All about the issue QuickBooks unable to create Accountant’s Copy
The world of accounting saw a great change with the coming of the software QuickBooks a decade ago. This tool is known to have some amazing features and helps in managing finances, accounting and bookkeeping related tasks, inventory management and more. In fact, it has streamlined the business operations by making the accounting work quicker and hassle free. Today, QuickBooks is used by most companies and even many individuals for its many perks.
Though QuickBooks is an amazing software, its users do face errors at times. A common error encountered is ‘QuickBooks Unable to Create an Accountant’s Copy’. When preparing an accountant’s copy. This issue is related to the folder where the company file is stored. In QuickBooks, the accountant’s copy is the version of company file that can be used to make changes to the data when you proceed to function. When you are all set to make changes in the QB Accountant Transfer file, you can revert the changes already made for easy importing of the data to the company file.
In this article we will discuss the issue of QuickBooks unable/failed to create an Accountant’s copy. Thus, make sure to continue reading this post till the end. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Speaking to our team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services in fixing the QB related bugs.
You might also like: How to eliminate QuickBooks error code 15241?
What Causes QuickBooks Unable to Create Accountant’s Copy Error?
Before you try to fix this error it is important to understand the causes of the problem. So below are the causes of QB failed to create Accountants copy.
- QuickBooks Desktop requires an update.
- The Company Data file is damaged
- The internet connection of your computer might be slow or the firewall may be affecting the upload.
- Getting a long dash in MS words and then copying it in the notes can cause this issue.
- The QBW file is 200MB or larger than that
- Problem sending the data to the Intuit server
The error can also happen when you make an attempt to send the Accountant’s copy with the file transfer. In case, you are sending the Accountant’s copy through the Accountant Copy’s File Transfer Service (ACTF), then you might see the following errors.
Problem in sending the file to the Intuit Server
Warning: There was a problem sending the changes to the accountant’s copy file transfer server. Try again later or save the file and send via email.
How to resolve Error: QuickBooks Failed to create an Accountant’s copy?
Following are some of the quickest steps to resolve this error:
- First check your company file name for any special characters
It should be noted that the accountant file transfer service only works with QuickBooks desktop 2017 (R14), 2018 (R12) or 2019 (R9), and also QuickBooks desktop enterprise 17 (R14), 8 (R12), or 19 (R9). Thus, if you are making use of an older version, then you will not be able to create an accountant copy when it says fail with no explanation due to incompatibility with ACFT.
- Reduce the size of the company file
This can be done in two ways:
- The user can reduce the file size by creating a portable version of the company file, which is easy to move. It is basically a compact version of the company file that’s easy to send.
- And the other option is to manually save and send the QBX/QBY without the Accountant file transfer service
- The company file is damaged, resolve it using QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Many times, QuickBooks file doctor tool becomes a saviour to majority of QB users. This tool is designed and developed in a way to resolve all sorts of errors, especially the company file and network related issues. The user can either download this tool from Intuit’s website, or can access it through the QuickBooks Tool hub. This tool will resolve the company file damage issue up to a great extent.
- The user should handle the folder having QuickBooks. And right click the file and select the sharing and security option.
- And then, the user needs to choose the sharing and security, which will lead to a new dialog box. After that, the user needs to select permission.
- The next step is to select add browse option, in order to find the current QB data service user. At times it changes with every updated version, so make sure to give the account change and read permissions before creating accountant’s copy.
- And lastly, try to create an accountant’s copy. Ensure to avoid having the strange character in the file path.
Points to consider when creating the Accountant’s Copy
Once the Accountant’s copy is saved, QuickBooks displays on the screen of the computer ‘Accountant’s Changes Pending’ in the title bar and it will remain the same till the time you add the changes from the Accountant’s copy or remove the restrictions. In case, you remove the restrictions prior to the accountant sends back the changes, you will not be able to make any modification made by the accountant automatically in the application.
Limitations of QuickBooks desktop
There can be certain limitations on the things that can be adjusted with an Accountant’s copy file. For example, the user unable to add, edit, void, or delete the payroll, estimates, sales orders, transfers of funds between accounts or inventory build assemblies.
Begin with creating the QuickBooks Accountant’s copy
The accountant can tell the users to upload an accountant’s copy or backup file but in majority of the cases, the accountant’s copy will be the preferred option. The user can create an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks by following the steps we mentioned earlier in this post.
How to Remove Accountant’s Copy Restrictions?
On QuickBooks Desktop when you remove the Accountant’s copy restrictions, it means that you are making the initial accountant’s copy invalid. This happens when your accountant asks for another accountant’s copy or your company files needs to be fixed due to data damage. Before you remove the restrictions ensure that you have taken backup of your company file. Below are the steps to remove restrictions from the accountant’s copy.
- First go to file menu and then select on Send Company File
- Now select the Accountant’s copy
- After that choose client activities
- After this click on Remove Restrictions.
- Now choose Yes, I want to remove Accountant’s copy restrictions and then click on OK button.
Read this also: Converting a QuickBooks desktop for Windows file to the Mac
I hope with the help of above given steps you have successfully resolved QuickBooks unable to create Accountant’s copy problem. However, if you face any kind of challenge in resolving it or have any queries then you can always connect with QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1-888-291-2294 who are available all the time to guide you and help you with solution related to the application.
Other helpful topics you may like: