Learn how to fix error 15222 when you download a Payroll or QuickBooks desktop update:
Error 15xxx is a series of errors that has been troubling a majority of QuickBooks users lately. If you are another such user who bumped into the error and are unable to break the deadlock, then follow this article till the end to find a practical and easy-to-follow walkthrough for fixing this error.
Users of QuickBooks have been troubled by technical issues while performing different operations. The occurrence of error codes has profoundly impacted the performance of QuickBooks and has emboldened users to seek resolutions to these aberrations. One such error code that has come to the fore is the QuickBooks Payroll Error code 15222. Through this article, we aim to facilitate the process of troubleshooting such errors from QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
The various aspects regarding this error that shall be unfolded in this piece of writing encompass the various causes leading to this error and the appropriate solutions to outroot QuickBooks update error code 15222. Users experience a dead stop due to this error while they attempt to download payroll or QuickBooks desktop updates. This technical error belongs to the 15xxx series error and reflects an inability of QuickBooks to establish a stable network connection with the server. Besides, there may be other reasons that incite this QuickBooks error, all of those shall be traversed in this article. So, make sure to stay attached to this article till the end. In the meantime, if you feel any need for technical assistance, our team of U.S based team of QuickBooks experts is always there for your help. Let us now head for the potential triggers of this error and the varied approaches to troubleshooting them.
You might also see: QuickBooks Clean Install Tool: Download, Install, Use It
Causes and Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222
Below are the causes and measures to fix this issue. Let us have a look:
Cause 1: Issues related to digital signatures certificate in I.E.
A major contributor to the QuickBooks error 15222 is an erroneous digital signature certificate in Internet Explorer. The same can be resolved by downloading the digital signature certificate manually. An easy-to-follow walkthrough for the same is given below.
Solution: Steps to Install digital signature certificate
- Initially, close QuickBooks Desktop. The Digital signature certificates may be inaccessible if QuickBooks is left open.
- Afterward, search for the QBW32.exe file in the following path: Drive:\Program files\ Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Upon navigating the path, right-click on QBW32.exe and opt for the Properties option.
- Within Properties, choose the Digital signature tab.
- Herein, make sure to opt for Intuit Inc. from the signature list.
- Pick the Details tab.
- Choose the View certificate option from the Digital signature details window.
- From the certificate window, opt for the option to Install the certificate.
- Tap on the Next tab after the Finish icon appears on the screen.
- Hit the Finish tab and Reboot the system.
- Also, open QuickBooks and now try to download the recent updates. For that, tap on the Help tab and proceed to the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Cause 2: The default browser is not set to internet explorer
This QuickBooks Error may also appear if Internet Explorer is not set as the default web browser. The procedure to set it up as the default browser is easy, and the steps for the same are given in the following section.
Solution: Procedure to set internet explorer as the default browser
- The first step demands the user to run the Internet explorer browser.
- Subsequently, head to the Tools tab and then choose Internet options.
- Now, navigate to the Programs tab and click on the Make default option.
- Moving ahead, click on the OK tab.
- Conclude the process by Updating QuickBooks software. Hopefully, the error should be resolved by now. If it keeps persisting, follow up on the next cause and the solution.
Also see: “QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate” – How to Fix the Error?
Cause 3: Disruption caused by antivirus running in the background
Third-party security software, including antivirus, antimalware, etc may block the access of QuickBooks with the server, thereby causing QuickBooks Error 15222. A viable approach to tackle this issue is to modify the settings of the antivirus and add QuickBooks files as exceptions. An elaboration on the same is given as follows.
Solution: Steps to modify Settings of the antivirus
- Open the antivirus program installed on your computer and proceed to the option to modify settings.
- Include the following QuickBooks-related files as exceptions:
- After adding these domains as exceptions, the third-party software won’t cause any hindrance to the QuickBooks payroll downloads or the update process.
Misc. Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
If the solutions provided alongside the various causes listed above didn’t help in resolving QuickBooks payroll update error 15222, then refer to the various miscellaneous solutions provided below.
Misc. Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- This process requires users to Download and install the QuickBooks tools hub.
- After installing the tool, launch the tool.
- Heading forward, navigate to the Programs tab.
- After that, Run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The file doctor will detect the issue on its own and fix it immediately.
See Also: How to Fix Script Error When Accessing QuickBooks Desktop?
Misc. Solution 2: Disable the Windows firewall
- Initially, click on the Start tab.
- After that, head to Settings.
- Thereafter, proceed to the Windows security tab.
- Moreover, hit on Windows security and then proceed to Firewall and network protection.
- You are then required to opt for Public network, domain and private network in sequence.
- Finally, switch off the Windows defender.
Misc. Solution 3: Check internet connectivity
- Remove the ethernet cable that connects the modem to the router.
- Also, plug that Ethernet cable into the system and reboot the router.
- You also have to Check if the system can recognize the system linked to it.
Misc. Solution 4: Update 3rd security software
Ensure that the security software installed on the computer is updated to its latest versions. After that, run a complete system scan and quarantine any virus-infected file(s).
Coming to the end of this segment, we expect that users should be able to successfully fix QuickBooks error code 15222. Just in case if you aren’t able to deal with this problem, then in that case, simply connect with our QuickBooks payroll technical support personnel using our helpline, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our dedicated team of tech geeks will ensure to come up with the best support services immediately.
More helpful articles:
How to Process and Record QuickBooks ACH Payments?
Latest methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
Solution to QuickBooks Unable to Locate PDF Viewer Error