A Comprehensive guide to update your QuickBooks desktop for Mac
We all know that QuickBooks is an impeccable accounting software that is available for both Windows and Mac versions. Updates for this software are released every few months or after a set time, ensuring the best possible user experience. If you are a QuickBooks for Mac user, this article can be of great help to you, as here we will be elaborating on how to download and install updates for QuickBooks Mac. The newer update is often released with some great features, so it is pertinent that you make sure that your software is up to date. Read the article ahead to find out how to update the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
However, if you have any related queries, you can seek technical assistance from our U.S based support team by calling us at 1-800-761-1787, who will assist you in updating your QuickBooks for Mac hassle-free.
You might also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
Well, similar to other updates, the QuickBooks desktop for Mac Plus 2022 also includes some new and fresh features just like reporting module, a new and customizable dashboard, dark mode, electronic invoicing, payment acceptance, bounced check feature, text searchable image uploading, Unlimited customer support, Automatically send statements, Apple silicon processor compatibility, Create customer groups, Choose from multiple email contacts, Improved transaction management, Gmail option for default email, Collapse report columns & rows and many more. The new update significantly enhances the program’s operation and resolves innumerable problems. One limitation of this new update is that it does not address the issues that users had with previous versions.
In case you spot “the access to the services in QuickBooks for Mac will expire on date“, the the access to the services through QuickBooks for Mac will be discontinued. You can check out the information related to the QuickBooks desktop service discontinuation policy. This will mean that you will no longer receive any critical security update. In case you receives any security update before the mentioned date, then it is recommended to install them using the steps given below.
In case you don’t use any of the add-on services, then the product will continue to work for you. But if you wish to continue using them, then you need to upgrade the software to the latest version.
Steps to check if you have the latest release
You can check whether you are having the latest release or not. The steps to be followed for this are:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Press the F2 key or Ctrl + 1 keys to access the product information window.
- Check the Current version and release.
- Next step is to see if you have the latest release for you version:
- QuickBooks 2022
- QuickBooks 2021
- QuickBooks 2020
- QuickBooks 2019
- QuickBooks 2016
Similar article: Steps to Troubleshoot Multi-User issues in QuickBooks for Mac
Steps to update and install the QuickBooks desktop for Mac
So, now that you know how to update the software let us now apprise you with simple steps. Well, updating the QuickBooks desktop for Mac software doesn’t involve rocket science; adherence to a few basic steps can easily make it possible. We have enumerated all steps one must follow to update the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac without any issues. So, proceed ahead without wasting any time.
The very first method to update the QuickBooks software is through the In-product update. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Choose Check for QuickBooks updates from the QuickBooks drop down menu.
- Opt for Install update, if the newer version is available.
- Subsequent step is to hit on Install and relaunch options, when asked to.
- When all the foregoing steps are carried out properly and the software update is complete, the QuickBooks for Mac will open up automatically.
Apart from the in-product update method, you can also opt for the manual method option. The steps involved in the manual method option are earmarked as follows:
Uninstall QuickBooks for Mac
- Make an exit from the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Head to the Finder menu and then choose for Go applications.
- Afterward, Delete or drag the QuickBooks icon to the trash.
- After the software is uninstalled successfully, reinstall the latest version.
Reinstalling the latest version
- In order to reinstall the software, you need to first visit the QuickBooks product updates page.
- Opt for change to select the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Choose Download and then start the Process to download the installer file to the system.
- Proceeding ahead, you need to double-click the Downloaded .dmg file.
- Now, move the QuickBooks desktop icon to the applications folder to install.
After that, you can simply restore the company file in QuickBooks desktop for Mac. However, the most important point here is that for verifying the update and checking the release number, you will have to open QuickBooks and press CMD+ 1 keys.
Steps to restore a file
- Initial step requires you to open QuickBooks desktop.
- Subsequently, choose the File menu, followed by choosing the Open or restore company option.
- The next step is to restore the file based on its type.
- Windows company file:
- Hit on Open a company file and then choose Next tab.
- After that access the Appropriate folder and then choose the Company file.
- Once done with that, hit on Open and then Enter the password.
- Windows backup file
- Windows portable file
- Mac company file
- Point of sale file-check the Help menu for the updated steps .
- Windows company file:
Steps for Updating QuickBooks server for Mac
You will also have to update QuickBooks server for Mac, which can be done by adhering to the below-mentioned steps below:
- This can be done by Finding the QuickBooks server next to the Apple logo.
- Subsequently, choose the Check for QuickBooks server updates option.
- Next, you need to tap on Install update.
- To end the process choose Install and relaunch and you are good to go.
This article contained effective and viable steps to update the QuickBooks desktop for Mac. We hope that these steps served your purpose and helped you in updating QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. However, contacting our QuickBooks desktop support team by using our dedicated helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787 is still the safest option you can go for.
Give us a call and our technical support experts and certified Intuit professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services. We work round the clock to resolve each of queries of the users.
More helpful articles: