Learn the best ways to Resolve Intuit Data Protect backup failure issue
Unable to back up with Intuit data protect and don’t know what to do? Well, all your worries end with this article. Many times, it happens that when the user tries to backup with Intuit data protect, he/she fails to do so. As a consequence of various factors, users might encounter these errors.
“Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Firewall or connection issue”
Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: One of the configuration files is damaged or corrupted
Intuit Data Protect backup incomplete: Files did not backup because they were open or not reachable
What eases the situation is, that this error can be easily tackled. Tackling with Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed error might require a brief knowledge of Intuit Data Protect, which we will be providing later in this post. Reading this article will help you in dealing with the technical bug.
So, let us begin with the article, but if in case you feel the need of technical assistance, then are QuickBooks support team is there for you. Ringing at our toll-free number 1-888-383-0323, can help you in getting rid of the Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed snag without any further mess. Just share your issue with us and we will help you to get rid of the error with much ease. We work relentlessly to help our QB users achieve success on all sorts of errors.
You might also see: Resolve QuickBooks not responding error
What is Intuit data protect?
Well, before you learn all the solutions to get rid of this Intuit data protect backup failed issue, it is more sensible to first find out what is Intuit data protect. Intuit data protect is commonly known as IDP. It is a subscription service by Intuit. This subscription basically for permits the users to backup the vital business information online. The best part is that the backup is taken on secure servers. Intuit data protect can be integrated with 2016 and also with the later versions of QuickBooks with much ease. When this IDP gets activated, it takes the backup of the data automatically considering the preferred time every day. It is also capable to take reinforcements of the information. But at times due to various factors, the IDP fails to take the backup. In this scenario, the users usually panic, considering which we have come up with this article. So, let us check out what all can be done to deal with this error.
What triggers to Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed problem?
Well, as stated above the failure of Intuit data protect backup can be a consequence a various factor. One of the most commonly seen causes if that when the application can’t access the file which is to be backed up. The list of triggers does not end over here, let us have a look on a few other causes:
- In case the company file that the user wishes to backup is already open on some other work station, the user might end up in a backup failure
- Another cause can be, if the ibuenghost.exe process runs on the local user on Windows, rather than admin user
- If the operating system makes use of some other file instead of NTFS, the user might end up in this bug.
Methods to get rid of the Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed issue
Intuit data protector can be a great asset, especially when it comes to daily automatic backup of the data. But at times this also might fail, in such cases carry out the manual procedures which we have discussed below get rid of the error. So, let us find out what those procedures are:
Solution 1: Ensuring that the Windows firewall isn’t blocking the Intuit data protect
Many times, it happens that the firewall blocks access for security purposes. In such a scenario, the user might end up in failing to backup with Intuit data protect. Thus, it is important to check the firewall and ensure that important files are allowed. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Adding important files to the Windows firewall
- The very first step is to press windows key and then type in the firewall in the search field
- Now, choose the Allow an app through windows firewall option. And then, allow another app option is to be selected
- The next step is to choose the browse option and move to the path Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to opt for QBIDPservice.exe, followed by selecting open option
- Once done with that, choose the network types and choose the private checkbox. This will now require the user to click on Add
- Now, the user is supposed to repeat the steps 4 and 5 for the files IBUenghost.exe and IntuitDataProtect.exe. In case a message appears on the screen saying that the files exist, then you are all set.
The point to be noted here is that, the third-party antivirus software present on the system can also block the important files. Thus, the user needs to ensure that these files are permitted.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks unrecoverable errors?
Step 2: Add Windows Firewall ports
Following are the steps for configuring QuickBooks firewall ports & internet security settings:
- At first, press Windows button or Start menu
- After that type Control Panel in the search field.
- Now navigate to the System and Security option.
- Then select Windows Firewall program and then choose Advanced Settings.
- After that choose Inbound Rules settings, from the left side of the Advanced Settings window,
- Then select New Rule from the right side of the same window.
- Now you have to enter the ports manually and then hit on Next option.
- Incoming Port: 80
- Outgoing Ports: 443, 16841
- Here you need to follow the on-screen instructions until it gets close
- Repeat the same steps for the Outbound Rules.
Step 3: Add intuit data protect to the trusted sites
The user needs to ensure that the intuit websites are set as trusted sites in the Internet Explorer. The steps involved in this process are:
- Initially, press windows key and then type in internet options in the search bar
- After that choose the security and trusted sites options respectively.
- The next step is to choose the sites option and then add the following websites. The user can either copy and paste or type manually. After that select the add option for each of the sites:
- emerald.backup.com (a new trusted site that updates your Intuit Data Protect certificates)
- The user needs to ensure that the required server verification for all the sites in this zone is unchecked
- After that, click on the close option and then hit OK button.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to ensure whether they are able to open the Intuit Data Protect certificate site or not. In order to avoid any further backup errors, the site should open up
- Now, make an attempt to back up with Intuit data protect.
Solution 2: Freeing up the space in the Intuit Data protect
Another solution to get rid of this issue can be to free up the space in the Intuit data protect. This can be done as follows:
- First of all, check the Intuit data protect version and ensure if it is up to date
- Now, delete the backup folders, after downloading the backed-up files first
- The next step is to reduce the backup file size, as it would clear the space
- Hit a right click on the Data Protect icon, then choose Open Intuit Data Protect.
- After that choose Change Backup Settings.
- Now Un-tick on the files and folders you don’t need to back up.
- Hit on Continue button until you see exit backup settings.
- Now try to backup once more time
Read Also: Steps to fix QuickBooks error code 12152
Solution 3: Make use of the Intuit data protect diagnostic tool
Intuit data protect diagnostic tool can be of much help in fixing this error. This tool basically checks the computer’s memory, disk space, Windows components and intuit data protect version. Not only this, it also tests whether the user is able to connect to the backup service or not. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, right click bank with intuit data protect icon, and then opt for the about intuit data protect option. It would look like a green padlock
- Now, user needs to press ctrl+ F2 keys to open the intuit data protect diagnostic tool
- The next step is to select run diagnostics. In case the Diagnostics Tool detects an issue with a firewall or third-party security software, you will need to reconfigure the software to allow access to Intuit Data Protect files.
- For information about configuring your security software and hardware, check your manufacturer’s website, then add the following files for exceptions:
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IntuitDataProtect.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\IbuEnghost.exe
- C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect\QBIDPServices.exe
In case the tool finds any problem, an error window will display on the screen. The user can go with the next steps.
Solution 4: Ensuring QuickBooks desktop and Intuit data protect are updated
The user is supposed to ensure that the QuickBooks desktop software and the Intuit data protect are updated. If not, the user can carry out the required procedures to update the software.
Click here to know how to update your QuickBooks to latest release.
Solution 5: Make sure that IBuEngHost.exe isn’t running as a windows user
It should be noted that the IBuEngHost.exe is required to run as a system user for Intuit Data Protect to work in a proper manner.
Step 1: Make sure that the file is running as System
- The very first step is to right click the windows taskbar and then choose the start task manager
- After that, choose the details tab. The user is supposed to look for IBuEngHost.exe. Also, the user needs to ensure that it has the user name as system and the status is running.
Step 2: IBuEngHost.exe isn’t running as System, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, download a new installer for QuickBooks version. Also note that you need to save the file where it can be spotted easily
- And then move to the location where the installer was saved
- The next step is to right click the installer and choose run as admin
- Moving ahead, the user needs to proceed with the re-installation process
- Now, look for the IBuEngHost.exe in the task manager and also ensure that the status is running and also the user name is system
- The last step is to make an attempt to back up with Intuit data protect.
The above enlisted methods are capable enough to resolve the backup failed error with Intuit data protect. But if in case the error continues to trouble the user, then you just need to give us a call, and we will leave no stone unturned to free you from this technical Snag. Thus, feel free to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, we will be happy to help you.
People also searched for: