Experiencing QuickBooks error code 2002 and don’t know what is to be done? Well, we have got you covered. This segment is going to brief you with the right steps to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 2002. You might experience such an error when you or any user try to create a new data file but fail to do so during payroll due to some or the other issues. When using QuickBooks payroll, you might get a prompt to provide a PIN and Error 2002 might appear if you enter a wrong PIN.
Scroll through this segment to find out the right set of steps to implement to get rid of QuickBooks error 2002. However, if you aren’t interested in implementing the steps manually, then in that case, you can connect with our tech personnel using our helpline number, 1-800-761-1787.
Common Contributory Causes to QuickBooks Error 2002
You can land into such error for several factors. We have earmarked some of the most conspicuous causes behind the error. Let us have a closer look:
- Just in case you have entered an incorrect PIN when asked to use QuickBooks payroll.
- If there is any issue with the data file.
- Having a bad internet connection can contribute to QuickBooks error 2002.
- If QuickBooks payroll might not be updated to the latest version.
Important points to note
You are recommended to take note of the below-enumerated pointers to fix the QuickBooks error code 2002:
- The PIN should be between 8 to 12 characters.
- The Pin should be a combination of at least one letter and one number.
- Also, note that the PIN is case sensitive therefore check the caps lock as well as the num lock keys when entering the PIN.
- Request for payroll transaction.
You may also see: Steps to opening a QuickBooks company file stored on another computer
Easy Resolutions to Fix the QuickBooks Payroll Error 2002
Resolving the QuickBooks error 2002 becomes easy once you scroll through the below-stated set of steps. Let us explore each method one by one:
Fix 1: Re-entering the correct PIN should fix the error
You might land into such an error due to an incorrect pin being entered when using QuickBooks payroll. Thus, we recommend you retype the PIN correctly or create a new PIN to overcome the issue. While entering your PIN you should ensure that the case is case-sensitive and the characters \within the PIN should be between 8 to 12.
Fix 2: Make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub in the latest version.
- Install the same.
- Agree to the Terms and conditions to run the tool.
- See a tab of the Company file issue and tap on it.
- There will be an option to run QuickBooks file doctor.
- You now have to hit on the option to Download it from the tool hub or you can also download it from the official site directly.
- This might a while to open.
- Choose the Company file drop-down menu.
- Then, opt for the file that you wish to fix.
- If the file isn’t available in the company file drop-down, you can Browse and search to find out the file.
- Hit on the Check your file option and then choose the Continue tab.
- Enter the Admin password and tap on the Next tab.
- The scan process might take some time, it depends upon the file size.
- Once the scanning process ends, open QuickBooks and the company file to ensure the issue is fixed.
Fix 3: Use the repair utility to fix QuickBooks error 2002
- You are recommended to launch QuickBooks as an admin by using an Admin ID and password.
- Furthermore, download payrollsubini.exe and run it in the system.
- Tap on the Repair utility option to run the utility.
- Check the Available payroll updates. Follow the process below:
- Head to the Employees tab and tap on the Payroll updates tab.
- You now have to update the software.
- Hit the OK tab.
- Close and reopen the QuickBooks to ensure the functionality of the repair utility.
That’s it ! Summing up!
Arriving at the conclusion of this segment, we expect that the process to fix the QuickBooks error 2002 might be a little easy, once you implement the steps we have discussed in above.
Whereas, if you continue to face the same issue again and again, then in that case connecting with our QuickBooks payroll technical support team is recommended. You can contact our tech geeks using our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our team will ensure to assist you with the right set of steps.