Learn how to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 193: 0xc1 while trying to start QuickBooksDB27 service
Whenever you work on QuickBooks software with full concentration, you can be distracted by technical issues. In this segment, we will discuss about the “QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer“. You might bump into this error, when you open or use QuickBooks desktop in multi-user. As a consequence of this error, you might unable to start the QuickBooksDB27 service manually or automatically. Furthermore, you can encounter this sort of error when starting QuickBooks database server manager. This error can be quite confusing and can cause you to lose your way, so here we are with this technical segment, where we will be discussing few simple steps that can be incorporated to resolve this issue.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error occurs:
|Warning||Error 193: 0xc1, Unable to start the service error.|
|Warning||Error 193: Services – Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.|
You can proceed with this segment, to unleash the correct steps you are supposed to follow, whereas, if you feel that the error is too complex for you to handle, then feel free to ring up to us at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will be happy to provide you with the best possible support services round the clock.
What causes error 193:0xc1 in QuickBooks desktop?
There can be various reasons behind to this error. Few are as:
- You may have same department codes or names in your software.
- You might be trying to open a deleted or merged customer names.
- Corrupted or damaged .qbt files in your database.
- Your QuickBooks has corrupt customer list at the remote store.
- There are few damaged company files.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 193
There can be certain solutions that can help you to resolve QuickBooks Error code 193. It should be noted that the following steps are for Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. So, if you are a bit sceptical in performing these steps, then Intuit recommends to consult to the system’s manufacturer or IT professional. Let us begin with the process to fix the error:
Method 1: Perform a Clean installation of QuickBooks desktop
The very first method that one can opt for is to perform clean installation of QuickBooks desktop. This method is expected to fix the error up to certain extent. The steps to be followed are as under:
- Press Windows Start or Click on Start button on your computer.
- Go to the for Control Panel and open it.
- Opt for Programs and Features option or Uninstall a Program.
- Choose the QuickBooks Desktop, from the list of installed programs.
- Pick Uninstall/Change option and click on Remove.
- At last hit a click on Next and, reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 2: Deleting .qbt files in both headquarters and remote store
You need to delete the .qbt files in both headquarters and remote store. The steps involved in this process are discussed under:
Step 1: The first step is to delete the .qbt files at headquarters
- You can do this by following the path on the Windows OS: C:\Program Data\ Intuit\QuickBooks Point of sale x.x/STex.
- Check all the folders and if you are able to find any of the .qbt files then delete them as well.
Step 2: The second step is to delete the files at remote store
- This can be done by typing in .qbt in the search box.
- Followed by deleting the .qbt files which you find in result.
- Close the Windows and empty the recycle bin.
Step 3: Creating new remote file
- For this, select files and company operations and also click on create new company.
- Type in company name and also select remote store and also fill the store number.
- Lastly, resend the mailbag from headquarters to Remote store.
Method 3: Manually do Windows 10/Server 2016 version 1803 update
Here, the KB4338548 is having the link to the Microsoft Update Catalog. You can choose the required and appropriate Microsoft update from there. Or you can also contact an IT professional for further assistance on the same.
If you are using version Windows 10 and 2013:
- You are supposed to choose the customer from the list and click on the shift tab.
- For using the version 9
- You need to press Ctrl + A keys to go for all the customers and move to the file menu of the headquarter server.
- Moreover, for validating the mailbag in the store, choose the utilities tab and then resend the same.
Read Also: Resolve Overflow in QuickBooks Desktop
We end this post over here, with the hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer. If in case you need any expert assistance, feel free to give us a call using our technical support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our certified QuickBooks desktop support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
Interesting Reads for You!