QuickBooks error code C=224 is a bit technical error that might appear when you try to export a report to an excel file. The QuickBooks company file permits you to store and access the accounting data. However, the file size of the company file might make it prone to technical issues, one of which is the QuickBooks error code C=224. This kind of error is usually seen when you try to backup the company file. This error generally occurs when the software tries to read an invalid split line for an accounting or memorized transaction. The database error C=224 depicts that there is any kind of corruption in the transaction data.
If you have also stumbled upon tis error, then reading this article carefully will guide you through the entire process to tackle it. Thus, we recommend you read the article carefully till the end. Or if in case you need immediate technical help, then do not think much in ringing up at our dedicated helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and avail the best possible QuickBooks support instantly.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks Printer not Activated error code 20?
Situations when QuickBooks error C=224 arises
There can be a handful of situations when the QuickBooks error code C=224 might arise. A few of which are:
- At the time of taking the backup of the company file.
- Or at the time of using file utility optimization.
- While running a report.
- Or while opening a corrupted QuickBooks company file.
- At the time of running the verify data utility.
- Or while running the rebuild data utility.
Triggers to the QuickBooks error code C=224
The below listed ones are the major causes due to which you might face the QuickBooks error code C=224.
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks company file can lead to such an error.
- Also, if the Transaction log file gets damaged somehow.
- Outdated QuickBooks application can be one of the major reasons for any technical issue.
- Or any kind of damage in QuickBooks windows registry files might lead to this issue.
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code C=224
There are not a plenty of methods, but a couple of them would definitely work in fixing the QuickBooks error code C=224. Read ahead to unleash them:
Method 1: Updating QuickBooks to the latest version
As we said before, many times outdated QuickBooks software can boost the error. Thus, we recommend to fix the error by updating the software:
- Launch the QuickBooks software and from under the help tab, choose update QuickBooks.
- After that, navigate to the update now tab and also clear all the previous update downloads by choosing the reset update.
- Next step is to choose the get updates option and then download the new update.
- Now, wait for the download process to finish and then reboot the software.
- The last step is to follow the prompts and install the new maintenance patch for QuickBooks.
Read Also: How to use QuickBooks remote access?
Method 2: Run QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utility
Another method is to run QuickBooks verify and rebuild data utility, by carrying out the steps below:
Step 1: Verify data utility
- Initially, open the QuickBooks software along with the company file.
- And then, head to the file menu.
- Now, opt for the utilities tab and then click on the verify data option.
- After that choose OK tab and begin with the verification process.
- Lastly when the process ends, tap on OK tab for the last time.
Step 2: Rebuild data
- Post the verification, you can rebuild the data. For which you need to open QB and head to file menu.
- The next step is to navigate to the utilities tab and then opt for the rebuild data option. Now, click on OK for creating a backup. Now, store the backup file in the preferred location on the system.
- Left click the next tab and select the browse option, in order to look for a location for saving the backup file.
- After this, wait for the process to end and then hit OK to save the file.
- The final step is to follow the on-screen instructions to rebuild the data successfully.
The above discussed methods are enough to fix the QuickBooks error C=224. But if in case you continues to face the same issue, then in that case it is highly recommended to consult a team of professionals, who can handle the situation and fix the error without any further hassle.
You can simply contact our QuickBooks error support team via our dedicated helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787. And share you issues with our experts and certified ProAdvisors, who will provide you with the best possible technical assistance immediately.
More articles to read: