Learn how to Fix the error “No new transactions” when importing web connect file:
Often while importing the web connect file from the bank’s website, you might end up with an error message stating, “There are no new transactions available.” This error message might trouble you and end up hindering the smooth working process. In case you are also facing this sort of error, then need not worry anymore, as we have come up with this article, where we will be talking in detail about the causes and fixes of this issue.
Thus, ensure that you read this article carefully till the end. In case you need any technical assistance at any point in time, feel free to get in touch with our support team anytime. Help is available 24/7.
Factors triggering QuickBooks Web Connect Import Error “No New Transactions” message
QuickBooks users might land into this problem due to the following reasons:
- In the case the web connect file doesn’t contain any new transactions.
- If the transactions have already been imported.
- If the web connects statement covers dates earlier imported into the company file.
- Also, if the QuickBooks company file gets damaged, it could end up in such an error.
Solutions to Error Message: “No new transactions” when importing web connect file
Well, now that you are aware of the factors causing the issue and other relevant information, below are some of the most pertinent solutions you need to carry out, to get rid of this issue.
Solution 1: Download a test company file
Making a test file and then downloading bank feed transactions basically helps in checking if the issue is with the company file, the bank account or with the web connect file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- At first select the New company option from the File menu.
- And then choose the Express start or Start setup.
- After completing the Business information in the QuickBooks setup window, and also select Create company option.
- Now choose the Start working option.
- The next step is to Add to the chart of accounts the bank account getting the issues on the newly Created test company. This can be done by:
- For this select the Chart of accounts from the lists menu.
- And then choose the Account drop down in the chart of accounts and then hit New.
- Next step is to opt for the Bank for the account type and then hit Continue.
- Followed by naming the account checking.
- You will then have to select Save and close.
- Also, set up the account for the Bank feeds.
- Finally, download the Bank feed transactions to test the account.
- If the new transactions download into the new file, the issue is with the bank account or the company file; then solution 2 will be of much help.
- If the new transactions are now showing in the new file, then the issue is with the web; connect to the file, and it is recommended to opt for solution 3.
Solution 2: Deactivating, creating new, merging and then reactivating
1: Deactivate bank feeds in QuickBooks desktop for windows
- You need to move to the Lists menu and also choose the Chart of accounts.
- Furthermore, Deactivate the account by right-clicking on it and selecting the Edit tab.
- You must then get to the Bank settings tab and choose to Deactivate all online services.
- Hit the OK tab to confirm and then click on Save and close.
2: Deactivate bank feeds from QuickBooks from Mac users
- You now have to move to the File menu and also click on Charts of accounts.
- Next, go for the Account and also click on the Pencil icon to hit the Edit tab.
- You will now require to click on Online settings.
- Choose the Not enabled option from the Download transactions to the drop-down list.
- Summarize the process by clicking on to Confirm and close the window.
3: Make a new bank account
- Under this step, you need to move to the List menu and choose the Chart of accounts.
- Heading forward, right-click anywhere in the Chart of accounts window and also click on New tab.
- Choose a bank for the Account type.
- Moreover, write the bank name in the account.
- Conclude the process by clicking on to Save and close.
4: Merge accounts
- Herein, Rename the old account by simply right-clicking on it.
- Furthermore, click on the Edit tab.
- Give the New account name in the Account name field.
- Along with that, click on the Yes tab.
Solution 3: Check the web connect download for errors
Another method to fix this issue can be to check the web connect download for errors. Proceed with the below-given steps:
- Initially, download and save the .QBO file to the desktop.
- And then edit the .QBO file, and also right-click the Open with and Notepad option.
- Now check the download for possible errors.
You need to remove the invalid characters. And also, check if the file has ampersands and other invalid character strings.
- Followed by Adding or Editing missing data.
- Also ensure that all the tags are having the data.
If the payee NAME field exceeds the prescribed limit for the characters, then the other payee information might appear in the MEMO field. Moreover, it should be noted that the QuickBooks software cannot auto-match the payee information that appears in the MEMO field. Check the transactions manually and tally them. In case the QBO download file can’t be spotted, then the transactions might not be imported. For this, hit a click on the following steps:
- Click on QuickBooks version to look for the Unique BID information for the bank.
- And then press Ctrl + F keys to look for the bank’s official name. Also, note the 5-digit number in the left-hand column for entry.
- You will then have to save the .QBO file.
- And also make a backup of the data file before beginning with the importing process:
- You will also have to test importing the corrected .QBO file into the test file created.
- Also report the formatting errors to the bank for resolution in future downloads.
Solution 4: Checking the dates
Ensure that the date range for the imported web connect file is accurate and does not overlap. To make it easy to understand, let us take an example: If you have downloaded and imported the transactions for August 1-30 without any hindrance, then ensure that the date range for the current download is September 1 and later.
Solution 5: Opting for the register mode
When none of the above methods work, it is recommended to move to the register mode. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- At first, move to the Preferences from the Edit menu.
- And after that, opt for checking and navigate to the Company preferences tab.
- Now, in the bank feeds selection, go for the Classic mode, which is the Register mode.
- And lastly, hit OK tab.
Miscellaneous steps to follow
If all of the above methods fail to fix the issue for you, then try fixing the issue with the steps below:
- You need to speak to the bank
- The bank is basically responsible for the .QBO download format and content. And in case the .qbo file is not formatted in a proper manner, then the import into QuickBooks might lead to unexpected results.
- Moreover the banks own a support channel
- When you contact the bank, make sure to ask them to transfer the case to the bank representative familiar with the QuickBooks online banking and account activation.
- Also, you might need to give the exact error message and a copy of the issue download file for review.
- In case the error continues, then get your hands on the online banking log files and then speak to a technical support team.
By now, the error “no new transactions” while importing the web connect file might have been resolved successfully. But if the error continues to trouble you, feel free to connect with our professionals using our dedicated support line, i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
We are a team of QuickBooks error support professionals who do not leave any stone unturned in providing the best possible support services to all users. Feel free to call us at any point in time; we will be happy to help you.
You might also read: