Get to know you can resolve QuickBooks Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp:
The QuickBooks software has proved to be a growth-propeller for businesses of assorted types. It has unraveled a new milieu of growth by accentuating business efficiency and productivity. The software is equipped with evolved features that have immensely assisted in regulating operations in accounting sectors. However, what cannot be overlooked is the wide range of error codes that keep obstructing QuickBooks users every now and then. The current blog shall articulate all the aspects of the QuickBooks Error Code 1328. These aspects shall encompass the various causes, signs, and symptoms, and finally, something that you are here for – updated techniques for rectifying the QuickBooks error 1328.
In pursuit of troubleshooting this error, if you face any difficulty in implementing the various steps in this article, you can connect with our technical support team. With years of experience under our belt, our experienced U.S based professionals are well versed in the technicalities involved while troubleshooting QuickBooks related problems. Our team shall make sure that the error gets resolved, either through the helpline or the live chat. So, without wasting much time, let us master the various techniques of troubleshooting the QuickBooks error code 1328.
You might read also: How to Turn On Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks Enterprise?
What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
Error 1328 is just another error in QuickBooks that occurs when users embark on the process of updating or installing the accounting software. Several users have even faced this issue while repairing the QuickBooks software. The error is multifaceted; however, more often, it shows up in the following format:
|Problem||Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.|
|Error||QuickBooks Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT19C6.tmp. System error- 1072807676|
Having gone through the overview, let us now take a step further and briefly go through the several causes that may be responsible for this error.
Contributory causes responsible for QuickBooks error 1328
The various causes that have a tendency to instigate the QuickBooks error code 1328 are briefly illustrated as follows:
- Invalid registry entries created throughout the uninstalling process.
- An abrupt power outage that results in an unwanted system shutdown.
- Malicious virus attacks may contribute to the QuickBooks Error code 1328.
- The error code can also be triggered by an incorrect system configuration.
- A damaged QuickBooks software file can make the installation process prone to error.
- Another cause on the lengthy list is improper installation.
- Any network outage can prevent the download or installation process from getting accomplished, in turn resulting in the QuickBooks error 1328.
The long list of various causes may incline you towards botheration. However, there is no need to worry as this article offers a comprehensive list of techniques to rectify this error.
Various Signs and Symptoms observed on the onset of QuickBooks Error 1328
Below are given certain cues to recognize the presence of error 1328 in QuickBooks Desktop. The list goes like this:
- The QuickBooks software update process might not be accessible.
- You can encounter obstacles while restoring the QuickBooks software.
- The problem shows up in the form of an error message on the screen.
- Windows may exhibit slow reaction times or frequent crashes.
- The QuickBooks program occasionally crashes or responds way too slowly.
- The process of installing or removing the QuickBooks program would be fraught with recurring interruptions and failures.
Easy Techniques for Rectifying the QuickBooks Error 1328
Here we arrive! This section includes a comprehensive list of easy-to-follow techniques that will assist you in the removal of the QuickBooks error code 1328. By the end of this section, the issue will be rooted out from your computer, and you won’t face any further hindrance while updating your favorite accounting software.
Technique 1: Alter the filename of the ‘Config.msi’ File
The first technique that can help in fixing the QuickBooks update error 1328 is to rename the file named ‘config.msi’ on your PC. The temporary files contained in Config.msi can obstruct QuickBooks operations and may be a potential cause of this error. Altering the name of this file implies making the file inaccessible for QuickBooks. This, in turn, may solve our issue. So, let’s start with the steps:
- Initially, open the File Explorer by hitting the Win + E keyboard keys. Now, jump to the C: Drive. Just search for the file named ‘Config.msi’ herein.
- Once the system identifies the file, hit a right-click on the file.
- Herein, you are required to choose the Rename option.
- Move the cursor to the file name’s ending and introduce ‘.old’ there.
- To save the changes in the file name, hit anywhere on the screen.
- Now, try updating the QuickBooks software again and see if the technique worked in resolving the error 1328. If not, follow up with the next technique.
Technique 2: Take the assistance of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Step 1: Download QuickBooks tools hub program
If you are facing up with several installations or update-related issues in QuickBooks, then the QB install diagnostic tool is a boon for you. You can use it and see if the error 1328 got fixed. To begin with, you must first download and set up the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer before using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop first (if already running).
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Make sure to download the same from the official Intuit website and avoid using other third-party websites for downloading.
- Visit Downloads and run the .exe file that you just downloaded.
- Follow up with the on-screen steps to begin installing the tool hub.
- Provide your consent to the terms by marking the box next to “I agree to the terms and conditions.” Afterward, proceed ahead.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop after the installation is finished.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Time to launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the QuickBooks error 1328:
- Double-clicking the Desktop icon of the QuickBooks Tool Hub will launch the tool.
- Now, move on to the Installation Issues tab.
- Therein, opt for the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the program run to correct any installation issues. The process can take considerable time to complete.
- After the tool has finished with the repair process, restart your PC.
Read it Also: Create a journal entry in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Technique 3: Update the Windows
Updating your Windows OS is vital, not only for the system itself but also for a plethora of evolving software’s that are prone to errors due to their technical complexities- the QuickBooks software is no exception. Updating the system can fix a vast array of issues in QuickBooks, including the QuickBooks update error 1328. A cakewalk of a process, let us implement the steps below:
- To begin with, advance to the Start button and then proceed to choose the Settings.
- Afterward, being in settings, pick the Update & Security option.
- From the Update and security menu, choose Windows Update.
- After that, opt for Check for the updates.
- Once the system identifies any available update, immediately embark on the downloading process and get all the essential updates downloaded.
- Restart your PC and let the updates install. Once completed, launch QuickBooks and check if the error 1328 troubles you again while updating the software. If it does, just move on to the next technique.
Technique 4: Go for Repairing the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Open Windows and log in as an Administrator.
- Now, head to the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Right-click the Programs and Features option in the Control Panel.
- Next, find QuickBooks in the list, choose it, and then opt for the Uninstall tab.
- When the QuickBooks uninstaller window displays, hit on Repair.
- The QuickBooks repair process will commence on your screen. After it is finished, install the QuickBooks update and check if this time around, the error 1328 re-surfaces. If it does, you should try your hands on the system file checker.
Technique 5: Use the System File Checker
- Initially, hit a click on the Start button.
- In the Search box, you need to type in ‘Cmd.’ [Note: cmd is the short abbreviation for Command prompt]
- You now need to run the CMD as an admin. For this, right-click on its icon and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- When you are in the command prompt window, type in the following command: ‘SFC/scannow.’
- Follow it up by tapping the Enter key.
- This process shall invoke the System file checker to check for any issues with the system files. The checker will automatically fix the issues.
- When the process reaches its conclusion, close all the active Windows and launch the QuickBooks software. Visit the Help menu and initiate the update process. Hopefully, the error will not show up. If it does, then you should conform to the last technique of going for a clean QuickBooks installation.
Technique 6: Opt for reinstalling QuickBooks (clean installation)
If none of the above-illustrated techniques work in your favor, you should consider clean installing the QuickBooks software.
Step 1: Initiate the QuickBooks Uninstallation
- You need to first Uninstall the QuickBooks software. For this, first, visit the Control Panel.
- Follow up by heading to the Programs and Features.
- Opt for QuickBooks Desktop and hit on the Uninstall button.
- Wait for the process to finish. Now, restart your PC.
Step 2: Clean install the QuickBooks Desktop
Now, you should restart the installation process that you followed at the time of installing the software afresh after purchasing it. You can either use the CD for installation, or else install the software using the downloaded .exe file. In either case, you will require the Product and license keys. So, make sure that they are available with you at the time of installation.
Still unable to root it out? No worries, as we are here to help!
We have laid down all the easy techniques for rectifying the QuickBooks error 1328 in your system. We wrap up this blog with the hope that the contents proved helpful to you and assisted you in rectifying this problem.
There may still be a chance that the issue keeps transpiring even after performing all the techniques; then, in that case, we recommend you to contact our QuickBooks error support team for assistance. Our team can be reached out through the helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787 or through the live chat option.