Was working on your QuickBooks desktop application and suddenly bumped into QuickBooks error code 151041? Well, this error is commonly seen when there is a damaged QuickBooks update. Keep one thing in mind that the damaged windows registry is regarded to be the root cause of such types of errors. This error can be rectified with a few procedures, which we will be discussing further in this segment. To get a better insight about this error, make sure to stick around the space till the end.
Important points to remember
Just in case you have multi-user mode enabled, then it is highly recommended to switch to single user mode. And ensure that the mapped file location is appropriate.
- You would have to select the Ctrl + 1 keys tabs to open the product information window.
- And furthermore, choose help and update QuickBooks tab.
- After that, you would be required to click and select the options tab and ensure that the information in download location is appropriate.
The drive that you see in the product information window, then the shared download should be set to Yes, which means it should be the exact same as drive in the download location. Just in case you are making use of the windows vista, then you are supposed to run your QuickBooks desktop as an admin. Click on to the right mouse tab on QuickBooks icon and also click on run as admin. Choose and click on Continue when the system prompts to run the application. Reset the QuickBooks updates and head to the process further.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Error 15104?
There can be a bunch of triggers to the QuickBooks error 15104. Out of the huge list, we have jotted down some of the most common ones. Let us have a look:
- Just in case you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- In case there is any damage in the windows registry, then it is probable to bump into this error.
- At the time of installation.
- If the installation of the software is incomplete.
You may also see: How to Eliminate QuickBooks POS XML Document Errors?
Methods you can Implement to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15104
There are a couple of methods that you can implement in the hope of troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 15104. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Installing and uninstalling QuickBooks in selective startup mode
This is the first method that you can opt for to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error 15104. The steps involved in here are:
Step 1: Prepare the data
- You would first have to create a backup of your data.
- Furthermore, you would require to keep a copy of the QuickBooks desktop product and license number ready.
Step 2: Start the system in selective startup mode
Certain third-party applications running in the background may be blocking the important QuickBooks-related functionalities. An effective remedial measure to keep it in check is to run the system and QuickBooks software in the selective startup mode. This action will stop certain suspicious processes that might be in conflict with QuickBooks, thereby leading to QuickBook error code 15104. Proceed as follows:
- Under this process, you are supposed to open the run tab and press windows + R keys.
- Just in case the dialog box is seen, you would have to type in the mconfig and click on to the ok tab.
- Head to the general tab and select selective startup and load system services.
- Move to the Service tab and select Hide all Microsoft services. Also, select Disable all tab.
- Ensure that the Hide all Microsoft services are un-check.
- You are also supposed to ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected from the list of services. Just in case it is not done, then click on to the checkbox.
- Hit OK tab.
- And also reboot the system configuration window.
Step 3: Perform clean installation of QuickBooks
Clean installation of the QuickBooks software infers a complete removal of the accounting software, including the files and folders that are associated with QuickBooks. This method can certainly help in getting rid of this annoying QuickBooks error.
After your system opens, you would have to try to uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks.
Step 4: Move to the normal startup mode
After you have installed QuickBooks on your system, then you would have to restore the system to its normal mode. The steps involved in here are:
- So as to open the run command, you need to press Ctrl + R keys.
- And type in msconfig and click on ok tab.
- Choose the normal start-up in the general tab.
- Hit ok tab.
- And reboot the system configuration window.
Method 2: Using a third-party cleaner program
If the first method involving the clean installation of QuickBooks didn’t work for you, then you are supposed to make use of a third-party cleaner program.
- You would have to first download and install a third-party cleaner software on the system.
- Further, you would require to run the software on windows. This will scan the system and if it finds any issue in the registry entry, then it will fix.
- Make sure that your system is backed up and is rebooted.
Method 3: System restore
If none of the methods helped you, then you would have to restore your system. This will involve the following steps:
- At first, you would have to open the system restore window on the system.
- And choose the restore point.
- Furthermore, click on to the option scan for affected programs.
- Click on next tab and then click on finish to complete restore process.
Make a note that the system restore would not affect in any way the personal files in the system.
Method 4: Running the batch file (Reboot.bat)
This method demands running the file namely Reboot.bat located in the QuickBooks directory. For your ease, you should pay heed to the steps below to locate the file with utmost ease.
- To begin with, the user should conform to right-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon, followed by opting for Properties.
- Within properties, look for the tab named Open File location, and click on it. this action will directly take the user to the QuickBooks folder. Herein, type in Reboot in the search box (on the top right corner of the screen) and then hit on the Enter key.
- Upon locating the file, double-click on it to run it. It is preferable to open this file as an admin by right-clicking it and opting for the Run as Admin option.
Method 5: Getting Windows updated to the latest release
The QuickBooks error code 15104 may pop up in case the Windows is out-to-date and hasn’t been updated for a very long time. using this version not only prevents users from leveraging the up-to-date features rolled out by Microsoft, but also opens the ground for a myriad of error codes in the operating system. It is, as such, highly recommended that users get their operating system updated to the latest release, as this will also update essential Microsoft Windows Components (like MSXML, C++ and .NET Framework) that form a necessary prerequisite for an unobstructed functioning of the QuickBooks Desktop software. Follow the guideline below to get your system updated:
- The first step involves hitting on the Start menu on the desktop and then searching for ”update” in the search box. Now, open the Windows update window.
- Herein, look for the tab named ”check for updates’‘ and double-click on the same. Let it take its time to search for the latest available updates.
- Place a tick mark beside all the essential updates and proceed with the downloading of these updates.
- The next time when the user restarts his/her system, these updates will automatically start installing soon after the boot screen.
- Finally, make an attempt to launch QuickBooks and then examine if the QuickBooks Error 15104 got vanished.
The solutions listed above are a breeze to resolve the QuickBooks payroll update 15104. However, if they fail to succeed, you can seek help from QuickBooks payroll technical support experts who are available all hours of the day to offer quick assistance. You can reach us by calling our dedicated support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787!
Other helpful articles: