Learn the ways troubleshoot QuickBooks activation errors while entering product and license numbers, or adding an activation code:
When using QuickBooks, one needs to make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop has been correctly activated as this will ensure smooth functioning and task performance. However, there are times when the activation is not done properly and is caused by some common errors such as incorrect QuickBooks Validation Code and the Product number. At that time, user will face an error stating as:
“You have entered incorrect license/product numbers“
“The validation code is incorrect“
“This service is temporarily unavailable“
In this article, you will find several solutions to correct the ‘Incorrect QuickBooks Validation Code’. Thus, make sure to read this post carefully, or you can call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Contacting our QuickBooks error support team can help the QuickBooks users in fixing validation code issue and various other QB related bugs. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, we will be happy to help you.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks failed to create accountant’s copy issue
What do you mean by QuickBooks validation code is incorrect?
At times, while generating QuickBooks validation code, the users might encounter multiple issues, which includes QuickBooks validation code is incorrect, or the service is temporarily unavailable. The user might stumble upon these kind of errors and find it quite difficulty get out of them that too without creating any further mess. There can be several other things that can go wrong at the time of activation, and might end up in these kind of errors. Keeping all those facts in mind, this article is crafted in a way to help the users in tackling these issues. Thus, read on to know the ways to get rid of QuickBooks validation is incorrect.
What to check before troubleshooting?
If you get the error, “You have entered incorrect license/product numbers“
Before you start applying any solution to resolve the error, check if the following have been carried properly:
- Make sure that QuickBooks is working properly
- Check QuickBooks is activated; verify License number and the product code.
- Check the purchase confirmation email for the products which have been downloaded.
- Check the bright colored sticker on the original CD envelope, if the QuickBooks was bought on CD.
- Also, the user needs to verify that the license number and the product code tally the details provided on the QuickBooks product page.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Validation Code Issue
Checkout the below given troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the validation code is incorrect or this service is temporarily unavailable error:
Solution 1: Check System Details and Time Settings
- First of all you need to close your QuickBooks Desktop
- After that hit a right click on the time display in Window task Bar and then hit a click on ‘Adjust Date/Time’
- Set the date for current and Apply it and Press OK button.
- Now open your QuickBooks and select Help >> Activate QuickBooks >> Start Activation
- Finally type the QuickBooks Validation Code and select Next option.
By processing these steps now you are able to activate your QuickBooks desktop. However, if still the issue persists the proceed to the next solution method.
Solution 2: Reset the .ecml file
Learn and then recreate the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to amend license and registration problems. The user is required to enter the license number and product code in order to complete the installation process and also to validate the QuickBooks. A damaged file with damaged information hinders the software from opening and then displays the error message on the screen. In such case, removing the entitlement file and then re-entering the license information can fix the issue. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to shut the QuickBooks desktop software.
- And then, ensure that all QuickBooks processes are closed.
- Once done with that, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager.
- The next step in the process is to click on the Process tab.
- After that the user needs to sort the processes alphabetically by pressing on the processor name header.
- The user needs to open the entitlement data folder for the operating system and then your QuickBooks version.
- And then, the user needs to press Windows + R keys to open Run command box
- Enter the folder location C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ Entertainment client\version 8 or 6.
- The next step is to right click the entitlementdatastore.ecml and select delete option
- And Hit a click on Yes.
- And then open the company file to follow the instructions.
Solution 3: Reactivate MSXML
For 64-bit operating system:
- Go to Start menu and type ‘cmd’. Right click ‘Run as Administrator’
- When you are at Command prompt, then enter cd\windows\syswow64
- Type ‘regsvr32MSXML 4.dll’ and press Enter key.
- Type ‘regsvr32MSXML 6.dll’ and press Enter key.
For 32-bit operating system:
- Open run window and press Windows + R keys.
- After that type ‘cmd’ and press Enter key.
- Now type ‘regsvr32 MSXML 4.dll’ and press Enter key.
- Type ‘regsvr32 MSXML 6.dll’ and press Enter key.
Solution 4: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can resolve the problem. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and then save it to the windows desktop.
- After that, the user needs to close all open programs on the windows.
- And then double click, QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file and open the tool.
- The next step in the process is to click Yes and agree to the license agreement.
- Now, select Next option to begin with the scan process. This process might take some time (up-to 20 mins).
- Followed by rebooting the system.
- The lasts step in the process is to run QBInstall diagnostic tool.
Solution 5: Create a new Window Admin
- Select Start and Click on ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on Accounts >> Family and other users.
- Under Other User, Click on Add another person to this PC
- At the bottom of the page, click I do not have sign-in information for this person.
- A the bottom of next page, click Add users without a Microsoft account
- Enter name of new account
- Click on ‘Finish by Default’ and set the new account as the Standard user.
- On the new account, click on Account type.
- Select Admin from the drop-down menu, and click on OK button.
- After creating new users, sign out from Windows and sign back in as a new user.
- Open QB Desktop and select Help > Activate QuickBooks > Start Activation.
Solution 6: Closet all QuickBooks applications using task manager
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys together to open the Windows task manager.
- After that click on ‘Processes Tab’.
- Then choose all the running QuickBooks applications and End all the processes that start with QuickBooks and then close the Task Manager.
- Once the process done. You need to install your QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 7: Using QuickBooks Refresher tool to close and refresh QuickBooks tasks
- The QB users can download the QuickBooks refresher tool and then save the file on the desktop for easy access
- After that, in QuickBooks make sure to finish all the open tasks and then close it
- Now, double click the QBRefresher.exe file to run the program
- And also carry out the on-screen instructions
- The last step is to let the tool run and wait for some time. And open QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed
Solution 8: Use Clean install QuickBooks
In case none of the above methods worked in your favor, we recommend you to go for a clean installation of QuickBooks desktop. This is simple process, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- First of all, the user needs to backup the company file data
- And then, download the new install file for the version of QuickBooks
- The next step is to uninstall the QuickBooks desktop from the system
- Also, install the QuickBooks tools hub
- Followed by selecting clean install tool
- The last step is to reinstall QuickBooks using the tool
If all the given steps are not able to resolve the QuickBooks Validation Error, contact our technical expert at QuickBooks enterprise technical support number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Our experts are available round the clock and will help you troubleshoot this error quickly as well as seamlessly. Thus, feel free to contact us anytime, we will be happy to help you!
People also searched for: