Experiencing QuickBooks error code 2002 and don’t know what is to be done? Well, we have got you covered. This segment is going to brief you with the right steps to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 2002. You might experience such an error when you or any user try to create a new data file but fail to do so during payroll due to some or the other issues. When using QuickBooks payroll, you might get a prompt to provide a PIN and Error 2002 might appear if you enter a wrong PIN.
Scroll through this segment to find out the right set of steps to implement to get rid of QuickBooks error 2002. However, if you aren’t interested in implementing the steps manually, then in that case you can connect with our tech personnel using our helpline.
Why you land into QuickBooks error code 2002?
You can land into such an error due to the following factors. Let us have a look:
- Just in case you have entered incorrect PIN, when asked to using QuickBooks payroll.
- If there is any issue with the data file.
- If QuickBooks payroll might not be updated to the latest version.
Essential points to be kept in mind
You are recommended to keep the below pointers in mind, before you head with the set of steps to fix the QuickBooks error code 2002:
- The PIN should be between 8 to 12 characters.
- The Pin should be a combination of at least one letter and one number.
- Also, note that the PIN is a case sensitive therefore check caps lock as well as the num lock, when entering the PIN.
- Request for payroll transaction.
You may also see: Steps to opening a QuickBooks company file stored on another computer
Solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 2002
Resolving the QuickBooks error code 2002 becomes easy once you scroll through the below stated set of steps. Let us explore each method one by one:
Measure 1: Re-entering the PIN
You might land into such an error due to incorrect pin being entered when using QuickBooks payroll. Thus, we recommend you to retype the PIN correctly or create a new PIN to overcome the issue.
Measure 2: Running QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub in the latest version.
- Install the same.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to run the tool.
- See a tab of company file issue and click on it.
- There will be an option of run QuickBooks file doctor.
- You now have to click on the option to download it from the tool hub or you can also download it from the official site directly.
- This might take some time to open.
- Click on the company file drop-down menu.
- Choose the file you wish to fix.
- If the file isn’t available in the company file drop-down, then browse and search to find out the file.
- Click on the check your file option and then click on continue tab.
- Enter in the admin password and hit next tab.
- The scan process might take some time, it depends upon the file size.
- Once the scanning process ends, open QuickBooks and the company file to ensure the issue is fixed.
Measure 3: Running repair utility
- You are recommended to open QuickBooks as an admin by using admin ID and password.
- Furthermore, download payrollsubini.exe and run it in the system.
- Click on the repair utility option to run the utility.
- Check the available payroll updates. Follow the process below:
- Head to the employees tab and choose payroll updates tab.
- You now have to update the software.
- Hit OK tab.
- Close and reopen the QuickBooks to ensure the functionality of the repair utility.
Coming to the end of this segment, we expect that tackling the QuickBooks error code 2002 might be a little easy, once you implement the steps we have discussed in above. Whereas, if you continue to face the same issue again and again, then in that case connecting with our QuickBooks payroll technical support team is recommended. You can contact our tech geeks using our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our team will ensure to assist you with the right set of steps.