While working with QuickBooks, did you try to connect an app to the accounting software using the web connector but suddenly encountered an error on the screen stating the following error message:
“QBWC1039: If the QuickBooks company data file is not open…”
“QBWC1039: This application does not have permission to access the QuickBooks company data file…”
“QBWC1039: Unique OwnerID/FileID pair value required”
“QBWC1039: Unable to add FileID to company file for this Application”
“QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QBWCLog.txt for details”
The above-depicted errors are the most frequent ones reported by users lately. The QuickBooks error code QBWC1039 is usually seen when QuickBooks users try to add the same configuration file added twice within the application. There can be multi-faceted reasons that can trigger this error.
If users are affected by this problem, then our Support Team is here to rescue them. For a clear understanding of this error, it is advised that users read this article till the end to shun off QuickBooks error code QBWC1039. But if the user feels a need for technical support at any point in time, then they should not hesitate in calling us at the helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We are here to help and guide users through this troublesome error.
Related Article: Steps to Fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
What is QuickBooks error QBWC1039?
Before users get their hands on the steps for fixation of QuickBooks error QBWC1039, it is recommended to first get a brief of what this error is all about. There can be several instances of this error that users can encounter while using QuickBooks desktop. Users might see a couple of error messages when this error appears on the screen. Let us check out the error messages one by one:
Error Message 1:
QBWC1039: There was a problem with adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details
“If the QuickBooks company data file is not open, a call to the Begin Session” method must include the name of the data file.
Error Message 2:
This application doesn’t have permission to access this QuickBooks company data file. The QuickBooks administrator can’t grant access permission through integrated application preferences.
Error Message 3:
Unable to add FileID to company file for this Application
There can be a couple of factors causing this issue, which we will be discussing in the later part of this post. So, users are encouraged to make sure that they scroll through the post carefully.
Why do users face QuickBooks error QBWC1039?
As we said above that there can be a couple of factors that can lead to such an annoying error. Let us explore the various possible factors one by one:
- When a QuickBooks company file is moved or relocated from the original location, the error code appears on the screen.
- When the user has already made several attempts to integrate the application, then also this annoying error may show up.
- The user could end up in a similar issue if the name of the company file is changed.
- Compatibility issues between the company file with the application.
- There can be a situation when the QuickBooks admin restricts the integration of the third-party application.
- Faulty removal of the third-party application or warehouse manager can also promote the QuickBooks error QBWC1039.
Approaches to repair QuickBooks error code QBWC1039
There are a couple of solutions that could help users in resolving the QuickBooks error code QBWC1039. We will be exploring each of the methods one by one, so let us begin:
Approach 1: Creating a backup of the company file
The user is required to create the backup of the company file in order to resolve the issue. The steps involved in this are as follows:
- First of all, open the QuickBooks software and the file. Followed by switching to the single-user mode.
- After that, the user is required to click on the file menu and then backup company option.
- Next step is to select to create local backup option and then choose the local backup.
- Followed by clicking on the options tab for opening the backup window and then select browse.
- Now, the user needs to select the local hard drive location of the company backup file copy.
- Also, hit a click on ok and save it option after the backup is complete.
Approach 2: Restoring the backup file to the previous location
In case the user has saved the file in USB or another external file, then he/she needs to move it to the local hard drive and then follow the steps to restore a file from the previous location. The steps to be followed are:
- The first step is to click on the file menu after launching QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that click on open or restore the company and select to restore a backup copy.
- The next step is to click on the next option and then select the local backup tab.
- After that hit a click on next and browser backup company file.
- Now select a folder to save the restored file.
- Also, the user needs to save the file by a unique name and try not to overwrite the new company name.
- Lastly, the user is required to open and save the restored company file.
You might also read: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error OLSU 1024?
Approach 3: Renaming and saving QuickBooks company file
Users are suggested to rename and save the QuickBooks desktop company file, in case the above method didn’t work. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- At first, open QuickBooks and then press the function F2 key or Ctrl + 1 keys for opening information related to the company file.
- And then remember and note down the location from the file information field.
- Also, hit a click on the start tab of Windows.
- The next step is to click on file explorer only for Windows 8, 8.1, 10, or for Windows 7 and vista users open Windows explorer.
- Now, the user needs to right-click on the file and select the rename option.
- The file name should be changed, followed by hitting the enter key.
- To confirm all actions, users need to hit on the Yes tab.
- After that, set up the QuickBooks desktop to use a new file name, and then click on file menu.
- The final step is to open the company file and then click on next and also open the renamed file.
Approach 4: Needed unique ownerID/FileID pair value
In this method, Quickbooks users who are still facing this error can carry out the steps below:
- To begin with, the user needs to open the QuickBooks desktop and then download the CP3 tool.
- After that, open the CP3 tool and then click on the file option.
- The next step is to look for the QWC file and then enter the QBC file location.
- Also, open the file and click on remove stamp.
- This will open up a pop message QuickBooks application certificate, click on Yes.
- Now choose to continue and select ok in the access confirmation window.
- Also, follow the instructions and hit the Ok tab.
- Once the confirmation message appears, then the user needs to click on the OK tab.
- Lastly, the user is supposed to close the CP3 tool and add a third-party app.
Approach 5: Troubleshoot permission issues in accessing QuickBooks company file
If users facing the error qbwc1039 in QuickBooks are using admin credentials, then they should carry out the below steps:
- Initially, the user needs to sign in the QuickBooks as an admin.
- And then, visit the file menu and switch to single-user mode, if QuickBooks is on multi-user mode.
- Also, from the edit menu and then select preferences.
- The next step is to choose the integrated application and then choose the company preferences tab.
- After that, uncheck the box for don’t allow any application to access this company file.
- Also, in the SDK app authorization, the user needs to select Yes.
- Along with that check the third-party application to allow access.
- And then, end the process by clicking OK button.
Approach 6: Configuring web connector to run when QuickBooks is closed
In case the user hasn’t already configured the web connector, then he/she needs to configure the web connector to run when QuickBooks is closed. The steps involved in this process are:
- For this, the user need to sign in to QuickBooks as the admin user.
- And if the QuickBooks is on multi-user mode, then navigate to the file menu and then select the switch to single-user mode.
- Also, from the edit menu, select preferences.
- Followed by selecting the integrated application and then picking the company preferences tab.
- The next step is to choose the third-party app and choose properties.
- Now the user needs to allow this application to log in automatically.
- And in the authorization window choose yes.
- Also select the user to log in, and then hit the OK button.
See this also: How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code C=272?
Approach 7: Download and install QuickBooks to the latest release
- This method simply requires the user to download, install and update the QuickBooks desktop to the latest release.
- Furthermore, save it to the default downloads folder.
- Along with that, head to the downloaded file.
- Now right-click the file and choose run as admin and perform the steps related to the installation wizard.
- Hit a click on the finish tab and reboot the system.
- Start using the QuickBooks latest release software.
In the post above, we have attempted to summarize all possible methods that might help users in solving the QuickBooks error code QBWC1039. If users are facing difficulty at any stage or if in case of any doubts, they are encouraged to call our QuickBooks error support experts anytime. Make a call at our dedicated support line at 1-800-761-1787, and our certified QuickBooks experts will be happy to assist. Getting in touch with certified professionals cuts off the difficulty encountered while troubleshooting any technical snag.
More articles to read: