Learn how to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 193: 0xc1 while trying to start QuickBooksDB27 service
QuickBooks is one of the finest accounting software present in the market, and it has proved its worth every now and then. But, a contradiction to this is that this software is prone to certain errors. In today’s post, we are going to talk about the “QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer“. This error is often seen when the user open or use QuickBooks desktop in multi-user. When this error occurs users are unable to start the QuickBooksDB27 service manually or automatically. Also, the user can encounter this sort of error when starting QuickBooks database server manager. This error can be pretty much confusing for the QB user to handle, so here we are with this post, where we will be discussing few simple steps that can be incorporated to resolve this issue.
You may see the following error message on your computer screen when this error occurs:
Error 193: 0xc1, Unable to start the service error.
Error 193: Services – Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.
Moreover, if you feel that the error is too technical for you to handle, then feel free to ring up to us at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified professionals will be happy to provide you with the best possible support services round the clock.
What causes error 193:0xc1 in QuickBooks desktop?
There can be various reasons behind to this error. Few are as:
- You may have same department codes or names in your software.
- You might be trying to open a deleted or merged customers’ names
- Corrupted or damaged .qbt files in your database.
- Your QuickBooks has corrupt customer list at the remote store
- There are few damaged QB company files
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 193
There can be certain solutions that can help the user to fix QuickBooks Error code 193. It should be noted that the following steps are for Windows operating system, which is not an Intuit product. Thus, if you are a bit sceptical in performing these steps, then Intuit recommends to consult to the system’s manufacturer or IT professional. Let us begin with the process to fix the error:
Method 1: Perform a Clean installation of QuickBooks desktop
The very first method that one can opt for is to perform clean installation of QuickBooks desktop. This method is expected to fix the error up to certain extent. The steps to be followed are as under:
- First of all, Press Windows Start or Click on Start button on your computer.
- After that go to the for Control Panel and open it.
- Now choose Programs and Features option or Uninstall a Program.
- After that choose the QuickBooks Desktop, from the list of installed programs
- Choose Uninstall/Change option and click on Remove.
- Click on Next.
- Finally, reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop
Method 2: Manually do Windows 10/Server 2016 version 1803 update
Here, the KB4338548 is having the link to the Microsoft Update Catalog. The user can select the required and appropriate Microsoft update from there. Or you can also contact an IT professional for further assistance on the same.
Method 3: Deleting .qbt files in both headquaters and remote store
The last method is to delete the .qbt files in both headquarters and remote store. The steps involved in this process are discussed under:
Step 1: The first step is to delete the .qbt files at headquarters
- The user can do this by following the path on the windows OS: C:\Program Data\ Intuit\QuickBooks Point of sale x.x/STex
- And then, check all the folders and if you are able to find any of the .qbt files then delete them as well
Step 2: The second step is to delete the files at remote store
- This can be done by typing in .qbt in the search box
- Followed by deleting the .qbt files which you find in result
- And also, close the windows and empty the recycle bin
Step 3: Creating new remote file
- For this, the user needs to select files and company operations and also click on create new company
- And then type in company name and also select remote store and also fill the store number
- Lastly, the user needs to resend the mailbag from headquarters to Remote store
Read Also: Resolve Overflow in QuickBooks Desktop
We end this post over here, with the hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error 193:0xc1 Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on local computer.
If in case you need any expert assistance, feel free to give us a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified QuickBooks desktop support team will be there to assist you in a single call.
Interesting Reads for You!