Learn how to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error Code 404 (Page not found)
Ran into QuickBooks error code 404 and can’t come up with an ideal solution? Well, this is a very common situation, but not to worry, as we can help you to come out from this. QuickBooks error code 404, is usually seen when the software itself fails to sync with Intuit servers. Tackling this issue might seem to be a tough task for you, but the error can be resolved by carrying out a couple of steps and procedures. Considering the difficulty that you might face, we have come up with this article today, where we will be having an in-depth discussion about the processes to resolve the QuickBooks error code 404. Thus, if you are interested in knowing the process to deal with such an error, then pay heed to this segment.
Whereas, a shortcut for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. You can contact us at any point of time, and discuss your issues with our accounting professionals and certified Proadvisors, who will handle the situation immediately.
You may also like: How to Resolve QuickBooks error code 6144, 304?
What is QuickBooks error 404?
Before we jump on to the solutions and other related information, it is better to first understand a bit about QuickBooks update error 404. This is basically an error that occurs when installing QuickBooks desktop. It can also be seen due to inappropriate shutdown or startup of windows. Whenever you encounter such an error, it is recommended to unleash the basic cause behind it. This is basically a run time error that might be read as “Service messages error” or “QuickBooks error 404 pages not found” or “QuickBooks update error 404” or “QB runtime errors 404”, etc. You might also face such an error if the QuickBooks software is unable to complete any update or not sync with the intuit server. This error has the data that can be deciphered by the manufacturer of the component. To know further about this error, continue reading the article.
Operating system Information
QuickBooks error code 404 tends to appear in the below listed Microsoft windows operating systems. Let us have a look:
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- MS Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 10
- MS Windows 8
- Windows 7
Causes of QuickBooks error code 404
There can be a couple of causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error code 404, a few of which are:
- In case any installation, change or program updates that might cause the corruption or deletion of QuickBooks related files accidentally.
- If the system is infected with virus or malware, ending up in corrupted windows files or QuickBooks related files.
- You can also this error if the system’s windows registry gets corrupt due to any changes like installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks.
- In case the installation or download of QuickBooks remains incomplete or gets corrupted, then such an error is probable to occur.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 404
The signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error 404 are as follows:
- The very first symptom can be that the web page you are trying to access couldn’t be spotted on the server.
- The simplest one is that the error code itself appears on the screen.
- Error code drops the dynamic application window can be another symptom.
- Also, you can identify such an error if the page has been removed or moved but the URL has not been changed.
- Last one can be if the windows run slowly and sluggishly.
- The system impacts with the error 404 when operating a similar program.
Related Article: How to Fix error 401 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Methods to get rid of the QuickBooks update error 404
As we mentioned earlier, this is a run time error, and can be resolved by carrying out a couple of measures. Below we have listed a few of the effective methods that can help you in fixing the QuickBooks update error code 404. Let us check them out one by one:
Method 1: Reconfiguring the system settings
The very first method that you can opt for is to reconfigure the system settings. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, open the QuickBooks software and the company files.
- Initiate the process where the error was last seen.
- Log out from the company file opting for close QuickBooks later.
- Next step is to update the windows and reboot the system.
- Along with that, you are required to navigate to the internet explorer and also opt for the tools menu. Click on the internet options.
- Moving ahead, you are required to select the advanced tab and also browse in the settings pane.
- Now close all the programs and then save the information.
- You will be then required to close all the programs and then save the information.
- Next, press Windows + R keys and then type msconfig and hit OK key.
- Once done with that, choose general on the system configuration screen.
- And then, navigate to the startup selection and also choose selective startup. Along with that, click on OK button.
- And to end the process reboot the system.
Method 2: Verifying the internet speed
If the first method didn’t work, then try to verify the internet speed. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- For this, move to the internet explorer and also open a frequently opened website.
- Along with that, if you spot an issue with opening the URL, try to refresh the internet setting and try again.
- In case the message still appears stating “Page can’t be displayed”, then switch off and on the wireless router and open the URL again.
- Next step is to reboot the system and try again.
- Also, set the internet explorer as the default browser.
- Towards the end of the process, if the issue persists, then contact your internet service provider.
Read this Also: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a: Can’t Load DLL
Method 3: Changing the internet settings
- In this particular method, you are supposed to navigate to the internet explorer and then opt for tools and internet options respectively.
- Hit a click on the security tab and also navigate to the trusted sites.
- Now add *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com as trusted sites.
- Followed by selecting close and also hit ok tab.
- Log out from the company file and close QuickBooks.
- Reopen QuickBooks, along with the company file and carry out the process where the error appeared.
Method 4: Updating and repairing QuickBooks
The last method that you can opt for is to update and repair QuickBooks. The steps to involved in this error are as follows:
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the help menu.
- Along with that, hit a click on update QuickBooks desktop.
- Open the company file and start doing the tasks interrupted by QuickBooks 404 error.
- In case the issue continues, then move ahead with repairing QuickBooks:
- At first, press windows + R keys.
- Type Appwiz.cpl in the box.
- Now choose the QuickBooks software form the list of installed programs and click on repair.
- Check if the issues has been resolved or not.
We have tried to summarize the information related to the QuickBooks error code 404, in this article. We also expect that after reading the article carefully, you might be able to resolve the error successfully. However, in case of any query, or for any further technical assistance, getting in touch with a team of professionals is recommended.