Often while downloading or importing transaction for bank, you might land into issues related to the webconnect. These issues can appear with error messages like:
- QuickBooks seems stuck and asks you to select a new or existing account when you try to download.
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download.
- Your data was not imported into QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks found an error. We can’t read the file sent.
- An error occurred while processing the online banking data.
Web connecting issues are often seen when the files from the bank are incomplete or in the incorrect format. Any kind of changes on the bank’s end can also create issues. In this article, we will be talking about the process to resolve QuickBooks desktop webconnect import errors.
Some important points
Before you hop on to the process to import the transaction in QuickBooks or fixing the webconnect import errors, it is very much important that you consider the below pointers:
- The most important point is to update the internet explorer to the newest available version.
- Another important point is to create a backup of the company file.
- You also required to ensure using a supported version of QuickBooks.
Once you are thorough with the above pointers, then you are all set to jump on to the steps.
You may like: How to Resolve the Error in XML Document in QuickBooks?
Method to Fix WebConnect import errors in QuickBooks
Now that you are aware of the important information related to the QuickBooks web connect import errors, it is the right time to begin with the process. We will be exploring each of the steps in detail. So, without further ado, let us begin:
Step 1: Downloading the WebConnect file
To begin with the process, you need to first download the webconnect file directly from the bank, not from inside QuickBooks. The steps involved in this process:
- Firstly sign in the bank’s website.
- And then look for and download the webconnect file.
- Now open QuickBooks and the company file and continue with the steps to import the .qbo file.
In case you spot an issue while downloading or importing the file, there might be issues with the bank. In case you can import and see the transactions in QuickBooks, then you can follow the steps to reset the bank connection.
Step 2: Checking the file from the bank
You need to ensure that the file downloaded from the bank is a .qbo file. It should be noted that the only type of the file web connect can read. In case you are having a different type of file, then it is important to sign into the bank’s website and download a .qbo file. In case you need any help in finding it, then you can reach out to the bank. You can move back into QuickBooks and follow the steps in importing the .qbo file.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=47?
Step 3: Reviewing the notifications from the bank
Checking the bank’s website
In case the bank changes the support QuickBooks desktop, you will be notified. You need to sign into the bank’s website and check the messages. In case any of the error messages appear on the screen, then below stated instructions should be followed. In case the bank stopped supporting the web connect, then the steps to disconnect the account should be followed.
Checking the bank’s website for verification requests
A few banks ask users to confirm the identity before accessing the QuickBooks data. After reinstalling or updating QuickBooks to a newer version, this issue arises. You need to sign in to the bank’s website and check the messages. You need to look for any requests for access and follow the instructions to permit them.
Step 4: Switching banking modes
- Select the banking menu in QuickBooks.
- After that, move to the bank feeds and choose change bank feeds mode.
- Now, in the bank feeds section, and then select classic mode.
- And then, follow the steps to import the .qbo file
Step 5: Creating a test file
In this particular step, you need to see if the issue is with the company file or the .qbo file. And see if one can import the transactions to the company file.
- First of all, select new company from the file menu.
- And then choose express start and then fill out the required fields. And then add the word “test” to the company name, which will make it easy to identify.
- Follow the steps to import the .qbo file, in the test company. You will also have to import the transactions into the same bank account facing the issue with in the main company file.
The below steps should be carried out whether you could import the .qbo file into QuickBooks.
In case you could import the file
In case one spots the transactions in the test file, there might be settings issue. You can move back to the original company file and then reset them.
- For this, open the original company file.
- And then follow the steps to disconnect the account the user is facing issues.
- You will then have to reconnect to the account.
- After that, you can import the .qbo file again.
In case you can import the transactions in the original company file, the error is resolved.
In case you are unable to import the file
If by any chance, you are unable to spot the transactions in the test company file, the issue is likely with the .qbo file from the bank. You need to reach out to the bank for help getting the right file. It should be noted that the banks and financial institutions that use web connect to know the process to handle these types of issues.
- You should get to the bank log files, before contacting the bank.
- You can also speak to a bank representative familiar with QuickBooks bank feeds and the account activation.
- Also, ask them to verify if your QuickBooks account is set up for webconnect.
Also read: How to Add a User License to Your QuickBooks Software?
Towards the end of this article, we believe that the information shared in this article will be of much help in fixing the web connect import errors in QuickBooks desktop. However, in case of any query or in case the errors continue to trouble you, feel free to contact our professionals at 1-800-761-1787. We have a dedicated QuickBooks error support team who provides best possible support services. Feel free to call us at any point of time, we will be happy to help you.
How to solve QuickBooks desktop freezing up problem?
How to fix Error H202 if you use Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2?
Latest methods to transfer QuickBooks desktop to another computer