All your need to know about Correcting Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise (QuickBooks Memory Leak)
Crashing into errors every now and then it is pretty much common with QuickBooks software, as it involves tons of algorithms and features. Intuit’s QuickBooks Enterprise is a holistic software that assists in managing finances, payroll details, inventory lists, and more. Medium and small-sized businesses across the globe heavily rely on this accounting software. However, this amazing software isn’t immune to technical glitches and errors. One such error that we are going to discuss is the incorrect cache amount for QuickBooks enterprise.
Cache memory is an important part of QuickBooks which is used by the information manager. At times the cache amount gets incorrect or non-default and this leads to slow running of your computer. This article contains a comprehensive guide on how you can correct the cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise. Get a good hold of this cache amount error by simply scrolling through the segment. Else, connect with our dedicated personnel using our QuickBooks error support helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787. This would definitely resolve the issue for you.
When to correct cache amount for QuickBooks desktop enterprise?
You need to correct the cache amount for QuickBooks enterprise solutions under the following conditions:
- When you try to shift to the newest version of Windows.
- When you are upgrading to the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Enterprise updated with the new launch.
- If the server restarts repeatedly.
Before correcting the cache amount for QuickBooks Enterprise, check if the application is updated to the newest version or not. If your QuickBooks is not up to date then there are 2 methods to update your QuickBooks desktop:
- Manual Update
- Automatic Update
You may also read: Resolve QuickBooks error 1402 when installing QuickBooks desktop
Solutions to Clear the Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
In this section, we have provided a complete procedure to correct the cache amount for the QuickBooks desktop enterprise. Following the procedure shall ensure that are no longer troubled by the QuickBooks memory leak issue. So, follow the steps as they are mentioned:
Solution 1: Operate QBW.ini File to correct memory cache amount
- Navigate to the location where the QBW.ini file is located.
- Proceed to C:\Program Data\ Intuit to launch the QBW.ini file.
- You are required to open the QBW.ini file and then add a DBSERVEROPTIONS section with the help of the chosen values.
InitialCache= 256 (‘None’)
MaxCache= 512 (‘Unlimited’)
- You have to choose the sound unit server choices with important values. The 2 choices are mentioned below:
- Initial Cache: You have to use the initial cache till the time the primary file is opened. It should be set to none or zero and it will not have any effect on the performance.
- Max Cache: It is the cache that boosts the performance of the system. You will have to use the QuickBooks database server Manager in order to communicate with the corporate file setting through the most memory standing.
- You are required to Save the file.
- Afterward, hit the Enter key to save the changes in the .ini file settings.
- Once done, turn it off and switch it on to avoid wasting the file.
In case you have Server only install, then the steps below can be carried out:
- From the CMD, type: Net stop QuickBooksDBXX
- From CMD, type: Net stop QBCFMonitorService and then start QBCFMonitorService
Solution 2: Alter the settings of the cache to Server only Install
There are two methods to change the c=settings of the cache for the Server only Install. These are elaborated below:
Step 1: Sign in to the Windows to check the cache setting
- Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooksdb25\Parameter
- You might get a message as -n QB_SERVER_NAME-qs-qd ALL -qk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M
- Keep a record of the amount once –ch and -c
- Ensure that you have spelt each of message in the correct way and thus the PC will host the multi-user for only QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 2: Alter Settings within the written account
- Once you have saved your work sign out from QuickBooks.
- Now restrict the information service of QuickBooks and enter the internet stop QuickBooks DB25.
- Note that all the sound unit connections might stop and you may be unable to get back to the cursed work.
- The corrections can be easily created within the Windows written account.
- Location of the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QuickBooks.
The Value can be the same as -n QB_SERVER_NAME-qs -gdALL -gk all -GP 4096 -gu all -ch 256M -c 128M.
- Change -c 128M to -c 256M
- Change -ch 256M to -ch512M
- Now save all the changes that you created.
- You also need to open the prompt again to enter: Internet begin QuickBooks DB25.
- Now reboot QuickBooks and see if still the error persists or not.
Before choosing any of these options, you are required to ensure that QuickBooks desktop Enterprise 14.0 or 15.0 is up to date to the latest version.
Clear cache in QuickBooks enterprise: Easy Steps
QuickBooks uses browser cache and cookies for running online faster. There are hardly any situations when cache and cookies let little problems. We will be checking out the cache-related problems that you might face.
- QuickBooks continuously asks you to sign in even after signing several times.
- You might not see the form or suddenly the browser is taking an unusually long time to download the form.
- If you are facing any issues in exporting data.
Clear Intuit-specific cookies from the browser
At times, the browser’s cache stores the computer’s files for quicker response to users on their next visit. It also gets clogged with old files which can create minor issues. It is always recommended to clear the cache on a timely basis.
(a) Google Chrome:
- Start off by opening the Google Chrome browser, and then choose the Menu tab.
- Visit the Settings tab.
- Go for the Advanced and look for the site setting under the Privacy and security tab.
- Hit on Cookies and then choose the Site data option.
- Look for all Cookies and site data.
- Type Intuit to find Intuit cookies.
- Opt to Remove.
- Reboot the browser for the changes to take effect.
(b) Mozilla Firefox
- If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, then visit the Open menu.
- Choose Preferences and look for Privacy security.
- Click on Manage data under the option Cookies and Site data.
- Enter in Intuit and then select Enter to view intuit cookies.
- Pick the Remove all option.
- Hit on Save changes.
- Restart the browser.
- You can launch Safari.
- Afterward, choose the Preferences option.
- Follow it up by moving to Privacy.
- Opt for the Manage website data option.
- Insert “Intuit” in the search bar to discover intuit cookies.
- Hit on Remove all and then choose Remove now.
- Once done with that, hit on Done.
- Last but not the least, restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
(d) For Microsoft Edge:
Microsoft Edge doesn’t permit you to delete site-specific cookies. In case of any issue, you can contact our QuickBooks professionals.
The above-mentioned ways will easily correct the cache amount for the QuickBooks Enterprise. However, if you face any error or get stuck while performing the steps, then our QuickBooks enterprise support team is always there for your assistance.
We are available 24/7 to aid you and save your precious time and efforts. You can reach out to our professionals using our support helpline i.e. 1(800)761-1787 and our well-trained and experienced experts will guide you in all the facets of the accounting software. Thus, feel free to call us anytime, we will be happy to help you.
People also searched for: