Learn how to move your Quicken data to QuickBooks Desktop
If you are looking for the process to convert the Quicken data to QuickBooks desktop to continue growing the business, then your search ends over here. We have come up with this article, where we will be talking about the process to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks. There are two simple ways to switch from Quicken to QuickBooks. This includes converting directly to QuickBooks desktop or use the Quicken converter to upgrade the file first.
Thus, interested users can continue scrolling through this post. Or an alternate for the same can be to get in touch with our professionals right away at 1-800-761-1787. Our team of experts and U.S based certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide the best possible support services immediately.
You may also like: Back up your QuickBooks Desktop company file
Things to consider before converting from Quicken to QuickBooks
- The process of file conversion from Quicken to QuickBooks can’t be reversed. This means that once the Quicken file is converted, then it cannot be reverted back and the user will not be able to use these file in Quicken later on.
- Also, it is important to ensure to create a backup of the quicken data that is to be converted, as you might have to access this data in Quicken software
- Lastly, if the user has used Quicken software on Mac, then he/she will have to convert Quicken Mac files into windows file first, as only windows files of Quicken can be converted to QuickBooks
Situation you can use Quicken converter
- The user should only use the Quicken converter if he/she is migrating from a Quicken versions that is NOT a parallel version of QuickBooks desktop. This includes, Quicken 2017 to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2019
- The user can skip using the converter and convert directly to QuickBooks using the conversion utility. In case the user is having a version of Quicken which is parallel version of QuickBooks
- In case of Quicken for Mac, the converter and the conversion utility in QuickBooks can’t converter Quicken for Mac data file. In case the user is having Quicken for Mac, then converting the data file first to Quicken for windows or creating a new QuickBooks company file is recommended.
Steps to Convert Quicken Data Into QuickBooks Desktop Data
To convert Quicken data into QuickBooks desktop perform the following steps:
Step 1: Using Quicken converter
Before jumping on to the process of using the tool, the user is recommended to ensure that he/she is not having another version of it installed. In case, you do, then make sure to uninstall it from the system and then download the right one below:
Step 1: The user needs to download the version of converter tool which matches the year version of QuickBooks desktop
Step 2: After that the user can install and convert by using the steps below:
- First of all, the user needs to launch the downloaded Quicken converter and then choose next
- After that, the user is supposed to select I accept the terms in the license agreement, also hit next
- The next step is to start the installation of the Quicken converter and also choose next and hit install
- Now, the user needs to select launch Quicken converter and hit finish
- Once done with that, the user needs to select I am transferring data from Quicken for windows and also choose get started
- The next step is to choose open a data file located on this system and then opt for the select file option
- Now, browse to select the Quicken file and then choose OK button
- After that, the user needs to select convert it and also hit OK button
- The last step is to save the new Quicken data file and choose Save and also hit Edit option
After the file is upgraded to a compatible version of Quicken, the user can start converting using the conversion utility in QuickBooks.
Step 2: Look for .QDF, not .QFX
The tool says it is creating a .QFX file, but it is also creating a .QDF file. This is the file that the user want to convert, not .QFX. The user needs to for the upgraded .QDF file in a folder named Q18Files or Q17Files, which is at the same location as your original Quicken file. The .QDF file might also have the same name as the original data file.
Step 3: Using the conversion utility
The user can convert the Quicken file using the conversion utility in QuickBooks. This can be done by using the steps below:
- The user needs to first move to the file option, and then select utilities. Also, choose convert and opt for from Quicken
- After that, choose the Quicken file that you wish to convert
- The last step is that the user will be guided by the conversion utility all through the rest of the conversion
The user can also press F1 key to access the help window in QuickBooks desktop, to get any further details related to the conversion utility. Also, the user can type convert from Quicken.
Converting Quicken to QuickBooks desktop might become easy, once the above steps are followed successfully. However, for any further information or for any further technical assistance, do not think much in getting in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks desktop support team.
You can call us at 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will be there to help you. Feel free to contact us whenever you need, our ProAdvisors will be happy to help you.
Mote helpful resources: