Here’s how you can fix QuickBooks Error Code 1311 and prevent it from reoccurring in the future
Accountancy is one of the most crucial factors of any organization. No matter whether a business is small or big in terms of operation, keeping the records of finances in check is essential for the health of the business. There are a lot of software that allow us to keep the check of the organization’s financial records but QuickBooks is considered as one of the best and most liked accounting software around the globe. With regular updates, its user base enjoys fresh features but there are some errors that are commonly found. QuickBooks Error code 1311 is one such error. So, in this article we will discuss this error, what it is and how can we fix it.
For more details regarding QuickBooks error code 1311, you can simply read out the article below. Or if you are short of time, then feel free to connect with our support executives using our customer support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks multi-user error H202?
What is QuickBooks Error code 1311?
This error code pops up when you try to export a report to Excel from the financial Statement writer. As the entire accounting process in any organization is about going back and forth from accounting software and excel, this error makes the productivity difficult. QuickBooks Error code 1311 pops up on the screen with a particular message which is:
Error 1311: ‘’Source file not found: D:\ZF561407.CAB’ . Verify that the file exists and that you can access it”
Apart from popping up while exporting the files to Excel, QuickBooks Error code 1311 also appears when you are updating QuickBooks using a CD-ROM or any other Compact disk device and there is some issue with the device.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error code 1311?
Every user needs to understand the causes of QuickBooks Error code 1311 as this can help in avoiding the error pop-ups. So, here are some of the factors that commonly cause Error code 1311:
- One or multiple files of QuickBooks desktop Installation are damaged or corrupted.
- The CD-ROM Drive itself has some issues in accessing a disk.
- A compatibility issue between QuickBooks Desktop and a particular version of Microsoft office.
- The CD drive with which the installation is being done is damaged itself.
- One or multiple installation files of Microsoft Office are damaged or corrupted.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error code 1311?
If you came across one or multiple symptoms that are mentioned below then you should diagnose your system for QuickBooks Error code 1311:
- QuickBooks Error code 1311 pops up on the screen itself:
- Installation of QuickBooks Desktop with a company disk is failing repeatedly.
- Whenever a file is being exported to any media, QuickBooks freezes entirely.
- You are unable to export one or multiple reports from QB FSD to Microsoft Excel.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks error 401?
Quick Tips to Settle QuickBooks Error Code 1311
As now we have a decent understanding as to what QuickBooks Error code 1311 is, let us understand how we can fix the error on our system. You should ensure that you go through all the below-mentioned methods one by one as it will ensure that the system is free from error code 1311.
Method#1: Changing Access to CD-ROM
- For this, you will have to go to the Start menu and then go to Control Panel option.
- Here, click on Administrative Tools and then select Local Security Policy.
- Expand the Local Policies folder from the left drop-down menu and then click on Security options.
- Now restrict access to CD-ROM for users who are currently logged into the local network.
- Lastly redo the selection process done in the last step and restart the computer.
Method#2: Use Command Prompt
- For this, you need to ensure that you have administrator access on their system.
- Start with opening Command Prompt as Administrator and type the following: SFC/SCANNOW; once done, click on Enter key.
- Once the scan gets completed, follow the process by typing the following in the command prompt: msiexec/unregin and press Enter key.
- Lastly, you will have to type the following: msiexec/regserver and press Enter key.
- After all the above-mentioned steps are processed, installation of the Creative Suite product will become easier.
Method#3: Copying Files to Hard Drive and then Installing it
- Start with inserting CD in the CD-ROM Drive.
- On the desktop, hit a right-click on Start and from the pop-up options, select Explore option.
- Choose desktop in the left pane and then create a new folder on Desktop.
- Hit a click on the new folder to highlight the location and then go to the File menu on the toolbar.
- Next, hit a click on New and then click on the folder created just now.
- Name the folder QuickBooks for finding it easily later.
- Go to QuickBooks CD-ROM and copy the following files and folders:
- Paste the following files and folders in the QuickBooks folder on the Desktop.
- Once done, open the folder and run the setup manually to install QuickBooks Updates.
Method #4: Reinstalling CS4 Application
In case you have Windows XP as the operating system, then move to the start tab and then click on run.
- Now, in the open field, sort msiexec/unreg and then click on enter tab.
For Windows Vista, you are required to choose All Programs, cross to accessories and then select run.
- After that in the open field, sort msiexec/regserver and then hit enter key.
- You are recommended to reinstall CS4 software.
Method #5: Verifying Microsoft office compatibility
You can verify the compatibility of Microsoft office, by carrying out the steps below:
- Move to the control panel and then double click on add or remove programs.
- Choose Microsoft office to do the adjustments.
- The variations wish to be changed to Microsoft 2000 or later.
- In case this version is not 2000 or later, then you will have to modify or repair as per the instructions offered to fix the issue.
Method #6: Using Photoshop Elements Disc
- Insert the Photoshop Elements install disc into the DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- Open My Computer and right click on Photoshop Elements disc.
- Create a folder on the desktop and copy the Adobe photoshop elements folder in it.
- When copying has done, then eject the disc.
- Open the Adobe Photoshop Elements and double click on the Setup.exe to start the installation.
- Pay heed to the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Once all these methods are performed successfully, the QuickBooks Error code 1311 should no longer exist. However, if you still face this error, you can contact our round-the-clock QuickBooks error support team with the help of our support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787 and speak to an expert. Our team of experts boasts years of experience and cutting edge technology and can help you immediately.
Checkout more helpful articles: