Get the best ways to overcome from QuickBooks error code -6000, -832:
While using the QuickBooks accounting software, users often encounter a couple of errors due to various technical drawbacks. One of the commonly encountered error is QuickBooks error code 6000, 832. As it is pretty visible from seeing the error code, it belongs to the QuickBooks 6000 error series. It can be often encountered when the user makes an attempt to open the company file. This error code might come up on the screen all of a sudden with error message stating:
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem Error codes: (6000, -832).
The major factors behind the occurrence of any such error is damaged company file. In today’s blog post, we are going to share the quick tips that can help you to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 832. Thus, make sure to continue reading this post carefully. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323 and discuss your queries with our experts and certified QB professionals.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 6000 816?
What factors lead to QuickBooks error code 6000 832?
The factors causing the error can be many, out of which the common ones are stated below:
- QuickBooks user opened up the company file over a network
- Or the QuickBooks installation files are missing
- Improper permissions for a network server
- If more than one workstation is trying to host the company file
- In case the windows version is used either non us or Canadian version
- Or if the file extension is .qbm or .qbw.adr
- Anti-virus or firewall blocking QuickBooks files
Methods to fix the QuickBooks error code -6000, -832?
QuickBooks error code 6000, 832 can be easily rectified by carrying out a few solutions, which are discussed below. Let us check out each of the processes one by one:
Process 1: Updating the QuickBooks desktop
The user is recommended to download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix the error 6000 832. Also, the user should keep the QuickBooks software updated in order to avoid any sort of error ahead.
Process 2: Changing/Renaming the name of .ND and .TLG files
The user can also get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6000, 832 by simply changing the name of .ND and .TLG files. This can be done by the steps listed below:
- First of all, open the folder having the company file
- And then search for files with .ND and .TLG extensions
- Followed by renaming each file and then adding .OLD at the end of the file names.
Process 3: Confirming folder permissions
- The very first step is to right click the folder having the company file and then selecting properties option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on advanced option on the security tab.
- And then, select QBQDataServiceUserXX and then hit Edit option
- After that ensure that the settings named below are permitted:
- Traverse folder/Execute file
- Read attributes
- List folder/Read data
- Read extended attributes
- Create files/write data
- Create folder/Append data
- Write attributes
- Write extended attributes
- Read permissions
If the permissions are set incorrect, then the user can carry out the steps below:
- First of all, right click the folder having the company file and selecting properties
- After that the user needs to move to the security tab and then hit Edit option
- The next step in the process is to select QBataServiceUserXX and then click on full control
- The last step is to click on Allow and then click on Apply and hit OK button.
Process 4: Ending all the QuickBooks activities
- The very first step is to sign in as the admin on the system
- And then click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the task manager
- The next step is to select Show processes for all the users from the users.
- Moving ahead, the user should select all the QuickBooks processes and then hit the End task option
- The last step in this process is to switch to multi-user mode to open the file.
See this also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
Process 5: Opening the sample company file
The user is supposed to open a sample company files installed on the system. In case the sample company file fails to open and an error appears on the screen, it indicates that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and requires repair. The steps to be followed are listed below:
- The initial step is to move to no company open window.
- And then select the open a sample file
- Moving ahead, the user will see a sample company file. And the user should select the sample file
- If in case the sample file opens up, the user will have to move to the next solution.
Process 6: Verify if the hosting is switched off on all the systems
- To begin with, the user is supposed to press F2 and then a product information tab will open up
- And then search and click on local server information
- The next step is to ensure that the hosting is turned off.
This drives us towards the end of this article, and we expect that the solutions mentioned above might of some help in fixing the error. However, there can be other methods as well to fix the QuickBooks 6000, 832. You can also contact our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323 and ask them for any sort professional assistance.
Our experts and certified QuickBooks professionals will be happy to assist you in fixing the common accounting errors and hinders.
Similar articles you might like: