Ran into “QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream” error and can’t decide what’s the next move? We have got you covered! This write-up is crafted in a way to successfully chuck off this error from its root cause. You might experience this issue with a warning message saying, “QuickBooks error parsing XML text stream belongs to 0X80040400 error code”.
This error code comes out when QuickBooks makes any kind of post to QuickBooks desktop. This type of issue will show up in the ESC client if the direct connect method is applied to connect ESC. It is mostly seen in a specific program in which the ESC Server is deployed to connect as the server hangs. To know more about this error and the factors responsible for the same, make sure to read this article till the end. Moreover, if you don’t want to experiment with the fixation process, then we suggest you to connect with our technical support team using our customer support line. Our U.S.-based accounting professionals will be more than happy to help you.
You might also see: How to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Display Issues?
Causes and troubleshooting steps for “QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream”
“QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream” this error would be triggered by a handful of factors, which we will be discussing below, along with the fixes for the same.
Cause 1: Presence of illegal characters in the XML data that the ESC sends to QuickBooks
Solution: Eliminating illegal characters from XML stream
- Herein, you are required to click on the Start menu in the search bar. Also, it is supposed to type in %APPDATA% and press the enter key.
- Further, the application data folder will appear on the screen, where you have to select the ESC folder from the list.
- Next step is to simply delete the QBXML.log file from the folder.
- It is supposed to try posting to QuickBooks again.
- This would create the same error where, you will have to click on the OK tab.
- In case you are connecting to QuickBooks with the help of the ESC accounting server, the ESC client will hang.
- Furthermore, one is required to use a task manager to end the program and later restart it.
- In the next step, you will have regenerated QBXML.log in the application data\ESC directory while attempting to post.
- And also, open the QBXML.log file and view the latest entry.
- Next step is to launch that record in ESC. Search for any illegal characters.
- Simply remove them and Save the record again.
- The final step is to try to post again.
Cause 2: In case the data is pasted directly to ESC from any other program
Solution: Modify ESC
- Under this, you need to first open the sales menu and then choose the invoices list view from the options. Then in the views panel, find the unposted invoices list.
- The next step is to check the invoice numbers of all unposted invoices.
- You are then required to go back to the post to QuickBooks screen under the file menu, and then you have to post each invoice individually, not by the duration. You will have to keep posting invoices one by one until the error comes up on the screen. This will tell exactly which invoice has an ineligible character in it.
- After finding out the invoices, you will have to open that invoice in the sales invoicing screen in the ESC key and then review each line item.
- In case you spot any line item containing some text that was copied from outside of ESC and pasted into the invoice, and now you have to remove that text and retype all the information manually.
- By simply retyping the information manually also remove any kind of hidden formatting or characters that might have been copied and pasted into ESC that might not be visible. Or you can also look for any kind of ineligible character or symbols that might be used in the description of an item.
- After the invoices have been rectified, then you would have to resave the invoice.
- Lastly, you are supposed to head back to the post to QuickBooks screen under the file menu and again post that invoice to QuickBooks. After this, the invoices you rectify should post without any errors or disruptions. Now one can post the other invoices to QuickBooks as you always do. In case the error persists, then it is suggested to repeat this process until every single invoice has been corrected.
Also See: How to fix error TD500 in QuickBooks (problem with update)?
This brings us to the end of this segment, where it is expected that the above-mentioned set of steps might have worked for fixing the QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream issue successfully.
Whereas, if you still have doubts or if you are unable to resolve the issue, then, in that case, it is highly recommended to connect with a team of professionals who could help you in fixing the issue successfully. You can reach out to our accounting professionals using our dedicated QuickBooks error support helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Fix portable company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642
How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 2107?