QuickBooks unexpected error code C=272 is a pretty common error which can be seen when running QuickBooks verify data utility or rebuild data utility in the system. This kind of error disrupts the entire work process and also leads to further delays. The consequences of this error make it important for you to resolve it as soon as possible. If you are also facing such an error, then this article can be of great help to you. In this article, we will be talking about the causes, along with the fixes for the QuickBooks error code C=272. So, it is important for you read the article carefully.
An alternative for the same can be to speak to a team of professionals or experts, who can work for you and resolve the QuickBooks error code C=272 on your behalf. You can call us at any point of time at 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team will be happy to help you. Help is available round the clock!
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6143?
What are the causes of QuickBooks error C=272?
The causes of the QuickBooks error code C=272 can be many, out of which we have listed below some of the most common ones:
- This error can be seen due to data damage.
- Also, in case you tries to navigate a report or similar type of data then such an error could be seen.
- You might also see such an error if you tries to move a report or report like data.
- This error is probable to happen if the data file gets damaged or distorted.
- QuickBooks Error code C=272 can also arise when 1099 & W2 forms are printed.
- In case running the memorized report was produced by earlier QB version and couldn’t convert appropriately.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks unexpected error C=272
Now that you know the basics of the QuickBooks error code C=272, it is the right time to learn the processes to resolve the issue. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Trying to open QuickBooks sample company file
- You are required to open and press CTRL simultaneously.
- And then when the No company open window appears then release the CTRL tab.
- If the error occurs before No company open window appears on the screen, then it is recommended to move onto the next step.
- Now press open sample file option and select a sample file from the list.
- After that hit a click on open sample file option and then click on sample file from the list.
- Next step is to click on open sample file option and then click on sample file from the list.
- The final step is to open the sample company file.
Important: It should be noted that if the sample company file opens without showing an error, then you will have to navigate to verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data else restore the company file from backup. Whereas, if the error is there when opening the sample company file, then move to the next step.
Step 2: Disabling Windows 10 compatibility mode through QuickBooks desktop shortcut icon
- In this step, you need to right click the QuickBooks shortcut icon.
- And then, choose properties.
- Now hit a click on compatibility tab.
- And ensure to un-mark the checkbox that says run program in compatibility.
- After that hit OK button.
- Followed by pressing cancel option and moving to the next step.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Step 3: Disabling windows compatibility for qbw32.exe file
- In the third step, you need to hit a right click on the QB icon on the windows desktop.
- And then click on properties.
- Moving ahead, you need to open the QuickBooks installation folder and then select the shortcut icon and then hit find target option.
- Also press right click on the QBW32.EXE and select the properties tab.
- After that choose the compatibility icon.
- Followed by clearing the checkbox stating run this program in the compatibility mode.
- You will then have to click on OK tab.
- And also choose cancel icon.
- Now shutdown windows explorer.
- And towards the end, turn off the QuickBooks desktop shortcut properties window.
Step 4: Open QuickBooks and company file
Once you are done with all of the above steps, it is the right time to open QuickBooks software and the company file and ensure that the error is resolved completely.
To wrap up!
This brings us towards the end of this article, where we expect that the above stated information will be of great help in tackling the QuickBooks error code C=272. We have tried to summarize the solutions to resolve the error in this post, but if in case you still face the error, then please connect with our QuickBooks support professionals at 1-800-761-1787 to get the feasible solution.
Our experts uses the latest cutting edge tools and technology to fix your problems utmost. You can discuss your query directly with our professionals, and they will guide you with the best possible methods to get rid of the error immediately.
Other helpful articles to read: