All your need to know about Correcting Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise (QuickBooks Memory Leak)
The accounting industry has seen a sea change in the past few years, and all thanks to software like QuickBooks. Accounting is no longer a cumbersome and tedious job. Intuit’s QuickBooks Enterprise is helpful in managing finances, payroll details, inventory lists, and more. That’s why today most of the medium and small sized businesses heavily rely on this application.
Even though it is a very powerful software, but it isn’t immune to technical glitches or errors. Cache memory is an important part in QuickBooks which is used by the information manager. At times the cache amount gets incorrect or non-default and this leads to slow running of your computer. So today, in this segment we will discuss how you can correct cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise. To know more, continue reading the article, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team with the help of our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks error 1402 when installing QuickBooks desktop
When to correct cache amount for QuickBooks desktop enterprise?
You need to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks enterprise solutions on following conditions:
- When you try to shift to the newest version of Windows.
- When you are upgrading to the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Enterprise updated with the new launch.
- If the server restarts repeatedly.
Before correcting cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise, check if the application is updated to the newest version or not. If your QuickBooks is not up to date then there are 2 methods to update your QuickBooks desktop:
- Manual Update
- Automatic Update
Ways to Correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
Below we have provided you a complete procedure to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks desktop enterprise so that you can prevent QuickBooks memory leak problem. So, follow the steps as they mentioned:
Solution 1: Operate QBW.ini File to correct memory cache amount
- Open your system where QBW.ini file is located.
- Look for the trail C:\Program Data\ Intuit to launch the QBW.ini file.
- You are required to open the QBW.ini file and then add a DBSERVEROPTIONS section with the help of chosen values.
InitialCache= 256 (‘None’)
MaxCache= 512 (‘Unlimited’)
- You have to choose the sound unit server choices with important values. The 2 choices square measure are mentioned below:
- Initial Cache: You have to use the initial cache till the time the primary file is opened. It should be set to none or zero and it will not have any effect on the performance.
- Max Cache: It is the cache that boosts the performance of the system. You will have to use the QuickBooks database server Manager in order to communicate with the corporate file setting through the most memory standing.
- You are required to save the file.
- Enter to take effect for the .ini file settings.
- Once done, turn off and switch on to avoid wasting the file.
In case you have Server only install, then the steps below can be carried out:
- From the CMD, type: Net stop QuickBooksDBXX
- From CMD, type: Net stop QBCFMonitorService and then start QBCFMonitorService
Related post: Steps to fix QuickBooks error codes 6000 80
Solution 2: Amend the settings of the cache to Server only Install
There are two ways for Server only Install:
Method 1: Sign-in Windows to check the cache setting
- Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksdb25\Parameter
- You might get a message as -n QB_SERVER_NAME-qs-qd ALL -qk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M
- Keep a record of the amount once –ch and -c
- Ensure that you have spelt each of message in the correct way and thus the PC will host the multi-user for only QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 2: Amend Settings within the written account
- Once you have saved your work sign out from QuickBooks.
- Now restrict the information service of QuickBooks and enter the internet stop QuickBooks DB25.
- Note that all the sound unit connections might stop and you may be unable to get back to the cursed work.
- The corrections can be easily created within the Windows written account.
- Location of the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooks.
The Value can be same as -n QB_SERVER_NAME-qs -gdALL -gk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M.
- Change -c 128M to -c 256M
- Change -ch 256M to -ch512M
- Now save all the changes that you created.
- You also need to open the prompt again to enter: Internet begin QuickBooks DB25.
- Now restart QuickBooks and see if still the error persists or not.
Before selecting any options, you are required to ensure that QuickBooks desktop Enterprise 14.0 or 15.0 is up to date to the latest version.
Steps to clear cache in QuickBooks enterprise
QuickBooks uses browser cache and cookies for running online faster. There are hardly any situations when cache and cookies let little problems. We will be checking out the cache related problems that you might face.
- QuickBooks continuously asks you to sign in even after signing several times.
- You might not see the form or suddenly the browser is taking an unusually long time to download the form.
- If you are facing any issues in exporting data.
Step 1: You can clear Intuit-specific cookies from the browser
At times, the browser’s cache stores the computer’s files for quicker response to users on their next visit. It also gets clogged with old files which can create minor issues. It is always recommended to practice clear cache on a timely basis.
Step 2: Clear Intuit specific cookies from browser
For Google Chrome:
- Start off with opening the Google Chrome browser, and then select the menu tab.
- Visit the settings tab.
- Go for the advanced and look for the site setting under the privacy and security tab.
- Hit a click on cookies and then site data.
- Look for all cookies and site data.
- Type Intuit to find Intuit cookies.
- Go for the remove.
- Reboot the browser for the changes to take effect.
For Mozilla Firefox
- If you are Mozilla Firefox user, then you need to visit the open menu.
- Choose preferences and look for Privacy security.
- Click on manage data under the option cookies and site data.
- Enter in Intuit and then select enter to view intuit cookies.
- Pick remove all option.
- Click on save changes.
- Restart the browser.
- You can launch safari and select the safari near the apple icon.
- And then, select preferences.
- Followed by moving to privacy.
- After that, select manage website data.
- And also, insert “Intuit” in search bar to discover intuit cookies.
- The next step is to select remove all and then click on remove now.
- Once done with that, select done.
- Last but not the least, restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
For Microsoft Edge:
Microsoft edge doesn’t permit you to delete site-specific cookies. In case of any issue, you can contact our QuickBooks professionals.
The above mentioned ways will easily correct the cache amount for QuickBooks desktop. However, if you face any error or stuck while performing the steps, then QuickBooks enterprise support team are always there for your assistance.
We are available 24/7 to help you and save your precious time and efforts. You can reach out to our professionals using our support helpline i.e. 1(800)761-1787 and our well trained and experienced experts will guide you with all facets of your accounting software. Thus, feel free to call us anytime, we will be happy to help you.
People also searched for: