Learn how to fix QuickBooks error code 1606: Could not access network location:
While installing QuickBooks updates, did you ever receive a message “Error 1606: QuickBooks couldn’t access network location”. Well if yes, then need not to worry anymore, as today through this post we will be dealing with this error, and will also discuss the causes of the same. According to the experts, QuickBooks error code 1606 shows that QuickBooks is unable to find or access a network location during the installation of QuickBooks or the windows current user account has been damaged. There can be a variety of factors causing this error, which we will be discussing later in this article. So, make sure that you read the article carefully till the end. You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Resolve Error 1606: Could not access network location
You can also get in touch with our support team, in case you feel that the error is too typical for you to handle. Give us a call right away and leave the rest on our experts and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Triggers to QuickBooks error 1606 (Could not access network location)
As we said before there can be a couple of causes behind the QuickBooks error code 1606 out of which, we have tried to cover some of the common ones below:
- In case your profile on windows system has been corrupted.
- Also, when the installation of QuickBooks has not been completed due to a corrupt setup file.
- Another situation when such error might appear can be if the windows installer is failed to access the data from QB installation disk.
- If the windows registry is damaged or corrupted.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 4120?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1606 – Could Not Access Network Location
Below are some of the most effective methods that can be implemented by users to fix the QuickBooks error code 1606. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Downloading and installing QuickBooks desktop using admin credentials
The first method can be to download and install QuickBooks using admin credentials. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Initially reboot your system and then sign into the account by using the windows admin username and password.
- After that install and run QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Installing QuickBooks again in windows safe mode
- This can be done by rebooting the windows in safe mode.
- And then installing QuickBooks via the setup.
Method 3: Installing QuickBooks via new windows admin user
You need to create a new user account on windows with admin privileges. You are also needed to reboot the windows and sign in into the recent account.
For windows 10:
- You need to first select windows start and settings.
- Also in the accounts section, select family and other users.
- Followed by, selecting add someone else on this system.
- You are also required to select I don’t have this person’s sign in information and then hit a click on add a user without Microsoft account.
- Now type in the user name and the password.
- Also hit a click on finish and also select the account.
- Moving ahead, you need to select admin from the account type section and then hit OK key.
For windows 7 and 8:
- For this, you need to choose the windows start option.
- In the search programs box, you need to enter user accounts.
- Also choose user accounts, before that select manage account.
- Now assign a name to the new account and select admin and click on details.
- After that install and run QuickBooks.
Read it Also: Access QuickBooks desktop remotely from another location
Method 4: Download the QuickBooks installation file
At times, the CD drive fails to run the data on the CD as a consequence of scratches on the installation disc. This makes it necessary for you to download the setup file from the QuickBooks product download page.
Method 5: Installing the QuickBooks in selective startup
- In this particular method, you need to first press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open run command.
- And then type in msconfig and then select ok tab.
- Also navigate to the general tab and then choose the selective startup and also load system services.
- Followed by, in the services tab, and then choose the hide all Microsoft services option.
- And then select the disable all icon.
- Now unmark the hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- And also, verify the services list, and ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected. In case not, then mark it. Also, select the Ok icon.
- The final step is to move to the system configuration window and select the restart tab.
Method 6: Fixing wrong registry subkey
The process is supposed to be followed by system admin. This process includes editing the registry, which if not done correctly could result in serious damage to the device.
Method 7: In case you are running QuickBooks desktop in Windows 7 installed in Parallels
- At first, logout of your parallel and login again.
- In the parallel Desktop, you need to choose Devices and then click Shared Folders.
- Now select Disconnect All (you will be logged out of the parallel).
- Lastly sign-in and install QuickBooks Desktop.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832?
We have tried to summarize some of the best possible solutions to the QuickBooks error code 1606 in this article. And we hope that after scrolling through the same, you might be able to get rid of from this error successfully. But if by any chance, you are unable to do so, then need to do worry, as our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team will be there to help you out. All you have to do is to ring up to us at 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on us.
Other articles to read: