The procedure to set up workforce for QuickBooks desktop might seem to be a tedious task to many QuickBooks users. QuickBooks workforce is basically a QuickBooks feature that permits the users to share paycheck details with the employees. The QuickBooks Workforce also allows an employer to invite their employees to View and Print their paychecks and W-2s from any system or smartphone browser over the internet.
With the workforce the employees can access their paychecks, along with the timesheets through TSheets. This also involves Skip printing and mailing stubs and forms to the employees. If you are in search of a comprehensive guide to set up QuickBooks workforce for QuickBooks desktop, then you have landed in the right place. In this article, we are going to assist you with an easy process to set up workforce for QuickBooks desktop. So, keep reading!
Meanwhile, if you are having any related doubts regarding the QuickBooks workforce or need assistance with any QuickBooks-related information, feel free to reach out. Our professionals and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will provide you with the best possible support services.
Requirements to set up workforce for QuickBooks
There are certain requirements that need to be doubles checked before setting up the QuickBooks workforce, which includes the following:
- Updating QuickBooks to the latest release version is the foremost requirement.
- Make sure to have updated tax tables.
- You should ensure that during the process, you log in to QuickBooks as an administrator.
You might see also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1321?
Procedure to Set Up Company File for QuickBooks Workforce Admin
- You must use the QuickBooks desktop’s latest maintenance release and also the latest payroll updates.
- Now, in the QuickBooks desktop company, you need to choose the Employees option and then Manage payroll cloud services. In case you don’t see the Manage payroll cloud services tab, you need not have the latest QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, you are supposed to toggle the status to ”on” status in the Payroll cloud services window, under the QuickBooks workforce.
- When asked to, you will be required to create or confirm a PIN used for sending the payroll data,
- Next step is to choose Save changes option,
- And then opt for the return to QuickBooks in the confirmation window.
- Now, when the user runs payroll, it is important to Upload the paycheck info to Intuit when asked. It should be noted that users need to upload the pay stubs. For uploading paycheck info after each payroll, you can carry the steps below:
- In the QuickBooks Desktop company file, you need to create paychecks as it is done normally.
- Additionally, you need to ensure to tap on Send to Intuit on the confirmation and then next steps screen.
- Now, on the Send/receive data window, hit on Send. When asked, you need to Enter the payroll service PIN.
- The point to be noted here is that, if you ever forget to choose to Send to Intuit after creating paychecks, you can always visit the Employees and then choose to Send payroll data.
- In case this is your first time setting up the QuickBooks workforce, then you will have to upload Historical paychecks, for the employees to view their Pay Stubs issues prior to setting up the QuickBooks workforce.
Confirming your account information via a code
If asked to confirm the account information with a code, the below steps should be followed:
When you sign in to QuickBooks workforce using the Intuit account login, you might be asked to confirm the account information with the help of a confirmation code.
- The very first step is to choose How you would like to receive the code?
- And then select Continue and the code will be sent to you.
- If you are not having access to the email listed, then you need to select the Confirm my account a different way for updating email.
- Also, do not leave the screen before entering the confirmation code. You need to open another window if needed.
- After that Retrieve the confirmation code. This might take some time and the code might arrive in the mailbox after a couple of minutes. You might also be required to check the Bulk/junk/spam mail folder to see if the code went there.
- And then Enter the code and hit Continue.
- If you did not receive any code, then choose the Didn’t receive a code option.
- After you have been verified, you will be automatically signed in to the QuickBooks workforce
Intuit Online Payroll
Before the date of October 31, 2019, Intuit online payroll used the paycheck record feature for sending paychecks to the employees. But now the QuickBooks workforce is used for this purpose. The steps below can be used to set up workforce for QuickBooks online payroll.
- The very first step is to access Intuit online payroll and then visit the Employees option to choose the Employee’s name.
- And then, opt for the Employees site access section and then choose the Edit menu.
- The next step is to enter the Employee’s email ID registered with QuickBooks workforce in the online pay stubs access window.
- Now, place a checkmark in the box stating to access pay stubs online and then send the Email.
- Lastly, the employees can View the paycheck and W-2s after the email is received.
Related Post: Fix QuickBooks Update Error 404 (Page Not Found)
Easy Steps for inviting employees
Now that you know the process to set up workforce in QuickBooks, it is time to invite employees. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
1st Step: Logging in to Intuit account in QuickBooks
If you have already logged in to the Intuit account in QuickBooks, then directly jump on to the next step. It should be noted that the Intuit account login is different from that of the company file login. The steps involved in here are:
- You need to opt for the My company option after heading to the Company menu.
- Within My Company, you to pick Sign in on the top right corner.
- After that, log in using the Intuit ID and password.
Facing issues while signing in?
If you are unable to sign in to your account even after multiple attempts, then you may be typing incorrect log in credentials. However, there can be a few other reasons behind this:
Entering incorrect password or user ID.
Some technical glitches can also prevent you from signing into QuickBooks.
You can choose the I forgot my user ID or password.
2nd Step: Sending an invite
- For this, you need to opt for Manage payroll cloud services from the Employee’s menu. Also, note that if you do not see Manage payroll cloud services, you need to Update QuickBooks.
- Now, under QuickBooks workforce, you need to toggle the status to ON and then choose Invite employees.
- Now, the Employees list will appear on the screen. And you are then required to opt for Employees to give access and then Add the email addresses. The point to be noted here is that if the Invite page doesn’t load, then you need to ensure to Turn on ActiveX controls in Internet explorer.
- And lastly, choose the Send invite. After you have sent it, you should see “Invited” under the STATUS column.
Removing Employee access
When you can’t remove an employee’s access to the own paychecks, you can turn off the QuickBooks workforce’s access to the QuickBooks payroll. This is not recommended, as it can affect the employees. But if you still want to do that, then carry out the steps below:
- Choose Manage payroll cloud services from the Employees menu.
- And then under QuickBooks workforce, toggle the status to OFF and then hit Save.
Conditions and solutions regarding the process to set up workforce for QuickBooks
In case you haven’t given paycheck access to the employees before, then here is further information that you might find helpful.
In case you remove or change an employee’s email
After the employee accepts the invite and logs in to the QuickBooks Workforce, then changing their email in QuickBooks desktop payroll will not affect the account or access.
If you deleted a Negative paycheck
- A negative check might display as a negative net amount, which would result in a net zero payroll.
- Also, deleted or voided checks get removed from the workforce.
In case you opt for disk delivery
Under such a circumstance, the QuickBooks workforce is not available for disk delivery. You need to sign up to payroll for QuickBooks desktop to let the employees access their paychecks and W-2s online.
We have tried to sum up all possible information related to the process to set up workforce for QuickBooks. And we hope this information might help you in some or the other way. If not, then need not worry, as we are there to help you. You can give us a call at our customer line i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks desktop support ProAdvisors will be there to rescue you.