Dealing with the QuickBooks desktop error 1612 isn’t a tough nut to crack, unless you perform the right set of steps. This particular write-up is going to brief you with the right set of steps that you can perform, so as to rectify the QuickBooks error code 1612 successfully. It is an error that often appears when we are trying to open the QuickBooks software or a company file. You can experience such an error when updating the software, or when the update process stops suddenly bringing an error message on your screen. The QuickBooks desktop error 1612 comes up with a warning message that says “Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible”.
Scrolling through this segment can be of great assistance in tackling through QuickBooks desktop error 1612. Whereas, if you aren’t interested in performing the steps manually, then connecting with our tech personnel will surely help. You can connect with our tech geeks using our support line at 1-800-761-1787.
What instigates QuickBooks error code 1612?
There are a couple of triggers that can drop you into such an error. Scroll down and find out the right causes:
- One of the most common cause can be a corrupted installation of QuickBooks.
- If there is an unauthenticated or invalid windows registry.
- You can also experience such an error if there is any sort of damage to the essential file as a result of a virus attack.
- Experiencing such an error is also common if there is a sudden power surge leading to shut down of the system.
- If the company file itself is corrupted, then such an error can be experienced.
Measures You Need To Take To Chuck Off QuickBooks Error Code 1612
Trying out the below-discussed set of steps will surely work in fixing the QuickBooks error code 1612. Let us explore:
- Herein, you are required to reset the patch, which means redownloading the patch if it doesn’t work once.
- Furthermore, you need to access the share download folder option and also turn it off and on one by one.
- Heading forward, you need to click on OFF and also click on the save tab.
- Next step is to turn it back on and click on the save tab.
- You are now required to perform the steps mentioned above once again.
- Or else repair the installation by adding or removing or uninstall and change the control panel.
For windows 7 and windows vista
- Being a windows 7 and vista user, you need to click on the start tab.
- Furthermore, open programs and features.
- You are now required to click on control panel.
- Once done with that click on programs and then click on program and features.
- You will then have to locate the windows installer error code associated program present under the name column.
- Now, click on windows installer associated entry.
- Click on uninstall tab.
- Perform the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
For windows 8
- Click on start tab.
- Right click to bring up the start context menu.
- Click on programs and features.
- Browse windows installer error code related issue.
- Click on windows installer related entry.
- Click on uninstall and change.
- Perform on-screen prompts.
For windows XP
- Herein, you need to click on start tab and also open programs and features.
- Click on control panel and then click on add or remove programs.
- You are then required to locate windows installer error code 1612 related issue under the list of currently installed programs.
- Click on the windows installer entry.
- Click on remove tab.
- Perform the steps that appear on your screen to complete the uninstall process.
You may read also: How to Quickly Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1311?
- Start off with clicking on the start menu.
- Click on the command in the search bar.
- Avoid hitting enter tab.
- Hold ctrl and shift and also hit enter tab.
- You will see a dialog box appearing on the screen.
- Where you need to click on yes tab.
- Furthermore, a black box with blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- Where you need to type in sfc/scannow and hit enter tab.
- The system file checker will start scanning.
- All you need to do is to perform the prompts that appear on the screen.
Performing the steps mentioned in this write up will surely assist you in tackling through QuickBooks error 1612. Just in case you aren’t able to deal with the issue even after performing the steps mentioned in above, then in that case, connect with our QuickBooks error support personnel using our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will ensure to provide you with the right guidance to chuck off the error from its root cause.