Facing error code 6154 and unable to decide what to do? Well, we have a solution for you. We have come up with this article, where we will be talking about the causes and fixes to the QuickBooks error code 6154. This error comes with an error message that might indicate what sort of error it is. Tackling out QuickBooks errors can be pretty much easy, once some sets of steps are performed.
Same applies to the QuickBooks error 6154, it can be resolved easily using some set of steps. Let us check out the fixes and other related information one by one. In case you don’t want to fix the error on your own, then feel free to contact our technical support team and we will provide you with immediate support services.
What causes the QuickBooks error 6154?
The QuickBooks error code 6154 can be caused due to a handful of factors, which include the following:
- In case the QuickBooks software fails to open the QuickBooks file.
- Also, if the QuickBooks software fails to open a specific file or folder.
When such an error appears, the user might not be able to access the company file.
You may also see: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 1310?
Solutions to perform to avoid QuickBooks error code 6154
The QuickBooks error code 6154 can be resolved using the below methods.
- In this method, you need to restart the system.
- And then use the Windows admin account to login into the system.
- The next step is to find the Folder having the company file.
- And also, open the folder and look for the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, try opening the QuickBooks company file that you wish to access.
- And check if the QuickBooks error still appears.
- You will first have to restart the PC
- And also, after the system has restarted, using Windows admin account to login to the system is suggested.
- The next step is to move the QuickBooks company file to a different location on the system and reset the Sync manager.
- To move the company file to different folder, you need to browse through the system and select a New location where you want your file.
- In the new location, make a New folder.
- After you are done with creating a new folder, move to the location of the file or folder that you wish to Copy or Move.
- Highlight the Item that you want to move to the new location.
- Next step is to press Ctrl + C keys too copy the item or press Ctrl + X to cut the item.
- Move to the new location and Paste the copied item by pressing Ctrl + V keys.
- To reset the QuickBooks sync manager, open your QuickBooks.
- In the QuickBooks menu bar, look for the Help menu and click on it.
- In the list of sub menu items that get opened, look for the Manage data sync option and click on it.
- Select the Reset sync manager option.
- A window will appear that will ask the user to enter the Application’s credentials login id and password.
- Wait for the Sync manager to finish the first sync.
- Check if the error is resolved or not.
- The first step in this method is to restart the system.
- And after the system is restarted, use Windows admin account to login into the system.
- Use the Sync now tab in order to sync the files or folders present in the C:\Drive of the system.
- Check for QuickBooks error 6154 occurrence.
Reading this article carefully, might be of great assistance to you, so as to get rid of the QuickBooks Error code 6154. However, if you are unable to tackle out the issue, even after performing the steps above, then in that case, do not think twice in consulting our QuickBooks error support team immediately via our toll free i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
More helpful articles: