Bothered by impedance caused due to the QuickBooks crashes while exporting reports to excel? No need to worry, as this article will cut the roots of this issue and bring your QuickBooks operations back on track while ensuring that the issue doesn’t annoy you in the future.
You might see the following error message on your screen desktop:
A vast majority of small- to medium-sized enterprises have proven to benefit greatly from the usage of QuickBooks accounting software. It provides a variety of useful cloud-based services for its clients, making it simple to transport financial records. With the evolution of this software, fewer employees are needed to manage all the responsibilities that contribute to controlling corporate expenses. But everything in this world faces tough circumstances, and QuickBooks also begins to have issues when these times arrive.
What causes the QuickBooks crashes while exporting reports to excel?
Several causes may contribute to this QuickBooks desktop crashes issue. Some of the chief ones include the following:
- The version of QuickBooks that you are now using is outdated.
- The QuickBooks isn’t supported and is unable to export data to Excel.
- The File registry isn’t functioning properly.
- A QuickBooks Desktop that has only been partially updated may be to blame for the mistake.
- The inability to export data from QuickBooks to Excel may be due to faulty Microsoft Excel software.
- The QuickBooks Desktop was improperly installed.
Easy Ways to Resolve the Crashing Issues While Exporting Reports to Excel
Let us now jump to the easy methods for uprooting the issue. Just implement each of the methods one after another and keep checking if the issue got fixed.
Method 1: Check the compatibility of your software with MS Excel
Upgrade your copy of QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version. Follow these procedures to upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop:
- First, sign in to your QuickBooks account with the proper credentials.
- You should prefer to invest in the most recent QuickBooks release. For this download it to your computer.
- To prevent unwelcome technical difficulties, follow the setup instructions and remove the previous software version.
- Lastly, install the upgraded version of QuickBooks by following the on-screen directions.
Method 2: Creation of a dummy employee and creating a new QB Online account
Creating a dummy employee and also making a new QuickBooks Online account can go a long way towards resolving the issue. Follow the easy steps below:
- Head for the Edit menu and then choose the Preferences tab
- Next, you’re supposed to tap on the option “Payroll & Employees.”
- After that, move to the Company Preferences
- Now, opt for the option “Full Payroll” and create a dummy employee.
- At last, create a new QuickBooks Online account.
Method 3: Create an employee sample
The creation of a sample employee may help in fixing the QuickBooks crash caused while exporting reports to Excel. To implement the process, follow the easy directions provided below:
- In the first step, you need to head for the Edit tab and then move to Preferences
- Then, head for the Payroll and Employees option.
- Choose the Company Preference tab
- Now, you have to opt for the Full Payroll option and create a sample of the Employee
- In the last step, you need to set up a new QuickBooks Online account.
Method 4: Relocate your company files to a different location
Changing the default location of the company files can assist in fixing the issue. All you need to do is to transfer your files to a different location and then access them from that location. Follow the lead:
- Before starting this process, you must make an exit from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then, copy the company files and paste them onto the Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop now, then opt for the File menu.
- Finally, you must choose Open or Restore Company from the menu after saving the company file data.
Method 5: Include Intuit website in the list of trustworthy websites
If the methods listed above do not work in your favor, then it is advisable to add the official website of Intuit to the list of trustworthy websites. To do so, implement the walkthrough provided below:
- To begin, launch QuickBooks and enter the login information.
- Next, move to the Internet Options from the Settings menu by tapping on it and then choose the Security option.
- Next, hit on the Trusted Sites option.
- Next, uncheck the box next to Enable Protected Mode.
- To continue, tap on Sites and enter ‘https://.intuit.com’ from the list of trustworthy sites.
- Finally, hit on Done to end the process and close the software.
The easy-to-follow methods mentioned in this article should have helped you in getting rid of the QuickBooks crashes while exporting reports to excel error. You can even consider updating/reinstalling your Microsoft Office if the issue doesn’t get sorted by implementing the methods listed above.
However, if even that doesn’t help, then contact our QuickBooks error support team via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our professionals will make sure that the issue gets rooted out of your system.