Perform these recommended methods if you are opening QuickBooks and you see the Opening QuickBooks screen but it does not open error:
Bumping into some or the other errors on QuickBooks is pretty much common as the software involves bunch of algorithms making it prone to technical glitches. You might come across an error that open QuickBooks splash screen displays and disappears without opening QuickBooks desktop. Such an error can be experienced when there is some internal or technical issue, and the error basically falls under the category of QuickBooks won’t open, which can be a result of a bunch of factors.
This piece of writing will brief you with the most feasible fixes to the opening QuickBooks splash screen displays and disappears without opening QuickBooks error. However, if you don’t want to rectify the error manually, then in that case you can simply get on a call with our technocrats and let them perform the said steps for you.
Essential points to consider
Before you head forward, it becomes important for you to consider the below factors:
- Ascertain the regional settings of the system are set to English (United states or Canada, it completely depends upon the version of QuickBooks being used by you currently).
- Another essential tip is to note that some of the troubleshooting steps covered in this segment are specifically for windows operating system, which isn’t a product by Intuit. Thus, the procedures can be a little complex, if in case the errors appear when repairing or uninstalling windows components. In case you aren’t very much comfortable performing the steps, then it is highly suggested to connect with a certified IT person.
- The steps listed in this segment might demand a reboot of the system. Thus, you should consider bookmarking or keeping a secure copy of the article before rebooting the system.
You may like: Steps to Fix locked file errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Measures to rectify the Opening QuickBooks screen but it does not open issue successfully
You can perform the below set of steps, so as to rectify the error opening QuickBooks splash screen displays and disappears without opening QuickBooks desktop. Let us explore the steps one by one:
Procedure 1: Checking the FISP settings for the windows 10 pro or higher
Often it might happen that the FISP is enabled. If that is the case, then you would have to perform the below set of steps, or you would have to speak to an IT professional for better assistance.
- Start off the process by opting for Start tab and also run and type GPEDIT.MSC
- You further have to choose Computer configuration and then Windows settings in the local computer policy window.
- Next, you need to go for security settings, local policies and also the Security options.
- You are then required to opt for System cryptography FIPS and ascertain that it is disabled. However, if it is enabled, then ensure to disable it and also restart the system to make changes.
- Sum up the process by opening QuickBooks.
Just in the you face the issue again, then reinstall QuickBooks desktop by performing the below set of steps:
- Prepare for the install
- Install QuickBooks desktop
- Activate QuickBooks desktop
Procedure 2: Rename QBWUSER.ini file
This particular file keeps a record of all previous files that you might have opened. In case you try to rename this file, the data of the previous file might be lost.
- For this process, you would first have to head to the folder where you saved the QBWUSER.ini file.
- You can also enable the Hidden files and folders if you aren’t able to spot the file.
- Heading forward, you are recommended to right click the QBWUSER.ini file and also click on Rename tab.
- Later on, add the word .old and hit Enter tab.
Read Also: Fix activation, license, and product numbers errors in QuickBooks desktop
Procedure 3: Run quick fix my program
You can run the Quick fix my program file from the QuickBooks tool hub program. The steps involved in here are as follows:
Step 1: You need to initially download and install the QuickBooks tool hub
- Herein, close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version of QuickBooks tool hub.
- You are recommended to save the file where you can spot it with much ease.
- Heading forward, open the file that was downloaded.
- Moreover, abide by the On-screen prompts.
- You are also required to double click the icon on the Windows desktop to open the Tool hub.
- Keep a note of the fact that if you aren’t able to spot the issue, then search in Windows for QuickBooks tool hub and choose the program.
Step 2: Run quick fix my program
- After the QuickBooks tool hub is downloaded successfully, you need to choose Program problems.
- And also go for the Quick fix my program option.
Procedure 4: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- You might have Downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub earlier,
- You would have to open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Go for Installation issues.
- Heading forward, go for QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run and this might take some time.
- Lastly open QuickBooks desktop.
Procedure 5: Changing the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file or folder
So as to change the file name or folder name, you need to carry out the below stated set of steps:
- It is initially suggested to press Windows + R keys for opening the Run command.
- Furthermore, copy the Path and paste it into the field.
- You are then recommended to hit Enter tab.
- Along with that Check for the v8 folder in the result.
- Heading forward, right click on the same and go for Rename tab.
- Change the name to V8(OLD)
- You can now check if the software is synced successfully or not. In case any issue is faced in syncing the license data online QuickBooks, you would have to connect with some professionals.
Knocking down Opening QuickBooks screen but it does not open error becomes a cake walk, when the steps and procedures listed above are performed in a proper manner.
Whereas, if you aren’t able to deal with such an error even after performing the steps, then it is a matter to be concerned of. You can simply connect with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support geeks using our dedicated support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and let them take over the situation.
What does QuickBooks Error 80070057 Mean and How to Fix it?
How to resolve QuickBooks error: server busy error?