Learn how to fix QuickBooks error code 1606: Could not access network location:
While installing QuickBooks updates, did you ever receive a message “Error 1606: QuickBooks couldn’t access network location”. Well, if yes, then need not to worry anymore, as today we will be dealing with this error, and will also discuss the causes of the same. According to the experts, QuickBooks error code 1606 shows that QuickBooks is unable to find or access a network location during the installation of QuickBooks or the windows current user account has been damaged. There can be a variety of factors causing this error, which we will be discussing later in this article. Thus, make sure that you read the article carefully till the end.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Resolve Error 1606: Could not access network location
Or you can also get in touch with our support team, in case you feel that the error is too typical for you to handle. Give us a call right away and leave the rest on our experts and certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Triggers to QuickBooks error code 1606
As we said before, there can be a couple of causes behind the QuickBooks error code 1606, out of which, we have tried to cover some of the common ones below:
- In case the user profile on windows system has been corrupted
- Also, when the installation of QuickBooks has not been completed due to a corrupt setup file
- Another situation when such error might appear can be if the windows installer is failed to access the data from QB installation disk
- If the windows registry is damaged or corrupted
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 4120?
Solutions to fix Fix QuickBooks Error 1606 – Could Not Access Network Location
Below are some of the most effective methods that can be implemented by the users to fix the QuickBooks error code 1606. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Downloading and installing QuickBooks using admin credentials
The very first method can be to download and install QuickBooks using admin credentials. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to reboot the system
- And then, sign into the account by using the windows admin username and password
- Lastly, install and run QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved or not
Method 2: Installing QuickBooks again in windows safe mode
- This can be done by rebooting the windows in safe mode
- And then installing QuickBooks via the setup
Method 3: Installing QuickBooks via new windows admin user
The user needs to create a new user account on windows with admin privileges. The user is also needed to reboot the windows and sign in into the recent account.
For windows 10:
- The user needs to first select windows start and settings
- Also, in the accounts section, the user needs to select family and other users
- Followed by, selecting add someone else on this system
- The user is also required to select I don’t have this person’s sign in information and then click on add a user without Microsoft account
- Now, type in the user name and the password
- Also, click on finish and also select the account
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select admin from the account type section and then hit OK key
For windows 7 and 8:
- For this, the user needs to choose the windows start option
- And then, in the search programs box, the user needs to enter user accounts
- Also, select user accounts, before that select manage account
- Now, assign a name to the new account and select admin and click on details
After that install and run QuickBooks
Read it Also: Access QuickBooks desktop remotely from another location
Method 4: Download the QuickBooks installation file
At times, the CD drive fails to run the data on the CD as a consequence of scratches on the installation disc. This makes it necessary for the user to download the setup file from the QuickBooks product download page.
Method 5: Installing the QuickBooks in selective startup
- In this particular method, the user needs to first press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open run command
- And then, type in msconfig and then select ok tab
- Also, navigate to the general tab and then select the selective startup and also load system services
- Followed by, in the services tab, and then choose the hide all Microsoft services option
- And then select the disable all icon
- Now, unmark the hide all Microsoft services checkbox
- And also, verify the services list, and ensure that the windows installer checkbox is selected. In case not, then mark it. Also, select the Ok icon
- The last step is to move to the system configuration window and select the restart tab
Method 6: Fixing wrong registry subkey
The process is supposed to be followed by system admin. This process includes editing the registry, which if not done correctly could result in serious damage to the device.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832?
We have tried to summarize some of the best possible solutions to the QuickBooks error code 1606 in this article. And we hope that after scrolling through the same, you might be able to get rid of from this error successfully. But if by any chance, you are unable to do so, then need to do worry, as our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team will be there to help you out.
All you have to do is to ring up to us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on us. We are a team of professionals, who do not leave any stone unturned to provide the best possible support services.
Other articles to read: