All your need to know about Correcting Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise (QuickBooks Memory Leak)
The accounting industry has seen a sea change in the past few years, and all thanks to software like QuickBooks. Accounting is no longer a cumbersome and tedious job. Intuit’s QuickBooks Enterprise is helpful in managing finances, payroll details, inventory lists, and more. That’s why today most of the medium and small sized businesses heavily rely on this application.
Even though it is a very powerful software, but it isn’t immune to technical glitches or errors. Cache memory is an important in QuickBooks which is used by the information manager. At times the cache amount gets incorrect or non-default and this leads to slow running of your computer. So, in this article we will discuss how you can correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise.
When to correct cache amount for QuickBooks desktop enterprise?
You need to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks enterprise solutions on following conditions:
- When you try to shift to the newest version of Windows
- When you are upgrading to the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Enterprise updated with the new launch
- If the server restarts repeatedly.
Note that you are before correcting cache quantity for QuickBooks Enterprise, check if the application is updated to the newest version or not. If your QuickBooks is not up to date then there are 2 methods to update your QuickBooks:
- Manual Update
- Automatic Update
Ways to correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
Below we have provided you a complete procedure to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks desktop enterprise so that you can prevent QuickBooks memory leak problem. Thus, follow the steps as they mentioned:
Solution 1: Operate QBW.ini File to correct memory cache amount
- Open your system where QBW.ini file is located.
- Look for the trail C:\Program Data\ Intuit to launch the QBW.ini file
- You have to choose the sound unit server choices with important values. The 2 choices square measure are mentioned below:”
- Initial Cache: You have to use the initial cache till the time the primary file is opened. It should be set to none or zero and it will not have any effect on the performance.
- Max Cache: It is the cache that boosts the performance of the system. You will have to use the QuickBooks information Manager in order to communicate with the corporate file setting through the most memory standing.
- Once done, turn off and switch on to avoid wasting the file
Solution 2: Amend the settings of the cache to Server only Install
There are two ways for Server only Install:
Method 1: Sign-in Windows to check the cache setting
- After this go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksdb25\Parameter
- You might get a message as -n QB_SERVER_NAME-qs-qd ALL -qk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M
- Keep a record of the amount once –ch and -c
- Ensure that you have spelt each of message in the correct way and thus the PC will host the multi-user for only QuickBooks Desktop
Method 2: Amend Settings within the written account
- Once you have saved your work sign out from QuickBooks
- Now restrict the information service of QuickBooks and enter the internet stop QuickBooks DB25
- Note that all the sound unit connections might stop and you may be unable to get back to the cursed work
- The corrections can be easily created within the Windows written account
- Location of the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooks
The Value can be same as -n QB_SERVER_NAME-qs -gdALL -gk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M
- Change -c 128M to -c 256M
- Change -ch 256M to -ch512M
- Now save all the changes that you created
- You also need to open the prompt again to enter : Internet begin QuickBooks DB25
- Now restart QuickBooks and see if still the error persists or not.
The above mentioned ways will easily correct the cache amount for QuickBooks desktop. However, if you face any error or stuck while performing the steps, then QuickBooks enterprise support team are always there for your assistance.
We are available 24/7 to help you and save your precious time and efforts. You can dial our toll-free 1(888)383-0323 and our well trained and experienced experts will guide you with all facets of QuickBooks.