A brief and required methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 7149
Over the past couple of years, small and medium businesses depend on a lot on QuickBooks desktop, a complex accounting software designed by Intuit Inc. This accounting software is known for handling finances seamlessly. QuickBooks has some really powerful features which enable business operations easier and less time consuming. From financial tracking to inventory management to report generation, this application helps businesses with everything.
QuickBooks users do reap its countless benefits, but at times they become victims of various technical issues such as QuickBooks POS error code 7149. When this error encounters, the system generally crashes, and an error message pops up on the screen:
|“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Sometimes, your computer may also freeze for a few seconds when this error occurs. This problem needs immediate attention, but before proceeding ahead with the methods for fixing it, we should have to understand the causes behind to it. Meanwhile, if you find a need of technical guidance from our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors, you may call us at the helpline at 1-800-761-1787.
What triggers to the QuickBooks error message 7149?
- Incomplete or corrupt installation: At times, the installation process doesn’t get completed or gets damaged. This prevents the computer from copying the files that are important to run QuickBooks desktop.
- Corruption in Windows Registry: The recent installation or changes in modifications caused corruption in the Windows Registry, that can also lead to this error.
- Virus infecting the computer: Virus threats can be another cause of the error code 7149.
- Other issues: Few of the antivirus software causes the hanging of the system or can affect the working of QuickBooks. In that case, the antivirus or firewall needs to be disabled.
- System: Each of the computer system is built differently and at times, some local issues can cause the error.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 7149
You can land into the QuickBooks error code 7149 under certain situations that can be identified using the following signs and symptoms. Let us check them out one by one:
- In case the error itself flashes on the screen, then you might be able to spot the issue easily.
- In case of active application or program window experiences frequent crashes, it is probable that you might end up with this error.
- Another sign can be if the Windows runs slowly.
- Your software freezes repeatedly.
You may also like: How to Schedule Automatic Backups in Quickbooks Desktop?
Apt Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 7149
This section has all the effective methods for uprooting the QuickBooks Error code 7149 from your system. Make sure that you follow the given steps very carefully in the same sequence as have been provided in this section.
Solution 1: Repair or Reinstall QuickBooks
- You have to open the Control panel of your computer and then click on Add or Remove Programs. The same can be searched in the Start Menu.
- Find QuickBooks and then hover your cursor on it and right-click on it.
- Now, you have to hit on Repair and then Follow the instructions that come up on the screen.
- Moving ahead, hit a click on Uninstall tab, if you want to Uninstall the QuickBooks desktop and then again reinstall it.
- Once you are done with the process, reboot your PC and reinstall the software.
- Lastly, open the QuickBooks software to inspect if the running issue is got solved. Move to the next solution if still the error appears.
Solution 2: Repairing Windows Registry Key Files
It is suggested that you seek professional help for this, as trying it without technical knowledge can be quite risky. Follow to the steps below for repair and fix Windows registry key.
- Initially, you need to press Win + R keys to directly open the Run window on your screen.
- After that type Regedit and press Enter key. This command will open the Registry Editor Window.
- In the next step, select the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Also, you are required to Find and Delete the keys related to the names of the already uninstalled apps.
- The duplicate keys for the programs, that have been uninstalled need to be essentially deleted. The easy steps are as follows:
- At first, hit a click on Ctrl and F keys together to open the Find box.
- And further, you need to type the application’s name within the Find box,
- Followed by hitting on Enter key. You will see a key is highlighted, in case it matches the text being searched.
- In such as case, your should tap on Delete to delete this key.
- Additionally, you can use the F3 key to switch between alternatives and subsequently Delete them.
- Once you are done with all the steps mentioned above, you now need to perform the same procedure with the paths provided as follows:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Run
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
- The above given steps might be bit technical for you, we recommend you to consult with your IT professionals.
- After done with the steps, you should restart your QuickBooks once and check if the error got fixed.
Solution 3: Remove Malware
Within your antivirus software, you are required to run a complete scan of your computer to check if there are any viruses or any potential threats that are causing the error message 7149 in QuickBooks. Once detected by the antivirus, all the viruses will be immediately removed. Once done, restart your computer and see if it is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Disable antivirus for some time
In case you find out that it is your antivirus that is preventing QuickBooks from working, then disable it for some time. Once it is done, QuickBooks will be able to open normally. You can reboot your system as well and then run in safe mode. Open it and update it also.
- You need to look for the Antivirus icon in the taskbar.
- After that, hit a right-click on the same.
- Once you see the options on the screen, look for the Disable tab and hit the same.
- Later on, try opening QuickBooks after disabling it.
- You might require to start the system in safe mode and then open the software and update it.
Solution 5: Close any conflicting programs
You should end tasks and processes related to such conflicting programs, the steps for which are given as under:
- Under this solution method, you need to open Task Manager by hitting on Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together, on your keyboard.
- This will let you see the List of programs running on your system.
- Moving ahead, head to Processes tab and stop the programs one by one. Also click on End process tab to terminate the task.
- Later on, you need to look carefully at the message when it occurs at the time of stopping a process.
- After you are able to spot which process is causing the snag, then you can perform the steps for reinstalling the application.
Solution 6: Go for Disc Cleanup
A low amount of free space on your PC, may also lead to such error. In this situation, clearing up space on your hard disk is a good idea. Checkout the following steps below:
- Access Windows Explorer by hitting Win + E keys buttons.
- After that hit a right-click on C drive and head to Properties.
- Furthermore, move to the General tab and select the Disk Cleanup option to start the clean-up process.
- Once done, hit a click on OK to close the window.
See it also: How to Fix Overflow Error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Fixing the QuickBooks error code 7149 is not much of a problem. But, if you get stuck or having trouble or if have some query related to it, then you can seek assistance from our QuickBooks error support team. Our accounting professionals are well trained, have years of expertise in the field, and are equipped with the latest cutting-edge tools. The best part is that they are available 24/7 to you out.
Few FAQ’s related to QuickBooks Error 7149
This error appears in the form of an error message stating:
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Here are some solutions to fix this error:
1: The user should have to restore the backup company file, in order to fix this error.
2: Also, removing virus or any threat can be a savior to get rid of from such an error.
The error may be caused due to the following reasons:
1. An Incorrect Quickbooks installation might lead to this error.
2. The user can also experience this issue, if the Windows Registry is corrupted.
3. Another trigger can be if a virus attack on important files.
Similar helpful articles: