QuickBooks is a brilliant accounting software. But like any other computer software or application, this too isn’t completely free from errors and glitches. While many common errors can be fixed by just following the on-screen prompts or with the help of a little troubleshooting, many may require a specialist to be fixed. And in this blog post, we are going to discuss a common QuickBooks issue – QuickBooks crash com error – which is luckily fixable if you perform the correct troubleshooting methods.
This error is generally seen when we try to email an invoice to a client. The error message “Crash Com Error” appears on the screen. You should read this post carefully till the end to learn about the most credible ways to fix the QuickBooks crash com error. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with our support team and let them fix the error for you within the least possible time. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks error support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will take over from there.
You may also read: Ways to rectify QuickBooks Maintenance release error 15215
What is QuickBooks crash com error?
Later in this blog post, you will learn about all the steps to fix QuickBooks crash com error but before that, let’s know a little about it. You should know that this error causes a lot of nuisance. Of course, it is an annoying feeling to make all the changes in a receipt or invoice and not being able to send that to your client, right? This error may be experienced after some changes or updates launched by Microsoft.
You may also lose the unsaved information or company data due to this error and we understand that it is a heavy-going feeling to lose the essential data. Please also note that encountering this error repeatedly might end up damaging the company file. So let’s now move on to know the causes responsible for this error code.
Valid causes of QuickBooks crash com error
QuickBooks crashing is a common error that may occur due to various type of reasons. Below we have mentioned few causes behind to this error:
- Synchronization fails with Windows or other components.
- Damaged or lost Windows components and MS office components can be one of the most common reasons for crash com error.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Accidental deletion of QB related files can also be a factor causing this error.
- Firewall or antivirus hindering the communication process of QuickBooks desktop.
- Virus or malware infection can also be one of the reasons.
- Damaged windows might end up in crashing the QB software.
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks components.
When can you see crash com error in QuickBooks?
There can be numerous situations, when you can face this error, a few of which are listed below:
- While emailing invoices or wile opening the invoices.
- At the time of attaching any file or something.
- Also, when you attempts to save something.
- This error can also be seen, when you tries to open check register.
- In case of opening a report, this error could flash on the screen.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks script error?
Methods to deal with QuickBooks crash com error
Follow the below given methods in order to resolve the com crash in QuickBooks:
Method 1: Toggle mail settings
- The first step is to move to the control panel, and then go to the user account.
- After that, select the mail option, followed by clicking on the Microsoft Outlook.
- Moving ahead, you need to select show profile under the profile option.
- Followed by selecting the Outlook option.
- In case the Always use this profile option is selected, then make sure to select the Prompt for a profile to be used, after that hit Apply button.
- After that, select always use this profile option.
- And lastly, you need to click on the Apply option, and then hit OK button.
Method 2: Adding an email account to Microsoft outlook
- At first, go to the File option in the Microsoft outlook.
- After that select Info followed by adding account to begin with the setup process.
- Next, enter the email address that is to be added and hit Next.
- Now wait for Microsoft Outlook to select the server and then click connect.
- After that enter the password and hit OK key.
- At last, select OK and complete the setup.
In case QuickBooks is unable to detect the Microsoft Outlook, follow the steps provided below to see if it’s one of the email options:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that go to the Edit option and choose Preferences option.
- Next, select the Send Forms option.
- At last, select My Preferences option.
The point to be noted here is that if you are unable to find the Microsoft Outlook, then you might need to restart the system and repair QuickBooks desktop. You might also need to create a new Windows user profile.
Method 3: Creating a new Microsoft outlook email profile
- First of all close Microsoft outlook and head towards the next step.
- The next step is to move to the control panel and then the user account.
- After that select the mail option.
- And hit a click on show profiles in the mail setup window, followed by selecting Add option.
- Next, you need to enter the name, in the profile name field.
- Once done with that, you will have to hit OK button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts, in order to add an email account.
- The final process is to select Apply option and OK option respectively.
The point to be noted here is that, this doesn’t delete the existing Outlook profile.
Method 4: Setting up Microsoft Outlook as the default mail app
In case the above methods did not work in fixing the issue, you can set up the Microsoft outlook as the default mail app, as this would rectify the bug up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all move to the Control Panel and then Programs.
- The next step is to select the default programs.
- And then, opt for set your default programs option and then mail option.
- Now select outlook, and save the settings.
- And then move to the next process if the error persists.
Read Also: Connect your email to QuickBooks Desktop
Method 5: Adding a window admin user
Adding a new window admin user might help in fixing the crash com error. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to draft the windows user with admin rights.
- By opening the windows start menu.
- And then you need to select all programs option, followed by opening the Windows small business server and then opt for Windows SBS Console.
- Moving ahead you should click on Users and Groups, and then tap on Add a new user account tab.
- Next step in the process is to fill out the user info, then follow the Add a new user account wizard.
- Now give the new user admin rights.
- Select finish when done.
- And then log on to windows with the new user.
- Followed by re-opening the QuickBooks software.
Method 6: Updating Microsoft Outlook
- Firstly, move to the file option in the Microsoft outlook.
- And then, select office account, followed by hitting update options.
- Last step is to select update now option.
Method 7: Repairing Windows and Microsoft office
- To begin with, repair the Microsoft office. This step will replace the unresponsive components.
- After that, you will have to update the QuickBooks desktop and then reboot the system.
- Followed by updating the windows once again.
- The last step in the process is to remove the unidentified software installed on the system and you are good to go.
Method 8: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- The first step is to move to the help menu and then select the update QuickBooks option.
- After that, move to the update now tab. It is suggested to select the reset updates checkbox to clear all previous update downloads.
- Next process is to choose the get updates option, to begin with the download.
- Moving ahead, you need to restart QuickBooks, when the download gets finished.
- Now accept the option to install the latest release, when asked for.
You may also see: Fix QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server
Method 9: Run QuickBooks in the compatibility mode
- Firstly, hit a right click on QuickBooks on the desktop and then select Properties option.
- After that select run this program in compatibility mode.
- Next step in the process is to select Windows 7 from the drop-down.
- Now hit a click on the option stating run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- And finally, select on Apply option, followed by hitting OK button.
Method 10: Configuring QuickBooks firewall and security exceptions
- The very first step is to add QuickBooks firewall exceptions to QB communication funnel right.
- After that, configure the QuickBooks process and port exceptions in the system security software according to the instructions given in the user manual.
- After that reboot the system and reaffirm that the settings stay intact.
- At the end of this method, you will have to open some other report or a form and then make an attempt to email it, to check if the crash com error continues to trouble you.
Method 11: QuickBooks desktop and company file fine-tuning
- First of all, open and update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- And then make an attempt to manually update QuickBooks, if any update errors can be seen.
- After that, you will have to open and verify the QuickBooks company file, to verify the integrity of the company file data.
- Followed by opening the item on which the QuickBooks crash com error was seen.
- You are expected to open some other report or a form and then try to email it to check if the error continues.
We have tried to enlist 11 of the most useful methods to fix the crash com error in QuickBooks in this post. However, there are certainly some other ways to fix this error too. The methods provided in this article should usually work for you. In case the issue persists or reoccurs, you can also consult a professional. For which, you can dial our helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and discuss the issue with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team. We are a hub of technocrats and strive to provide the best possible and highly customized solutions to our clients in the least possible time.