate the folders better.
In case you identify an error message at this point saying “Access Denied” while renaming folders, then carry out the steps below:
- Selecting Windows task bar and also opt for task manager.
- And then under the processes tab, you need to select image name column header to sort the processes alphabetically by name.
- Select QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and press End tab.
- Also, select yes tab for the warning message that comes up.
- You need to reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code H202?
Method 6: Update firewall to fix the error
- Press Windows + R keys.
- And then type in Control panel and along with that hit OK button.
- The next step is to select the system and security option.
- And you are then required to use the cursor to move to the windows firewall and then choose the check for updates option
- After that detect the system requires updates, then it is important to click on update now tab and also wait for the installation process to be completed.
- And then last step is to reboot the system and check if the error persists.
Method 7: Restart QuickBooks database server manager service
Another process that one can opt for is to restart the QuickBooks database server manager once and check if the error persists.
- Hit a click on Windows + R keys.
- And then type services.msc and hit OK tab.
- Scroll down to the list until you finds the QuickBooks database server manager service listed.
- After that, select the file for the QB desktop and then right click the file to open the drop-down menu.
- Next select reboot option.
- And then open the QuickBooks again to check the backup.
You may also see: How to Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Method 8: Exclude QB database server manager from firewall settings
- In this step, the initial step is to open the run box on the system.
- And then type Windows firewall and then click on OK tab.
- Double tap from the list of programs.
- The next step is to look for advanced settings and right click on inbound rules and also select new rule from the drop-down menu.
- After that, hit a click on the Next option under the programs and then select this program path option.
- Followed by excluding the QBDBMgrN.exe file. Users can get this file in the QB folder and then select the location of the file and then hit next.
- The next step is to choose allow the connection option and then hit continue and next options respectively.
- Now, hit a click on allow the connection and then hit Next.
- You will then be required name the rule and then hit a click on Finish option.
- To end the process, reboot the system and then resume the work with QBW company file.
Method 9: Rebooting the system
- You can log off the QuickBooks account.
- And then close the QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, shut down the QuickBooks account.
- Followed by restart the system.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and try to login the account.
Method 10: Manual steps to follow
- Initially, download the QuickBooks file doctor tool and then install the same on the system.
- After that, operate the software and let it diagnose the network, to resolve the error.
- In case the hosting mode has been turned off, then you will have to turn it on, as the software will not be able to open the company file.
- Next, setup access permissions in windows.
- And then grant permissions in windows and make the folder shareable.
- The last step is to run ipconfig, when network connectivity is not present.
See Also: Resolve QuickBooks error code 1311
Well, this brings us towards the end of this article. While concluding the article we expect that the information that we have shared in above might be of great help in Fixing QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error. However, a situation might arise when even after implementing all the above solutions, the error continues to trouble you. In such a situation, you are recommended to keep calm and consult a certified accounting professional to handle the situation. Getting in touch with a professional might help you in successfully fixing the bug without any further damage.
Feel free to dial 1-800-761-1787 and ask our experts for assistance. So, do not hesitate in calling our accounting professionals anytime, as our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team will be happy to help you.