A Comprehensive guide to update your QuickBooks desktop for Mac
QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software available for both windows and Mac. After every couple of months or after a certain time period, updates roll in for this software, which ensures optimum user experience. If you are a QuickBooks for Mac user, then today’s post can be of great help for you, as today we will be discussing about the ways to download and install updates for QuickBooks Mac. The newer update is often released with some great features, so it is very much important to make sure that your software is up to date. Read the article ahead, to find out the process to update QuickBooks desktop for Mac.
However, if you are seeking for technical assistance by contacting our QuickBooks desktop support team will update your QuickBooks for Mac without any issue.
You might also like: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error Code 6150?
What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020?
Well, similar to other updates, the QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2020 also includes some new and fresh features just like reporting module, a new and customizable dashboard, dark mode, electronic invoicing, payment acceptance, bounced check feature, text searchable image uploading, and many more. The saddest part of this new update is that it doesn’t resolve the problems users were facing in earlier versions. The new update definitely improves the program functionality and fix the troubling issues.
In case the user spots “the access to the services in QuickBooks for Mac will expire on date“, the the access to the services through QuickBooks for Mac will be discontinued. The user can check out the information related to the QuickBooks desktop service discontinuation policy. This will mean that the user will no longer receive any critical security update. In case he/she receives any security update before the mentioned date, then it is recommended to install them using the steps below.
In case the user doesn’t use any of the add-on services, then the product will continue to work for the user. But if the user wishes to continue using them, then he/she can upgrade the software to the latest version.
Steps to check if you have the latest release
The user can check whether he/she is having the latest release or not. The steps to be followed for this are:
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks desktop
- And then, press F2 key or Ctrl + 1 keys to open the product information window
- Followed by checking the current version and release
- The next step is to see if you have the latest release for you version:
- QuickBooks 2021
- QuickBooks 2020
- QuickBooks 2019
- QuickBooks 2018
- QuickBooks 2017
Steps to update and install the QuickBooks desktop for Mac
So, now that you know why you need to update the software, it is time to learn the process. Well, updating the QuickBooks desktop for Mac software doesn’t involve any rocket science, a few basic steps can work for it. We have jotted down all the steps that one must follow to update QB desktop for Mac without any issue. So, let us have a look:
Talking about the processes, the very first method to update the QuickBooks software is the In-product update. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to select check for QuickBooks updates from the QuickBooks drop down menu
- And then, select install update, if the newer version is available
- The next step is to select install and relaunch options, when asked to
- When all the above steps are carried out properly and the software update is complete, the QuickBooks for Mac will open up automatically.
Other than the in-product update method, the user also gets a manual method option. The steps involved in the manual method option are as follows:
Uninstall QuickBooks for Mac
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks desktop
- And then move to the finder menu and then opt for go applications
- The next step in the process is to delete or drag the QuickBooks icon to the trash
- After the software is uninstalled successfully, reinstall the latest version
Reinstalling the latest version
- In order to reinstall the software, the user needs to first visit the QuickBooks product updates page
- And then opt for change to select the QuickBooks desktop version
- The next step is to select download and then start the process to download the installer file to the system
- Moving ahead, the user needs to double click the downloaded .dmg file
- Now, move the QuickBooks desktop icon to the applications folder to install
After that, the user can simply restore the company file in QuickBooks desktop for Mac. However, the most important point here is that for verifying the update and checking the release number, the user will have to open QuickBooks and press CMD+ 1 keys.
Read this also: Steps to Set Up a Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks
Updating QuickBooks server for Mac
The user will also have to update QuickBooks server for Mac, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- This can be done by finding the QuickBooks server next to the Apple logo
- The next step is to select the check for QuickBooks server updates option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to tap in install update
- And to end the process select install and relaunch and you are good to go
These were a couple of steps that the QuickBooks for Mac user needs to opt for in order to update it to the latest version. We hope that sharing the steps above might be of some help for you in updating QuickBooks desktop for Mac. However, contacting our QuickBooks desktop support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787 is still the safest option you can go for.
Give us a call and our technical support experts and certified Intuit professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services. We work round the clock to resolve each of our client’s queries. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as our accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
More helpful articles: