QuickBooks users have been encountering a spate of 15xxx error codes. QuickBooks Error 15106 is one recent error in this series and is observed when users try to download the updates for QB Payroll. There are diversified reasons behind this error, and equally multifold are the solutions to fix QuickBooks payroll error 15406.
We shall be digging into all the necessary knowledge you need to fix this QuickBooks technical issue. Meanwhile, for technical assistance for easing the troubleshooting process, you may call our certified experts.
What evokes QuickBooks Error 15406?
Below are mentioned some of the major causes that may lead to this error message:
- Damaged company files because the installation wasn’t done properly.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer was set up wrong.
- QuickBooks is not able to check digital signatures.
- If your computer is attacked by malware or an exploit.
- It’s hard to connect to the Internet.
- A file in your Windows Registry is broken or wrong.
You can read also: How to Solve Common QuickBooks Bank Reconciliation Problems?
Updated Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15406
You should follow the solutions given below for fixing Error code 15406 in QuickBooks payroll.
1st Method: Check Internet Settings
The first method requires users to check and configure their internet settings, the steps for which are given as under:
- Initially, check if your internet connection is uninterrupted.
- Soon after, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, go to the Help menu and choose Internet Connection Setup.
- Click on the option to Use my computer’s Internet connection settings.
- The last step is to tap on Next and then choose Advanced Connection Settings.
2nd Method: Clean Install QuickBooks
One effective approach to perform a QuickBooks Clean Install tool involves uninstalling QuickBooks, renaming the QuickBooks folder, and finally reinstalling QuickBooks. Once you are done, activate QuickBooks desktop by using the license and product keys. The steps below should aid you.
- Open Control Panel.
- After that, advance to Programs and Features.
- You need to choose and uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, change the folder name of the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder after clicking on Rename option.
- At last, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Use your product and license keys to get QuickBooks registered and activated.
3rd Method: Setting up the Digital Signature Certificate
The steps required to install a new/updated digital signature certificate are as under:
- Close QuickBooks if any of its windows are open.
- Then, find the QBW32.exe file in C:/Program Files (x86)/Intuit/QuickBooks.
- After that, right-click the .exe file and go to Properties.
- Now, advance to Digital Signature certificate.
- Check that Intuit.inc is on the list and click the View certificate button.
- When the Certificate window comes up, just tap on Install.
- Once the certificate has been successfully updated, restart QuickBooks and then check if QuickBooks payroll Error 15406 still persists.
4thMethod: Update using the Safe mode
This last method requires accessing the system in the Safe Mode. The steps for the same are given as under:
- Restart your computer and then tap F8 key repeatedly to open the Advanced Boot Options.
- Therein, opt for Safe mode with networking.
- Press the Enter key.
We illustrated all the relevant methods for fixing QuickBooks Payroll Error 15406 in this article. If you are a user of QuickBooks, you should be very well aware of the fact that how common error codes in QuickBooks are. If you are facing such issues, all you need to do is ring our certified QuickBooks payroll error support experts a call at the helpline i.e., +1(800)761-1787.