Here’s how you can fix QuickBooks Error Code 1311 and prevent it from reoccurring in the future
Accountancy is one of the most crucial factors of any organization. No matter whether a business is small or big in terms of operation, keeping the records of finances in check is essential for the health of the business. There are a lot of software that allow the users to keep the check of the organization’s financial records but QuickBooks is considered as one of the best and most liked accounting software around the globe. With regular updates, its user base enjoys fresh features but there are some errors that are commonly found. QuickBooks Error code 1311 is one such error. So, in this article we will discuss the error 1311, what it is and how can we fix it.
Fore more details regarding QuickBooks error 1311, the user can simply read out the article below. Or if you are short of time, then feel free to call us anytime at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323. We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible services round the clock. We will be happy to fix the error for you.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks multi-user error H202?
What is QuickBooks Error code 1311?
This error code pops up when a user tries to export a report to Excel from the financial Statement writer. As the entire accounting process in any organization is about going back and forth from accounting software and excel, this error makes the productivity difficult. QuickBooks Error code 1311 pops up on the screen with a particular message which is:
Error 1311: ‘’Source file not found: D:\ZF561407.CAB’ . Verify that the file exists and that you can access it”
Apart from popping up while exporting the files to Excel, QuickBooks Error code 1311 also appears when the user is updating QuickBooks using a CD-ROM or any other Compact disk device and there is some issue with the device.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error code 1311?
Every QuickBooks user needs to understand the causes of QuickBooks Error code 1311 as this can help in avoiding the error pop-ups. So, here are some of the factors that commonly cause Error code 1311:
- One or multiple files of QuickBooks Installation are damaged or corrupted.
- The CD-ROM Drive itself has some issues in accessing a disk.
- A compatibility issue between QuickBooks Desktop and a particular version of Microsoft office.
- The CD drive with which the installation is being done is damaged itself.
- One or multiple installation files of Microsoft Office are damaged or corrupted.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 1311?
If a user comes across one or multiple symptoms that are mentioned below then they should diagnose their system for QuickBooks Error code 1311:
- QuickBooks Error code 1311 pops up on the screen itself:
- Installation of QuickBooks Desktop with a company disk is failing repeatedly
- Whenever a file is being exported to any media, QuickBooks freezes entirely
- User is unable to export one or multiple reports from QB FSD to Microsoft Excel
What are the methods to fix QuickBooks Error code 1311?
As now we have a decent understanding as to what QuickBooks Error code 1311 is, let us understand how we can fix the error on our system. Users should ensure that they go through all the below-mentioned methods one by one as it will ensure that the system is free Error code 1311.
Method#1: Changing Access to CD-ROM
- For this, users will have to go to the Start menu and then go to Control Panel option
- Here, click on Administrative Tools and then select Local Security Policy
- After that, expand the Local Policies folder from the left drop-down menu and then click on Security options.
- Now, restrict access to CD-ROM for users who are currently logged into the local network.
- Lastly, redo the selection process done in the last step and restart the computer.
Method#2: Use Command Prompt
- For this, the user needs to ensure that they have administrator access on their system.
- Start with opening Command Prompt as Administrator and type the following: SFC/SCANNOW; once done, click on Enter key.
- Once the scan gets completed, follow the process by typing the following in the command prompt: msiexec/unregin and press Enter key.
- Lastly, users will have to type the following: msiexec/regserver and press Enter key
- After all the above-mentioned steps are processed, installation of the Creative Suite product will become easier.
Method#3: Copying Files to Hard Drive and then Installing it
- For this, start with inserting CD in the CD-ROM Drive
- On the desktop, right-click on Start and from the pop-up options, select Explore option
- Choose Desktop in the left pane and then create a new folder on Desktop
- Click on the new folder to highlight the location and then go to the File menu on the toolbar
- Here, click on New and then click on the folder created just now.
- Name the folder QuickBooks for finding it easily later.
- Go to QuickBooks CD-ROM and copy the following files and folders:
- Paste the following files and folders in the QuickBooks folder on the Desktop.
- Once done, open the folder and run the setup manually to install QuickBooks Updates.
Once all these methods are performed successfully, the QuickBooks Error code 1311 should no longer exist. However, if you still face this error, you can contact our round-the-clock QuickBooks error support team at 1-888-383-0323 and speak to an expert. Our team of experts boasts years of experience and cutting edge technology and can help you immediately.
Checkout more helpful articles: