Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks database related error code C=1304:
Bumping into QuickBooks desktop error C=1304 or any other error in QuickBooks desktop? Well, it is a pretty much common, as QuickBooks desktop software involves numerous codes and algorithm updates. Today, we are going to discuss about this issue if in case you came across to QuickBooks error code C=1304. This particular error involves Microsoft windows operating system and appears when installing or updating the QuickBooks desktop. The error message that crops up on the screen will state as:
|Installer Information||Error 1304. Error writing to file (filename).|
|C:\Windows\System32\THBImg45.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory.|
Check that you have access to the directory. You might land up into this error due to any error in the CD or the CD drive. Or in case the .net component is damaged. In order to learn other related facts to QuickBooks error code C=1304, you simply have to go through this piece of writing.
What triggers to the QuickBooks error code C=1304?
The reasons behind QuickBooks error code 1304 can be many. So, before you step ahead and start implementing the fixes for the same, make sure to check out the root causes to this issue.
- Just in case there is any sort of damaged with the Microsoft .NET components, then in that case you might land up into such an error.
- If the CD or disk gets damaged or the CD driver isn’t functioning properly.
- Another common reason can be if the CD drive possess any issue.
You may also like: How easy is it to sync QuickBooks to another computer?
Quick methods to be taken to resolve the QuickBooks error message C=1304
Performing the below methods is recommended, so as to fix the QuickBooks error C=1304.
Method 1: Scan the system with reimage repair tool
- Under this process, you are supposed to download reimage repair tool.
- After that navigate to the file location and double click on the same. You might now see the user account controll prompt “if your non-existence to control the program”, where you are supposed to click on yes tab.
- You might see a welcome screen, where you need ascertain that the checkbox remains unmarked in order to permit the repair tool to scan.
- Further you have to ascertain that the internet connection isn’t broken, the reimage tool will install itself.
- Moreover, the preliminary scan will also start.
- Once your scan is complete, you will be able to learn the damaged areas of PC and would be able to repair.
- You now have to click on start repair tab in the bottom right corner.
- Reboot the system, when the repair process ends.
Method 2: Making use of installation CD to replace installation files
- Herein, you would have to replace the installation files from the CD to hard drive.
- Insert the QuickBooks CD into CD drive. After the installation process begins, you would have to click on Quit option.
- Move to the C: drive, and further create a new folder and also paste the files there:
- You would have to opt for the desktop on the left pane of the window, in windows vista, and also click on organize and also click on the new folder.
- Once you are able to see the folder, you simply have to rename it to QuickBooks.
- Right click the QuickBooks CD and click on explore.
- Find QuickBooks and other third-party folders and also setup.exe file in right pane.
- You need to now press ctrl key and select the folders and file.
- Right click and go for copy option.
- Come back to QuickBooks and right click on it and tap on paste tab.
- From the folders that were copied earlier, install QuickBooks desktop.
- Now open the QuickBooks folder where the files were copied.
- On the setup.exe file, you simply have to double click to start installation process.
- Conclude the process by following the onscreen process and complete the installation.
Method 3: Restore your system
- You are suggested to login as the system admin.
- After that click on start tab and choose all programs > system tools > accessories and click on system restore settings.
- Choose restore my computer to an earlier point option.
- Reorganize reduction from on the list, click a modernize reduction list and also hit next.
- Finally reboot your system once the restoration is complete.
Fixing the QuickBooks error code C=1304 can be a little easy, once you are thorough with the above stated set of steps. However, if for some reason you continue to stumble upon similar issue, then it is highly recommended to connect with our QuickBooks technical support team using our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787.