Learn how to Fix QuickBooks Error 193: 0xc1 while trying to start QuickBooksDB27 service
In pursuit of performing your accounting operations on QuickBooks software, you can be distracted by a myriad of technical issues. In this article, we shall discuss the error that shows up as “QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer“. You might come across this error, when you open or use QuickBooks desktop in multi-user. As a result of this error, you might be unable to start the QuickBooksDB27 service manually or automatically. You can also encounter this error when starting the QuickBooks database server manager. This error can be quite annoying and can cause a loss of your precious data, so here we are with this technical segment, where we will be discussing simple procedures to resolve this issue.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error occurs:
|Warning||Error 193: 0xc1, Unable to start the service error.|
|Warning||Error 193: Services – Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.|
You can proceed with this segment, to unleash the correct steps you are supposed to follow, whereas, if you feel that the error is too complex for you to handle, then feel free to ring up to us at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will be happy to provide you with the best possible support services round the clock.
Causes behind error 193:0xc1 in QuickBooks desktop
There can be various reasons leading to this technical error. important ones are mentioned as follows:
- Attempting to access deleted or merged customer names.
- Corrupted or damaged .qbt files in your database.
- You may be having same department codes or names in your software.
- Your QuickBooks has a corrupt customer list at the remote store.
- There are a few damaged company files.
Methods to Rectify the QuickBooks Multi-user Error Code 193
There are several effective solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error code 193. It should be noted that the following steps correspond to Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. So, if you are a bit skeptical about implementing these steps, then Intuit recommends to consult to the system’s manufacturer or IT professional. Let us initiate the process to fix the error:
Method 1: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
The initial method that you can opt for to rectify the QuickBooks multi-user mode error 193 is to perform clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop. This method is expected to fix the error up to a certain degree. The steps to be followed are as under:
- Hit on the Windows Start button on your PC.
- Then, opt Control Panel and open it.
- Opt for the Programs and Features option or Uninstall a Program.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop, from the list of installed programs.
- Pick Uninstall/Change option and hit on Remove.
- At last hit, on Next and, reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 2: Deleting .qbt files in headquarters and remote store
You need to delete the .qbt files in both headquarters and remote store. This is a viable method of fixing QuickBooks error 193. The steps involved are:
1st Step: The first step is to delete the .qbt files at headquarters
- You can do this by following the path on the Windows OS: C:\Program Data\ Intuit\QuickBooks Point of sale x.x/STex.
- Check all the folders and if you are able to find any of the .qbt files then delete them as well.
2nd Step: Delete the files at the remote store
- This can be accomplished by typing in .qbt in the Search box.
- Follow it up by deleting the .qbt files which you find in the result.
- Close the Windows and Empty the recycle bin.
3rd Step: Finally, make a new remote file
- For this, opt for the Files and Company operations and also hit on create new company.
- Type in the Company name and also choose the Remote store and also fill in the store number.
- Lastly, Resend the mailbag from headquarters to the Remote store.
Method 3: Manually do Windows 10/Server 2016 version 1803 update
Here, the KB4338548 is having the link to the Microsoft Update Catalog. You can choose the required and appropriate Microsoft update from there. Or you can also contact an IT professional for further assistance on the same.
If you are using versions Windows 10 and 2013:
- Now, choose the Customer from the list and tap on the Shift tab.
- For using version 9
- You need to hit on the Ctrl + A keys to go for all the Customers and move to the File menu of the headquarter server.
- Moreover, for validating the mailbag in the store, choose the Utilities tab and then Resend the same.
Method 4: Scanning the PC for any viruses
Users are recommended to go for a complete virus scan in their system by using some security software like antivirus. This process can also help to contain this QuickBooks error. In this context, users need to set up and launch their antivirus program to check the computer for any virus intrusions.
Method 4: Delete Customers in QuickBooks
Deleting customers can also help to get rid of this error code in QuickBooks. The guidelines below will lead you to the process:
- Select the Reports tab after launching QuickBooks.
- After that, choose Customer Lists.
- A list will show up on the screen. Pick the very first client.
- Hit on the Customer twice.
- You are required to examine the details and open the list of this customer.
- Select All Options, then select I Want to.
- Then select Delete the Customer.
- Next, select the File menu and opt for the Utilities & Resend option.
- The mailbag of the store must then be examined.
- The concluding step demand launching of the QuickBooks application and examining if error 193:0xc1 got resolved.
Read Also: Resolve Overflow in QuickBooks Desktop
We end this post over here, with the expectation that the information shared above might be of some aid in fixing the QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer. If in case you need any expert assistance, feel free to give us a call using our technical support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our certified QuickBooks desktop support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
Interesting Reads for You!