Encountering a wide array of installation and Update errors in QuickBooks is common. These errors enforce a complete blockage on the update process and thereby prevent users from leveraging the advanced features coming along in the new QuickBooks updates. One such error belonging to the 12xxx series of error codes is QuickBooks error message 12037. This technical error in QuickBooks is mostly encountered when users attempt to update QuickBooks to its latest version. The causes behind this error are multifarious. These encompass incorrect system date and time, incorrect connection settings, including other noteworthy causes, all of them earmarked in the subsequent section of this article.
If you are another victim of this error, then we encourage you to devote a few minutes towards a careful reading of this blog in order to fix QuickBooks Error code 12037 once and for all.
Major Causes that incite Update Error 12037 in QuickBooks
Some common causes behind this technical snag in QuickBooks payroll are:
- The Internet connection settings are wrongly configured.
- The system date and time are wrongly set.
- The computer has more than one version of QuickBooks installed.
- Security or Firewall obstructs the installation of QuickBooks.
You can also check: Manually Fix Microsoft .NET Framework Errors when using QuickBooks
Easy Guidelines for Fixing QuickBooks Error 12037
Method 1: Update QuickBooks in the Safe Mode
One of the primary causes of Payroll Error 12037 in QuickBooks can be an obstruction caused by some third-party programs running in the background. This source of such error can be kept in check by running the system in Safe Mode. The steps for the same are as under:
- Open the Run window and type in ‘msconfig’ in it.
- Follow up by hitting the Enter key.
- In the System Configuration window, choose the Selective startup mode.
- When done, hit on Ok and restart the system.
- Keep tapping on the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears on the screen.
- Here, the user needs to choose Safe mode with networking option.
- Wait till the Desktop loads up. Now, navigate to the Intuit website and Update QuickBooks.
- The same can be done within QuickBooks as well.
- For that, run QuickBooks and click on the Help tab.
- Now, click on the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Reset update option before pursuing ahead with the update process.
Method 2: Configuring the Internet Settings
At first, the user should make sure that he/she has a proper internet connection. For that, open the web browser and navigate to any random URL. If it opens up, follow the instructions given below:
- Initially, run QuickBooks.
- Now, visit the Help tab.
- After that, click on the Internet Connection Setup.
- Click on the option to opt for the Internet connection settings to set up a connection when this application connects to the Internet.
- Once done, click on Next.
- Head to the Advanced Connection Settings.
- In the Advanced tab, click on the option to Restore Advanced Settings.
- Hit on Apply and then click on Ok.
- Culminate the process by hitting on Done.
Method 3: Make corrections to the Date and Time on the PC
Incorrect system date and time may also instigate QuickBooks update error 12037. As such, users should verify the date and time and make necessary corrections to the same in case they are being wrongly set. Follow the guidelines given below:
- Right-click on the time icon in the Taskbar.
- From the menu, choose the option to Adjust Date/Time.
- Click on the change date and Time option and set both to the present.
- Also make sure to set the correct time zone.
- Hit on Apply, followed by clicking on Ok.
- Now, make an exit from this window and run QuickBooks.
- Try the update process for QuickBooks once again.
Method 4: Configure Firewall and Security Application Settings
- It is recommended to add QuickBooks as an exception in the Firewall by incorporating QuickBooks ports in the Firewall.
- If the fix doesn’t resolve the error, the user should temporarily turn off the Firewall and then reattempt the update process.
- Also, make sure that the Antivirus application, if any, is temporarily disabled during the update process.
Method 5: Delete any other version of QuickBooks from the system
Although users have the freedom of setting up multiple versions of QuickBooks on the same system, but their year of release ought to be different. In case users install different QuickBooks products corresponding to the same release year that may also evoke Error 12037 in QuickBooks payroll. As precedence, if QuickBooks Pro 2020 and QuickBooks Premier 2020 both are set up on the same system, it may potentially lead to the Update Error. As such, users should uninstall such multiple versions:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Advance to the Programs and Features option.
- Here, opt for the QuickBooks version having the same year of release as the current one which you are trying to update.
- After choosing it, click on the Uninstall/Change option.
- Now, proceed with the uninstall process and restart the system.
- Make another attempt at updating QuickBooks and make it certain that such error has been obliterated from the system.
See it Also: What is QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
That concludes this post!
This post covers all the relevant and updated methods to fix Error 12037 in QuickBooks. If users face any technical hindrances or find the troubleshooting methods complicated, they may call our certified professionals at the helpline i.e., +1-800-761-1787 for an easy resolution to all their QuickBooks errors.