Get the 5 DIY methods to rectify the QuickBooks error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106 when opening or accessing the company file:
No doubt, QuickBooks is an impeccable accounting software, but at the same time, it is prone to certain errors. One such error that we will be discussing about is the Error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106 while opening accessing the company file. This error belongs to the QuickBooks 6000 error series. It is very important ensure that before moving ahead and fixing the QuickBooks error 6000, 82 or error 6000, 106, make sure that QuickBooks software is updated to the latest release. It is also suggested to fix company and network issues with QuickBooks file doctor before performing any of the fixation steps. For further information make sure to Continue reading the article till the end carefully.
You may receive following error messages on your desktop screen when opening or creating a company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Error -6000, -82
- Error -6000, -106
Moreover, you can also reach out to our technical support team via our toll-free number, in case you required any kind of technical assistance, or if you want our experts and certified professionals to fix the problem on your behalf. Give us a call and leave the rest on our experts.
You may also like: Steps to Converting from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
Methods to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, -82 or 6000, -106
There can be a couple of solutions that you can implement in order to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6000, 82 and 6000, 106. We will be exploring each of the methods one by one:
Solution 1: Deletion of spaces after the company name and before the company file extension
- The initial step is to log out of QuickBooks desktop on all systems.
- And then open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Next step is to right click on the company file and then select the rename option
- Moving ahead, choose the name of the file and then check and remove any spaces between the file extension and also the name of the company.
- Last step is to make an attempt to open or create a company file.
Solution 2: Turning off hosting with each system where the QuickBooks software is installed
Step 1: For single user access:
- You need to note that turning off hosting mode disables multi-user access.
- First of all, visit the file and utilities tab and also select stop hosting multi-user access.
- After that, select yes when hosting multi-user access.
- Next step is to select Yes when the company file must be closed.
Step 2: For multi-user access:
- If you are having multi-user access, then the error indicates that one or more client systems are incorrectly set up to host multi-user access.
- If each client system is displaying the error:
- You to select the file in the no company open window and then select utilities.
- After that confirm that the menu option host multi-user access is displayed. In case one or more client systems display the menu option, then stop hosting multi-user access that indicates they are already hosting multi-user access.
- You are then required to select stop hosting multi-user access option on any client system displaying the stop hosting multi-user access, and then carry out the prompts to turn off hosting.
- Also, you need to make an attempt to open the problem file again. After that the log in window will be displayed.
- If each client system is displaying the error:
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Solution 3: For multi-user access, switch to hosting local and remote files mode
It should be noted that, perform this process only if the above steps failed to resolve the issue.
- To begin with, press F2 key with open QuickBooks, in order to open the product information window.
- Next step is to verify that under the local server information, hosting is set to local files only.
- Now, choose the file menu and then select the switch to multi-user mode.
- After that, open a company file on a network system. For further information, you can check QuickBooks in-product help or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks desktop resource page.
- Moving ahead, after the company file is open, you need to press F2 key to open the product information window.
- And then, verify that under local server information window, hosting is set to local files only. In order to provide other users with continuous access to the company file, the system that is hosting multi-user access must be left on. Also, the user who set up QuickBooks must remain logged in.
Solution 4: Running Quick fix my program tool on the client system
Another method that one can opt for is to run the quick fix my program tool on the client system. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To use the tool hub, you will need to close QuickBooks desktop. We recommend QuickBooks Tool Hub for Windows 10, 64-bit to get the best experience.
- In this method, download and install the QuickBooks tools hub (18.104.22.168)on the client system.
- After that open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Now follow the instructions on the screen to install the terms and conditions.
- Hit double-click the icon from your Windows desktop after the installation is complete to open the tool hub.
- Now in QuickBooks tools hub, you are supposed to select the program problems.
- After that choose quick fix my program tab.
- Last step is to open QuickBooks and try to your company file.
Also read: Methods to fix the QuickBooks error 15222
Solution 5: Following standard data troubleshooting
This error could lead to data damage to the company file. In order to resolve this, you can opt for the standard troubleshooting steps used for resolving data damage issues. Verify and rebuild data is an integrated tool in QuickBooks Desktop that automatically corrects minor company file data errors.
- Navigate to the File menu and then choose Utilities opt and then select Rebuild Data.
- After that, select OK from the QuickBooks Information window. Follow the on-screen instructions to save a backup data.
- The tool will take few seconds and repair your file. You might see that your QuickBooks is stuck or, mouse can’t move. But don’t worry, it will work in few seconds.
- Once the process finishes, hit a click on OK tab.
- Navigate to the File Menu. Next go to the Utility and choose Verify data.
- The tool will inspect your file and identify data problems.
- You need to select OK, if QuickBooks does not find any issues. Now your company file can be used as usual. There is no data damage.
- However, if QuickBooks detects an issue in your company file then click on Rebuild Now option to fix the data damage.
Expert Assistance is just a call away!
Though the above stated methods would be enough to rectify the QuickBooks error code 6000, 82 or 6000, 106, but if you still face the issue or in case any of your queries remained unanswered, then you can consult our QuickBooks error support team.
Make a call at our toll-free i.e., 1-800-761-1787 and discuss the issue with our certified professionals, you will definitely get the most relevant solutions to all your queries. Do not hesitate in making a call anytime and discuss your issues with our dedicated support team.
Other helpful topics: