Convenient ways to go for fixation of QuickBooks Error code 9997
The QuickBooks software has bolstered businesses by accentuating their accounting operations to a new level. However, besides the benefits that it has been showering, the QuickBooks software has been experiencing frequent disruptions brought about by various Error codes. QuickBooks error code 9997 is one such error that keeps on annoying users. To tackle the dead stop brought about by this error code, you need to perform some simple technical troubleshooting methods, all of which shall be unraveled in this article. When users stumble across this error, they are unable to log in to QuickBooks online. As such, all your financial operations come to a sudden halt, preventing you from accessing your recent transactions.
So, make sure that you go through the full length of this article and perform the remedies one by one and consequently check if the method contributes towards the fixation of QuickBooks Error code 9997. Although this blog should guide you past the error, if you feel any need for technical assistance, then, in that case, you can reach out to our technical support team, which comprises certified experts with years of experience under their belt. Connect with our U.S based technical Support team at our helpline and let it guide you through.
You may also like: Fix QuickBooks Error 17337 When downloading a Payroll
A Brief Insight Into QuickBooks Error Code 9997
With the arrival of QuickBooks Error code 9997, users may face a myriad of assorted disruptions while working on QuickBooks Online. This technical snag prevents users from accessing their financial institution and also prevents them from gaining access to their transactions. There are various fixations methods that you can perform to get rid of this error and perform your accounting tasks seamlessly. At times, this error can be resolved by merely deleting the browser cache and removing any temporary files. Nonetheless, there are various other ways of getting rid of this error, all of which shall be covered by this article. But before we move on to the fixation of QuickBooks online error code 9997, let us get a brief insight into the causes and symptoms forging this error.
Potential Causes that Instigate the QuickBooks Error Code 9997
Several different factors can play a contributory role in instigating the QuickBooks online banking error 9997. These are earmarked as follows:
- Having poor internet connectivity or frequent disruptions in your internet connection.
- Accumulation of excessive junk and temporary files.
- The QuickBooks software might be unable to get access to the financial institution.
- Virus intrusion in your computer system can also be a major cause leading to the such error.
Major Symptoms Related to the QuickBooks Error Code 9997
QuickBooks users witness several signs that clearly reflect the arrival of this Error code 9997 in the software. Although there may be other signs as well, the ones mentioned below are the most common:
- The Error code 9997-related warning message shows up on the screen.
- In case you are unable to access your transactions via QuickBooks Online.
- Repeated freezing and crashing of the QuickBooks software time and again.
- The computer responds extremely slowly than its normal speed.
- Besides the aforementioned list of conspicuous symptoms, there can be several other signs experienced by QuickBooks users upon the arrival of the error. Nonetheless, let us now proceed ahead towards the methods to tackle the QuickBooks Error code 9997.
Updated Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 9997
We have drafted this section in a format that makes it quite easy to comprehend and implement for all types of QuickBooks users. The section entails all the practical methods to fix this error. Just be cautious about implementing the steps in the same order without missing out on any step.
Method 1: Use the Incognito tab to access QuickBooks Online
Accessing your QuickBooks online account through the Incognito mode can effectively resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 9997. When you access Windows in the Incognito mode, you nullify any chances of disruptions caused by issues within your internet browser. Perform the steps given below:
- To sign into QuickBooks Online, you are supposed to access the Incognito tab or In Private browsing window in your web browser. Afterward, access QuickBooks Online from this Incognito tab.
- Subsequently, you are supposed to tap on the Banking button.
- Follow it up by opting for the Edit option.
- Hit the Edit sign-in info option to head to the next section.
- At this stage, you need to type your Banking information/credentials.
- After providing the information related to your financial institution, you need to hit on the Save & Update tabs to re-establish the connection.
- Afterward, hit on the Review button to review the entire series of foregoing steps performed by you.
Method 2: Alter the QuickBooks File Extension
- Check to see if you can access the QuickBooks Company Files on other systems if the error message is related to the file extension of the QuickBooks Company file. If so, you are supposed to alter the QuickBooks file extension and save it in the Company file and see if this action resolves the Error code 9997.
- After implementing the previous step, the company file should be updated. However, if the company file has not been updated, you are required to reinstall the QuickBooks software. Also, make sure that you save QuickBooks for Macintosh in Mac OS only and not on the Windows Operating System. Any kind of similar mismatch can prove hazardous and will directly lead to errors.
- Afterward, you are supposed to run a recent antivirus update before accessing your QuickBooks Company file.
- Afterward, access QuickBooks and check if the error got resolved.
Method 3: Updating Windows becomes indispensable
You are supposed to check if your Windows Operating System has been updated to the latest release. If that isn’t the case, then several errors can pop up, the QuickBooks Error Code 9997 being no exception. In such circumstances, it is recommended to follow the procedure below to update your Windows operating system.
- Before embarking on the process of updating Windows, disable any system security program (if installed on your computer).
- In case the firewall is enabled, make sure to turn it off.
- Also, make sure there aren’t any running programs while troubleshooting is taking place.
- If the application was previously functional with the security, see if the security has been upgraded.
- After implementing the steps above, start off with the process of updating your Windows.
- Hit on the Start menu, and then type in ‘’Update’’ in the search box.
- Now, double-tap on the System update icon.
- Once the update window shows up, opt for the Check for updates option.
- Choose all the relevant and essential updates and head forward toward downloading the Updates.
- Restart your computer afterward to auto-install the downloaded updates.
- Access QuickBooks Online once again and check if you are able to log in and access your transactions this time around.
Method 4: Recreating essential files can fix Error code 9997
Recreation of some QB-related files can assist in rectifying the QuickBooks banking error code 9997. In this context, you are supposed to:
- Recreate the missing transactions and the copy of the QuickBooks Company File using the most recent Transaction Log file.
- Recreate the entire dataset using the QuickBooks Company file and Transaction Log File, excluding the last few hours of transactions.
Method 5: Restoring the Company File Backup
One viable fixation method for this problem is to restore the backup of your company file. The backup process is quite convenient and doesn’t involve ample technical skills. All you need is to follow the procedure entailed below:
- Start off by launching the QuickBooks software.
- Next, you are supposed to access your QuickBooks company file.
- For this, you need to choose the Open or Restore Company tab.
- Then, move to Restore a backup copy, followed by hitting on Next.
- Opt for the Local Backup option and then again hit on Next.
- From the drop-down option, pick the location of your backup company file.
- Herein, you are required to choose the backup file with the .qbb extension. After doing that, tap on the Open tab and then follow it up by hitting on Next.
- To restore the Backup QuickBooks file, hit click on Save-in from the drop-down box and then browse to your selected location.
- Make sure the recovered file is automatically saved in the .qbw format by typing the new company file name in the File-name column and checking the Save as box.
- Hit on “Yes” tab and type “YES” and hit Enter to confirm the overwrite procedure.
Miscellaneous Troubleshooting Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 9997
In addition to the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above, there are some miscellaneous solutions that you can try out for the fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 9997. These are mentioned below:
Misc. Method 1: System Restore
- Look up the System restore option after tapping on the Start menu.
- After that, hit on the Enter key.
- Double tap on the System Restore option now.
- Herein, you are required to opt for a restoration point and enter the Admin password.
- Choose Restore and wait for the procedure to finish.
- Restart your computer after you are finished, then access the QuickBooks online through your web browser to see if Error Code 9997 got fixed.
Misc. Method 2: Clear cache and delete any temporary files
Clearing browser cache, browser history, and temporary files are effective remedies for the fixation of Error Code 9997 in QuickBooks online. Follow the below-given guidelines to wipe off the Error code:
- Launch your internet browser. Let us take the example of Google Chrome.
- When opened, head to More Tools, followed by opting for Clear Browsing data.
- Herein, you need to place checkmarks beside Browsing History, Cookies, and Other Site data and Cached Images and files.
- Follow it up by hitting on Clear data.
- Having cleared the Cached data, you are now supposed to Clean the temporary files. Follow the instructions to remove the temporary files:
- Tap on the Win + R keys to show up in the Run window.
- Now type “%temp%” and hit the Enter key.
- The folder containing the temporary files shows up. Herein, you are supposed to hit on Ctrl + A keys and then hit on the Delete key on the keyboard. This action will remove the temporary files.
Misc. Method 3: Check your system for viruses
You should also check for any viruses within your system and remove them at the earliest. For this, you should go for a complete system scan from your antivirus software. After removing any virus-infected files, re-access your QuickBooks Online to check if the error code 9997 got sorted out.
Bidding adieu on a supportive note!
The contents of this piece of writing should be sufficient for the fixation of QuickBooks Error Code 9997. If you face disruptions in the shape of certain technical difficulties while performing the troubleshooting steps, we recommend you talk to our experts via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
Our QuickBooks online error support experts are always available to answer your calls and equip you with all the necessary information related to the troubleshooting of the myriad of error codes in QuickBooks.
Other helpful articles: