Learn the convenient ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code C=1304:
QuickBooks desktop error C=1304 is another common error encountered within the QuickBooks Desktop? Due to the technical complexities involved in QuickBooks desktop software, this accounting software is prone to a myriad of errors. Today, we are going to discuss the QuickBooks error C=1304 and get to the effective measures for fixing this issue. This particular error involves Microsoft Windows operating system and appears when installing or updating the QuickBooks desktop.
The error message that crops up on the screen will state as:
|Installer information||Error 1304. Error writing to file (filename).|
|C:\Windows\System32\THBImg45.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.|
Check that you have access to the directory. You might land up into this error due to any error in the CD or the CD drive. Or in case the .net component is damaged. In order to learn other related facts to QuickBooks error code C=1304, you simply have to go through this piece of writing.
What contributes to the QuickBooks error code C=1304?
The reasons behind QuickBooks error code 1304 can be many. So, before you step ahead and start implementing the fixes for the same, make sure to check out the root causes to this issue.
- Just in case there is any sort of damage with the Microsoft .NET components, then in that case you might land up into such an error.
- If the CD or disk gets damaged or the CD driver isn’t functioning properly.
- Another common reason can be if the CD drive possesses any issues.
- Some damage caused to the Windows files may also lead to QuickBooks Error C=1304.
You may also like: How easy is it to sync QuickBooks to another computer?
Quick Methods To Resolve The QuickBooks Error C=1304
Performing the below methods is recommended, so as to fix the QuickBooks error C=1304.
Method 1: Scan the system with reimage repair tool
This method requires scanning your PC by using the reimage repair tool. The steps to use this tool are given as under:
- This process requires you to download the Reimage repair tool.
- After downloading the tool, you are supposed to navigate to the downloaded file location and double-click on the downloaded file. You might now see the user account control prompt “if your non-existence to control the program”, where you are supposed to hit on the yes tab.
- You might see a welcome screen, where you need to ascertain that the checkbox remains unmarked in order to permit the repair tool to scan.
- Further, you have to make sure that the internet connection isn’t broken, the reimage tool will install itself.
- Moreover, the preliminary scan will also start.
- Once your scan is complete, you will be able to learn the damaged sectors of the PC and would be able to repair it.
- You now have to tap on the start repair tab in the bottom right corner.
- Reboot the system, when the repair process ends.
Method 2: Making use of installation CD to replace installation files
- Herein, you would have to replace the installation files from the CD to the hard drive.
- Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD drive. After the installation process begins, you would have to click on the Quit option.
- Move to the C: drive, further create a new folder and also paste the files there:
- You would have to opt for the desktop on the left pane of the window, in windows vista, and also click on organize and also click on the new folder.
- Once you are able to see the folder, you simply have to rename it to QuickBooks.
- Right-click the QuickBooks CD and tap on explore.
- Find QuickBooks and other third-party folders and also the setup.exe file in the right pane.
- You need to now hit the ctrl key and choose the folders and file.
- Right-click and opt for the copy option.
- Come back to QuickBooks and right click on it and tap on paste tab.
- From the folders that were copied earlier, you are required to install QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, open the QuickBooks folder where the files were copied.
- On the setup.exe file, you simply have to double-click to start the installation process.
- Conclude the installation process by following the onscreen directions.
Method 3: Restoring your system can fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
It is advisable that you revert back to the earlier system state by using the System Restore tool. This will make sure that any recent changes made to the system that instigated Error C=1304 are dealt with. Follow the brief walkthrough provided below to restore the system.
- You are supposed to initially login as the system admin.
- After that, hit on the start tab and choose all programs > system tools > accessories.
- Within accessories, you need to hit on the system restore settings.
- Now, choose to restore my computer to an earlier point option.
- Reorganize reduction from on the list, and hit on a modernize reduction list, followed by tapping on next.
- Finally, reboot your system once the restore process concludes.
- Access Quickbooks now to check if the QuickBooks Error C=1304 got fixed.
Fix issues while opting for system restore
If you face disruptions while accessing the System Restore tool from the start menu, or face other errors while using the tool, you should follow the directions below:
- Within the start menu, type ”rstrui” and hit the Enter key. This action will directly open the system restore window.
- If you are still troubled by certain issues/errors while launching the tool, then it is advisable to Run your system in the Safe Mode by opting for Safe mode in the System Configuration window. The same can be accessed via the Run window by typing ”MsConfig.”
- If the issue still persists, it is advisable to perform a disc clean up, and then try using the System restore once again.
Method 4: Repairing Microsoft Components should fix the snag
It is highly recommended that you repair the essential Microsoft components like the MSXML, .NET framework, C++, since their importance in the seamless functioning of Quickbooks is paramount. You can repair these components via the Control Panel.
- To begin with, head to the Control Panel via the Start menu, and then opt for Programs and Features tab.
- Herein, tap on the Microsoft components one by one and then right-click to choose Repair.
- Follow this procedure for all the Microsoft Components and then revisit QuickBooks to check if repairing these components helped get rid of the Quickbooks Error C=1304.
- If the error still exists, then you should uninstall these components individually and then re-install them from the official website of Microsoft.
Skeptical about choosing the right version of Microsoft Components? Use the System Update
If you are unaware of which version of the particular Microsoft component to opt for, then you should hit on the Start menu, and then type ”restore” within the Search box. Within the system update window, opt for Search for updates option A long list of updates shows up, wherein, you are required to opt for the Microsoft Components, including MSXML, C++, and .NET Framework. After downloading then, restart your system to allow the automatic installation of these updates. After re-installing all the components, restart Quickbooks and inspect if the QuickBooks Error C=1304 got rectified.
Winding up! Still, facing a dead stop due to Error C=1304? Call our support
Fixing the QuickBooks error code C=1304 can be a little easy, once you perform the methods given in this article with utmost care. However, if for some reason you continue to stumble upon this issue, then it is highly recommended to connect with our QuickBooks technical support team using our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787.