A Comprehensive guide to update your QuickBooks desktop for Mac
QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software available for both Windows and Mac. After every couple of months or after a certain time period, updates roll in for this software, which ensures optimum user experience. If you are a QuickBooks for Mac user, then today’s post can be of great help for you, as today we will be discussing about the ways to download and install updates for QuickBooks Mac. The newer update is often released with some great features, so it is very much important to make sure that your software is up to date. Read the article ahead, to find out the process to update QuickBooks desktop for Mac.
However, if you have any query related to this software or you are seeking for any type of technical assistance the feel free to contact our U.S based support team who will help you to update your QuickBooks for Mac without any issue.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021?
Well, similar to other updates, the QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021 also includes some new and fresh features just like reporting module, a new and customizable dashboard, dark mode, electronic invoicing, payment acceptance, bounced check feature, text searchable image uploading, and many more. The saddest part of this new update is that it doesn’t resolve the issues of those users who were facing problems in earlier versions. The new update definitely improves the program functionality and fix the troubling issues.
In case you spot “the access to the services in QuickBooks for Mac will expire on date“, the the access to the services through QuickBooks for Mac will be discontinued. You can check out the information related to the QuickBooks desktop service discontinuation policy. This will mean that you will no longer receive any critical security update. In case you receives any security update before the mentioned date, then it is recommended to install them using the steps given below.
In case you don’t use any of the add-on services, then the product will continue to work for you. But if you wish to continue using them, then you need to upgrade the software to the latest version.
Steps to check if you have the latest release
You can check whether you are having the latest release or not. The steps to be followed for this are:
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks desktop.
- And then press F2 key or Ctrl + 1 keys to open the product information window.
- Followed by checking the current version and release.
- Next step is to see if you have the latest release for you version:
- QuickBooks 2021
- QuickBooks 2020
- QuickBooks 2019
- QuickBooks 2016
Similar article: Steps to Troubleshoot Multi-User issues in QuickBooks for Mac
Steps to update and install the QuickBooks desktop for Mac
So, now that you know why you need to update the software, it is time to learn the process. Well, updating the QuickBooks desktop for Mac software doesn’t involve any rocket science, a few basic steps can work for it. We have jotted down all the steps that one must follow to update QuickBooks desktop for Mac without any issue. So, let us have a look:
Talking about the processes, the very first method to update the QuickBooks software is the In-product update. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Initially you need to select check for QuickBooks updates from the QuickBooks drop down menu.
- And then select install update, if the newer version is available.
- Next step is to select install and relaunch options, when asked to.
- When all the above steps are carried out properly and the software update is complete, the QuickBooks for Mac will open up automatically.
Other than the in-product update method, you also get a manual method option. The steps involved in the manual method option are as follows:
Uninstall QuickBooks for Mac
- First step is to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- And then move to the finder menu and then opt for go applications.
- Next process is to delete or drag the QuickBooks icon to the trash.
- After the software is uninstalled successfully, reinstall the latest version.
Reinstalling the latest version
- In order to reinstall the software, you need to first visit the QuickBooks product updates page.
- And then opt for change to select the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Next step is to select download and then start the process to download the installer file to the system.
- Moving ahead, you need to double click the downloaded .dmg file.
- Now move the QuickBooks desktop icon to the applications folder to install.
After that, you can simply restore the company file in QuickBooks desktop for Mac. However, the most important point here is that for verifying the update and checking the release number, you will have to open QuickBooks and press CMD+ 1 keys.
Steps to restore a file
- At first, you need to open QuickBooks desktop.
- And then you should choose the file menu and then open or restore company.
- The next step is to restore the file based on its type.
- Windows company file:
- You need to select open a company file and also choose next.
- After that open the appropriate folder and then select the company file.
- Once done with that, choose open and then enter the password.
- Windows backup file
- Windows portable file
- Mac company file
- Point of sale file-check the help menu for the updated steps .
- Windows company file:
Updating QuickBooks server for Mac
You will also have to update QuickBooks server for Mac, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- This can be done by finding the QuickBooks server next to the Apple logo.
- Next step is to select the check for QuickBooks server updates option.
- Next, you need to tap in install update.
- To end the process select install and relaunch and you are good to go.
Read this also: Steps to Set Up a Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks
These were a couple of steps that the QuickBooks for Mac users needs to follow in order to update it to the latest version. We hope that sharing the steps above might be of some help for you in updating QuickBooks desktop for Mac. However, contacting our QuickBooks desktop support team by dialing 1-800-761-1787 is still the safest option you can go for.
Give us a call and our technical support experts and certified Intuit professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services. We work round the clock to resolve each of queries of the users.
More helpful articles: