Are you in double thoughts about transferring or uploading your accounting data inQuickBooks? There is absolutely no need to fret; Intuit Customer File Exchange is your answer. This platform enables “data synchronization” and “data exchange” between QuickBooks and different accounting programs. Customer File Exchange can be employed for transferring “Transactions“, “Invoices”, “Lists”, “Reports”, etc. This article discusses the process to upload or download files with Intuit Customer File Exchange.
What is Intuit Customer File Exchange?
Intuit Customer File Exchange is a platform offered by Intuit. It helps users with unhindered and secure exchange of the Company files. With the aid of this service, users can upload or download accounting data files to and from the servers of Intuit. This platform offers data privacy and security when exchanging data to nullify any chances of data breach.
You might read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Install Error Code 1904?
Procedure to Upload Files with Intuit Customer File Exchange
The easy steps to upload file to Intuit Customer File Exchange are given as under:
Step 1: Contacting Intuit for PIN
The inceptive step in the process to upload file with Customer File Exchange requires the user to acquire a Personal Identification Number (PIN). The same can be obtained in the email from Intuit. Upon acquiring the PIN, proceed with the subsequent step.
Step 2: Uploading the file
Users can upload the relevant file in any file format when sending the same to Intuit. The user should, however, create a backup before sending the file. In case of a scenario wherein the file with a name similar to an existing file is to be uploaded, the user should alter the file name.
- The first step is to run the web browser, and when the same is open, navigate to https://intuitb2b.secure.force.com/FileExchange.
- Subsequently, the user is required to type in the Case number, Email, and the PIN already acquired from the email sent by Intuit.
- Subsequent to that, agree to the terms of Service and follow up by clicking on the Sign In tab.
- The user is now required to hit on + and then tap on the Upload button.
- The next step requires choosing the file. This can be done either by the drag and drop method, or by opting for the Browse tab. Upon clicking on Browse, head to the folder containing the file and double-click on the file.
- Upon choosing the file, the user should now hit on Upload.
- When the file has successfully been uploaded, tap on the Close button to make an exit from the window.
Procedure to Download file(s) using Intuit Customer File Exchange
The walkthrough to download the file using the Customer File Exchange has been discussed below:
- Initially, the user is required to sign in to the Intuit File Exchange platform.
- After that, type in the email address, PIN, and other credentials correctly.
- Follow up by accepting the Terms of Service and then choosing the Sign In option.
- The next step is to choose the file and then opt for (…).
- Subsequent to that, the user needs to click on Download.
- Now, proceed by browsing to the location to save the file.
- Upon choosing the location for saving the file, tap on the Save button.
Uploading and downloading file from Data Services
- In case the user send the company file to the data Services, then he/she shouldn’t incorporate any further data in the file located in the system. If any alteration is being made to the file data, then the file needs to be resent or the data need to be added again when Intuit resend the file.
- The user should download the file named “Readme.docx”. This particular file encapsulated the information required for accessing the fixed file. The user should download both the files at the same location.
- In case the user is on server or a network, he/she should proceed by restoring the file before saving it to the host location.
- It is pertinent to note that in case the data file ends with the .qbm file extension, it connotes a compressed copy of the file. The same can be converted to other file formats.
The present discussion provided a thorough overview of Intuit customer File Exchange and also enumerated the procedure to download and upload data to and from Intuit by the use of this platform. If you are facing any hindrances when using this service or while using any other feature rolled out by Intuit, feel no hesitation in reaching out to our QuickBooks desktop support team at the helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.