QuickBooks error code C=224 is a bit technical error that might appear when you try to export a report to an excel file. The QuickBooks company file permits you to store and access the accounting data. However, the file size of your company file could make it more susceptible to technical issues, one example is the QuickBooks error code C=224. This issue generally occurs when you attempt to back up the company file. This error is usually caused when the software tries to read an incorrect split line for an accounting or memorized transaction. The database error C=224 depicts that there is any kind of corruption in the transaction data.
If you have also stumbled upon this error, then reading this article carefully will guide you through the entire process to tackle it. If in case you need immediate technical help, then do not think much in ringing up at our dedicated helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and avail the best possible QuickBooks support instantly.
Situations when QuickBooks error C=224 arises
There can be a handful of situations when the QuickBooks error code C=224 might arise. Here are some examples:
- At the time of taking the backup of the company file or at the time of using file utility optimization.
- While running a report or while opening a corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- At the time of running the verify data utility or while running the rebuild data utility.
Triggers to the QuickBooks error code C=224
The below listed ones are the major causes due to which you might face the QuickBooks error code C=224.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company file can lead to this error.
- If the Transaction log file gets damaged somehow.
- Outdated QuickBooks application can be one of the major reasons for any technical issue.
- Any kind of damage in QuickBooks Windows registry files might lead to this issue.
You may also read: How to Troubleshoot Unable to Print Problem in QuickBooks?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code C=224
There are not a plenty of methods, but a couple of them would definitely work in fixing the QuickBooks error code C=224. Read ahead to unleash them:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
As we said before, many times outdated QuickBooks software can boost the error. Thus, we recommend to fix the error by updating the software:
- Launch the QuickBooks software and from under the Help tab, choose update QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the Update now tab and also clear all the previous update downloads by choosing the Reset update.
- Next step is to choose the Get updates option and then download the New update.
- Now wait for the download process to finish and then reboot the software.
- Pay heed to the prompts and install the new maintenance patch for QuickBooks.
Method 2: Eliminate the ecml files
- You need to press Windows + R keys.
- Moreover, type in C:\Program Data\Intuit|Entitlment Client\v8 in the Windows that open.
- You are further supposed to Delete the ecml file by opting for Delete option.
- Along with that close the window when it is done.
- Also, close QuickBooks and hit Continue tab to Register the product again.
Read Also: How to use QuickBooks remote access?
Method 3: Run QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utility
Another method is to run QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utility, by carrying out the steps below:
Step 1: Verify data utility
- Initially, open the QuickBooks software along with the company file.
- Head to the File menu.
- Now opt for the Utilities tab and then click on the Verify data option.
- Choose OK tab and begin with the verification process.
- When the process ends, tap on OK tab for the last time.
Step 2: Rebuild data
- Post the verification, you can Rebuild the data. For which you need to open QB and head to file menu.
- Navigate to the Utilities tab and then opt for the Rebuild data option. Now, click on OK for creating a backup. Now, store the backup file in the preferred location on the system.
- Left click the Next tab and select the Browse option, in order to look for a location for saving the backup file.
- Wait for the process to end and then hit OK to save the file.
- Concentrate on the on-screen instructions to rebuild the data successfully.
We hope that the above-mentioned methods are enough to fix the QuickBooks error C=224. But if you continue to experience the same problem, then it is highly recommended to consult a team of professionals, who can handle the situation and fix the error quickly. Simply contact our QuickBooks error support team via our dedicated helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787. And share you issues with our experts and certified ProAdvisors, who will provide you the best possible technical assistance possible.
More articles to read: