Learn what’s new and improved in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2021:
Are you a QuickBooks desktop for Mac user? If yes, then this article will be of much help to you. Today, we will be talking about the new and improved features of QuickBooks desktop for Mac. The QuickBooks desktop for Mac has come up with its latest release i.e. the QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021. This release comes with new features and functionalities that simplifies the process of accounting and bookkeeping, and ultimately enhancing the productivity of the business. QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021 has come up with some enhanced features to make receiving payments easier, and also boost the cash flow. The latest release puts the most important information and insights at small business fingertips. The streamlined experience gives its users quick access to the important aspects and also assists in completing tasks more quickly and easily.
If you are interested in knowing these features and functionalities of QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021 release, then make sure that you read this article carefully till the end. Or you can also talk to our QuickBooks professionals and ask them the new features and functionalities of QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021. Call us at 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on our team of experts and certified experts.
You may also like: How to Download Install & Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool?
New and improved features of QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021
As we mentioned earlier, there are various new and improved features of QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021. Let us check out each of the feature one by one:
Automated payment reminders
With the new QuickBooks desktop 2021, one can easily set reminders for customers when their invoices are due. This particular feature is designed in a way to save you from the manual task of following up on overdue invoices by automating the process of sending the payments due reminder emails. The user can easily schedule payment reminders along with configuring the way you want the reminder emails to read video.
Here’s how to create a payment reminder:
- The first step is to move to the customers tab, and then click on payment reminders. Also, select Schedule payment reminders.
- After that, select (+) from the customer center and then give the group a name
- Followed by selecting the customers you would like to add to the group from the customer: job panel
- The next step is to select OK tab, when you are done with adding customers to the group
- Now, select the customer group from the customer center, select payment reminders tab
- The user will then have to select gear icon and then choose new payment reminder
- Lastly, customize the reminder description, reminder date, and any other information and hit OK tab
The modernize reporting feature helps in customizing, usability, presentation, and navigation. This feature allows to easily create customized reports and also enables real-time report updates that show changes automatically. The user needs to follow in the what’s new window, when you first launch QuickBooks for Mac or from the help > what’s new in QuickBooks? Menu.
In the reporting sidebar, the user will get three tabs, i.e. options, filters, and format. This gives reporting more advanced features, streamline the process of creating a report design that fits for the requirements.
Steps to combine multiple emails
- At first, the user needs to select email forms from the file menu. These are all of the forms you have selected to email at a later time
- The next step is to select the forms you wish to send
- Also, choose the checkbox for combine forms to a recipient in one email
- The last step is to select send, when you are done.
Enhanced company snapshot
Using a centralized dashboard, one can get hands on customizable date ranges, layouts and widgets, to get more visibility into the business and help in seeing the business data. With the help of the improved snapshot, the user can get great detectable quality regarding the business with a customized dashboard, along with adjustable information extents, format, and gadgets.
With this latest feature, the user can enjoy the facility to send customers online invoices using a credit card, e-payment options. Also, accepting ACH, credit cards, e-payments for payment you can save your time and get paid faster, as there is no need to make manually record and process payments.
The user can now send statement with payment links that encourage customers to immediately settle their business via an online payment portal.
How to use e-statements
- The first step is to move to the customers menu and then choose create statements
- Also, select the statement dates and customers, and choose allow online payments
- The next step is to when you are ready to send these statements to the customers, then select email
QuickBooks software creates a pay online link in the body of the email. And also selecting this link takes the customer to a secure online payment portal, where they can input their banking information, debit card, or credit card.
In order to record payments and deposits, the steps below can be followed:
- At first, the user needs to move to the customers menu and choose record merchant service deposits
- And then select the transactions and also choose record
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Combining invoice emails
Another feature that rolled in with QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021 is the combine invoice emails feature. Now, the user can receive quicker payments by enabling customers to receive multiple invoices in just one easy to process email. The user can transmit all of the customer’s invoices to them attached to a single email without having to manually combine them outside of QuickBooks Mac. This feature will save a lot of time, and customers will over the fact that they no longer must open one email after another.
Sales tax codes
The user can record transactions using specific sales tax codes for out of state orders, multiple districts, and non-profit organizations. One can easily spot all the sales tax liabilities by specific sales tax codes on the sales tax revenue summary.
Steps for setting up sales tax codes
- The first step is to move to the lists menu and choose sales tax codes
- Once done with that select add (+) for opening the New sales tax code window
- The next step is to enter the code in the code field. Below are some common sales tax codes examples:
- OOS for out-of-state sales
- LBR for labor services
- NPO for non-profit organizations
- GOV for sales to government offices
- WHL for wholesalers
- RSL for resellers
- In case the sales tax code that you are creating is taxable, the user needs to select the checkbox next to taxable. In case it is not taxable, then leave the checkbox clear
- Also, add a description for the sales tax code, and then select next, if you have another sales tax code to add
- Once done with that, the user needs to select OK.
Restoring backup workflow
The user can simply restore QuickBooks files quickly with a simple to use backup file restore wizard. A few QuickBooks mac users have reported that the process to restore backup was too cumbersome, so with the new feature of restore backup wizard intended to streamline the process.
Once you open QuickBooks, you will be able to restore backup file from the No company open screen. This can be done as follows:
- The first step is to open QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021
- And then, from the No company open screen, and select backup file you would like to restore
- The next step is to select restore and review the company file information and attachment library that will be restored, and choose continue tab
- Once done with that QuickBooks gives the user an option to review and/or change the name and location of the files
- The last step is to select save
QuickBooks restores the company file and re-associates the attachment library, if included one. After the backup is done, the user can log in to QuickBooks.
Customized charts of accounts
The QuickBooks accounting software will create a chart of accounts, on the base of industry selection. In order to track the income and expenses, and also the user can remove the accounts that aren’t in much use.
Another great feature that rolled in with this release, was tracking payment for particular contractors in QuickBooks for Mac at the end of the year. The user can generate the information required to provide the form 1099 and reports must be provided to the contractors and local tax authority.
iCloud document sharing
The iCloud document sharing feature helps in sharing the data from one Mac to another. The user can also share the data in multiple systems using this particular feature.
Also Read: How to Resolve Script Error in QuickBooks?
Bounced check processing
The newly introduced feature of bounced check processing, allows the user to easily process to bounced checks. This saves the money, as the user needs not to pay accounts to correct the incorrect recorded bounced checks. In case there is any issue in the check received from the customer, and already deposited the check into the account, this feature will help in easily recording it and charging the customer a fee, only if you want.
One Intuit ID
Intuit One ID is a new feature that is used to link the Intuit account ID to the company file. After the user upgrades the company file to the 2021 version, the user will log in using the Intuit account. This will make it easier to manage the account, and view the customer purchase history, and also use services like Payroll, Merchant services, e-invoicing and more….
In order to manage the Intuit account:
- The user needs to at first move to the QuickBooks menu and select preferences
- After that select Intuit account icon
- And then select the sign in tab and log in to the Intuit account if you are not already
- After you have signed in, the user needs to select manage your account. The user will be taken to the Intuit QuickBooks website, where the user can manage the products and or services.
System Requirements of QuickBooks Desktop for MAC 2021
To run the QuickBooks Desktop for MAC 2021 on your system you have following system requirements:
Related Article: Steps to Update QuickBooks for Mac to the latest release
A Final Note..!
We conclude the article over here, with the hope that the information shared in above and the features mentioned in this article, would be enough for you to understand the QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2021. In case of any query, or for any further assistance, you can call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks Desktop Support experts and certified professionals will be there to help you.