QuickBooks error code C=224 is a bit technical error that might appear when a user tries to export a report to an excel file. The QuickBooks company file permits the user to store and access the accounting data. However, the file size of the company file might make it prone to technical issues, one of which is the QuickBooks error code C=224. This kind of error is usually seen when the user tries to backup the company file. The error occurs when the software tries to read an invalid split line for an accounting or memorized transaction. The database error C=224 depicts that there is any kind of corruption in the transaction data.
If you have also stumbled upon any such error, then reading this article carefully will guide you through the entire process to tackle it. Thus, we recommend you read the article carefully till the end. Or if in case you need immediate technical help, then do not think much in ringing up at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and avail the best possible QuickBooks support instantly.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks Printer not Activated error code 20?
Situations when QuickBooks error C=224 arises
There can be a handful of situations when the QuickBooks error code C=224 might arise. A few of which are:
- At the time of taking the backup of the company file
- Or at the time of using file utility optimization
- While running a report
- Or while opening a corrupted QuickBooks company file
- At the time of running the verify data utility
- Or while running the rebuild data utility
Triggers to the QuickBooks error code C=224
The below listed ones are the major causes due to which the user might face the QuickBooks error code C=224.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company file can lead to such an error
- Also, if the Transaction log file gets damaged somehow
- Outdated QuickBooks application can be one of the major reasons for any technical issue
- Or any kind of damage in QuickBooks windows registry files might lead to this issue
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code C=224
There are not a plenty of methods, but a couple of them would definitely work in fixing the QuickBooks error code C=224. Read ahead to unleash them:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
As we said before, many times outdated QuickBooks software can boost the error. Thus, we recommend to fix the error by updating the software:
- The very first step is to launch the QuickBooks software and from under the help tab, choose update QuickBooks
- After that, navigate to the update now tab and also clear all the previous update downloads by choosing the reset update
- The next step is to select the get updates option and then download the new update
- Now, the user is required to wait for the download process to finish and then reboot the software
- The last step is to follow the prompts and install the new maintenance patch for QuickBooks.
Read Also: How to use QuickBooks remote access?
Method 2: Run QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utility
Another method is to run QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utility, by carrying out the steps below:
Step 1: Verify data utility
- Initially the user is required to open the QuickBooks software along with the company file
- And then, head to the file menu
- Now, opt for the utilities tab and then click on the verify data option
- After that choose OK tab and begin with the verification process
- Lastly, when the process ends, tap on OK tab for the last time
Step 2: Rebuild data
- Post the verification, the user can rebuild the data. For which the user needs to open QB and head to file menu
- The next step is to navigate to the utilities tab and then opt for the rebuild data option. Now, click on OK for creating a backup. Now, store the backup file in the preferred location on the system
- Left click the next tab and select the browse option, in order to look for a location for saving the backup file
- After this, wait for the process to end and then hit OK to save the file
- The last step is to follow the on-screen instructions to rebuild the data successfully
The above discussed methods are enough to fix the QuickBooks error C=224. But if in case the user continues to face the same issue, then in that case it is highly recommended to consult a team of professionals, who can handle the situation and fix the error without any further hassle.
You can simply contact our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. And share you issues with our experts and certified ProAdvisors, who will provide you with the best possible technical assistance immediately.
More articles to read: