Learn how to move your Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop:
If you are looking for the process to convert the Quicken data to QuickBooks desktop to continue growing the business, then your search ends over here. We have come up with this article, where we will be talking about the process to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks. There are two simple ways to switch from Quicken to QuickBooks. This includes converting directly to QuickBooks desktop or use the Quicken converter to upgrade the file first.
Thus, interested users can continue scrolling through this post. Or an alternate for the same can be to connect with our accounting experts using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our team of experts and U.S based certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services immediately.
You may also like: Back up your QuickBooks Desktop company file
Things to consider before converting from Quicken to QuickBooks
- The process of file conversion from Quicken to QuickBooks can’t be reversed. This means that once the Quicken file is converted, then it cannot be reverted back and the user will not be able to use these file in Quicken later on.
- Also, it is important to ensure to create a backup of the quicken data that is to be converted, as you might have to access this data in Quicken software.
- Lastly, if users have used Quicken software on Mac, then they will have to convert Quicken Mac files into windows file first, as only windows files of Quicken can be converted to QuickBooks.
Situations you can use Quicken converter
- Users should only use the Quicken converter if they are migrating from a Quicken versions that is NOT a parallel version of QuickBooks desktop. This includes, Quicken 2017 to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2019.
- Users can skip using the converter and convert directly to QuickBooks using the conversion utility. In case they are having a version of Quicken which is parallel version of QuickBooks.
- In case of Quicken for Mac, the converter and the conversion utility in QuickBooks can’t converter Quicken for Mac data file. In case users are having Quicken for Mac, then converting the data file first to Quicken for windows or creating a new QuickBooks company file is recommended.
Steps to Convert Quicken Data Into QuickBooks Desktop Data
To convert Quicken data into QuickBooks desktop perform the following steps:
Step 1: Using Quicken converter
Before jumping on to the process of using the tool, users are recommended to ensure that they are not having another version of it installed. In case, they do, then make sure to uninstall it from the system and then download the right one below:
Step 1: Users needs to download the version of converter tool which matches the year version of QuickBooks desktop:
- Quicken 2021 converter
- Quicken 2020 converter
- Quicken 2019 converter
- Quicken 2018 converter
- Quicken 2017 converter
Step 2: After that the users can install and convert by using the steps below:
- First of all, users needs to launch the downloaded Quicken converter and then choose next.
- After that, they are supposed to choose I accept the terms in the license agreement, also hit next.
- The next step is to start the installation of the Quicken converter and also choose next and hit install.
- Now, they need to choose launch Quicken converter and hit finish.
- Once done with that, users need to choose I am transferring data from Quicken for windows and also choose get started.
- The next step is to choose open a data file located on this system and then opt for the select file option.
- Now, browse to choose the Quicken file and then choose OK button.
- After that, users need to select convert it and also hit OK button.
- Final steps is to save the new Quicken data file and choose Save and also hit Edit option.
After the file is upgraded to a compatible version of Quicken, QuickBooks users can start converting using the conversion utility in QuickBooks.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5?
Step 2: Look for .QDF, not .QFX
The tool says it is creating a .QFX file, but it is also creating a .QDF file. This is the file that the users want to convert, not .QFX. Users need to for the upgraded .QDF file in a folder named Q18Files or Q17Files, which is at the same location as your original Quicken file. The .QDF file might also have the same name as the original data file.
Step 3: Using the conversion utility
The users can convert the Quicken file using the conversion utility in QuickBooks. This can be done by using the steps below:
- You need to first move to the file option, and then select utilities. Also, choose convert and opt for from Quicken.
- After that, choose the Quicken file that you wish to convert.
- The last step is that you will be guided by the conversion utility all through the rest of the conversion.
You can also press F1 key to access the help window in QuickBooks desktop, to get any further details related to the conversion utility. Also, you can type convert from Quicken.
Converting Quicken to QuickBooks desktop might become easy, once the above steps are followed successfully. However, for any further information or for any further technical assistance, do not think much in getting in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks desktop support team.
You can call us at 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will be there to help you. Feel free to contact us whenever you need, our ProAdvisors will be happy to help you.
Mote helpful resources: