Learn how to fix error 15222 when you download a Payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update:
Tackling through error code 15222 is a daunting task unless you perform the right set of steps. In this segment, we will be talking about QuickBooks update error code 15222, factors triggering to this error, and also what measures are to be taken in order to tackle through the issue. You might come across with this issue when you download a payroll or QuickBooks desktop update. This particular basically belongs to the 15xxx series error and can be experienced due to the disability of QuickBooks to establish a stable network connection with the server to download the update files.
The QuickBooks error code 15222 appears when the application is unable to establish a connection with the internet to download the update files, and this could happen due to a plethora of reasons, which we are going to discuss later in this segment. Thus, make sure to scroll through the segment with much concentration. Or connect with our tech personnel for any further assistance.
You might see also: QuickBooks Clean Install Tool: Download, Install, Use It
What triggers QuickBooks error 15222 and what measures can be taken to fix this error?
Below are the causes and measures to QuickBooks error code 15222. Let us have a look:
Cause 1: The internet explorer function to register digital signatures no longer works
Solution: Installing a digital signature certificate
- Close QuickBooks desktop in the system.
- You might not be able to see the digital signature if QuickBooks is opened.
- Look for the QBW32.exe file and it is located in C:\Program files\ Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right click on QBW32.exe and choose the properties option.
- Also, choose the digital signature tab and ensure that you have opted the intuit Inc. from the signature list.
- Pick the details tab.
- Choose the view certificate option from the digital signature details window.
- From the certificate window choose the install certificate.
- You also have to click on next tab after the finish icon appears on the screen.
- Hit the finish tab
- Reboot the system
- Also, open QuickBooks to easily download the updates.
- Conclude the process by downloading the updates again.
Cause 2: The default browser is not set to internet explorer
Solution: Setting internet explorer as the default browser
- You are required to open the internet explorer browser.
- Moreover, you need to head to the tools tab and also choose internet options.
- Now, navigate to the programs tab and also click on the make default option.
- Moving ahead, one has to click on ok tab.
- Conclude the process by updating QuickBooks software.
Cause 3: Antispyware, anti-adware, antimalware see the QuickBooks update as a threat
Solution: Antivirus, antimalware or antivirus software
- At times you might come across QuickBooks error 15222 due to blocking by any of the antivirus software, then you simply have to modify their settings to exempt the files qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe and intuit.com, QuickBooks.com, payroll.com domains.
- After exempted, the antimalware software will not prevent QuickBooks payroll downloads.
Solutions to QuickBooks payroll update error 15222
Just in case you aren’t able to chuck off the QuickBooks payroll update issues 15222 using the steps above, and also if the error isn’t caused due to the causes mentioned in above, then performing the below stated set of steps.
Solution 1: QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Under this process you need to download and install the QuickBooks tools hub software.
- You are then required to launch the tool.
- Heading forward, you need to navigate to the programs tab.
- You will see the option named run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Now hit a click on that.
- The file doctor will detect the issue on its own and will fix it.
Solution 2: Turning off Windows firewall
- You need to click on start tab.
- And head to settings option.
- You need to click on Windows security tab.
- Moreover, click on Windows security and then firewall and network protection option.
- You are then required to choose public network, domain and private network in sequence.
- Heading forward, you need to switch off the Windows defender firewall containing the network types.
Checking the internet connectivity: By passing the router
- You need to remove the ethernet cable that connects modem to the router.
- Also, plug that ethernet cable directly into the system and reboot the router.
- You also have to check if the system can recognize the system linked to it.
Coming across the end of this segment, we expect that one might be able to successfully deal with the QuickBooks error code 15222. Just in case if you aren’t able to deal with this problem, then in that case, you simply have to connect with our QuickBooks payroll technical support personnel using our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our dedicated team of tech geeks will ensure to come up with the best support services immediately.
More helpful articles: