The seamless efficacy of the QuickBooks Desktop program is ensured by various crucial components, including the digital signature certificate. An outdated or unmatched signature certificate could lead to the malfunctioning of the QuickBooks application. One such error message observed by users in recent times is “QuickBooks Application with Revoked Certificate.”
This error is usually encountered while syncing QuickBooks with third-party applications. Within the ambit of this article, we shall unravel all the potential solutions to fix the QuickBooks Application with Revoked Certificate Error.
What major causes may lead to the Revoked certificate error in QuickBooks?
This QuickBooks error is typically caused due to the below-given set of causes:
- You have an outdated digital signature certificate for QuickBooks set up on your PC.
- The QuickBooks Web Connector hasn’t been updated for a long time.
- The signature certificate of the application to which you are trying to sync QuickBooks might have an outdated digital signature certificate set up.
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks can also be a potential cause of this error.
Viable approaches for fixing QuickBooks Application with Revoked Certificate error
Checkout these DIY methods in order to resolve the “QuickBooks – Application with Revoked Certificate error”.
1st Approach: Set up the digital signature certificates for QuickBooks and the third-party application
Setting up digital signature certificate for QuickBooks
This error code is usually caused due to an outdated digital signature certificate. The steps for installing the latest certificate are given as under:
- At the very start, head to the QuickBooks folder. If you are unable to recall the folder wherein you installed the QuickBooks program, just right-click on the Desktop icon of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Soon after, choose the properties option.
- After that, opt for the open file location option.
- Herein, you need to right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file and hit on the Properties option.
- Within Properties, click on the Digital Signature tab.
- Now, choose Details.
- Click on the option to View Certificate, followed by heading to the General tab.
- You are now required to click on the option to install the certificate.
- Once done, it on Finish and then click on Ok.
Setting up Digital Signature Certificate of the Application
Having installed the certificate for QuickBooks, you should also install the latest digital signature certificate for the third-party program to which you were attempting to sync QuickBooks.
- Initially, head to the installation directory of the application and then right-click on its .exe icon.
- Now, choose Properties, followed by hitting the Digital Signature tab.
- You now need to click on the Name of the Signer and then hit on Details.
- Soon after, hit on the option to View certificate.
- Finally, click on OK tab.
2nd Approach: Check the QuickBooks Web Connector version
Another cause of the Revoked certificate error in QuickBooks may be an outdated Web Connector. The steps for checking the current version of this program are given as under:
- Initially, hit a click on the Windows start button on the Taskbar.
- In the search box, you are supposed to type “Web Connector“, followed by clicking on its icon.
- Once Web Connector is open, hit on the Help tab and then navigate to the About QuickBooks Web Connector option.
- Herein, you should be able to see the version.
- If the program is not updated to the latest version, you should set up the latest updates for the program.
You might also read: How to Import and Export Data in QuickBooks Desktop?
3rd Approach: Updating QuickBooks Desktop
It is important to make sure that your QuickBooks program is updated to the recent version. Using an outdated version of the accounting program may also lead to the revoked certificate error in QuickBooks. The steps for updating QuickBooks are as under:
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- After that, click on the Help tab.
- Here, you need to click on the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Thereafter, hit on the Update Now option, followed by picking the option to Get updates.
- When the updates are successfully downloaded, make an exit from QuickBooks.
- Restart QuickBooks and then click on Yes on the automatic prompt for installing the downloaded updates.
- Now, try syncing QuickBooks with the third-party application again.
This blog covered the viable methods to keep the QuickBooks application with revoked certificate error in check. For more guidance on this topic, or to get assistance on other QB issues, you can connect with our experienced QuickBooks error support professionals at the helpline i.e., +1(800)-761-1787.