Learn how to setup, install updates for Intuit Data Protect:
Are you seeking for a step-by-step walkthrough for the process to setup, install and update Intuit data protect? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. In this article, we are going to provide you an insight into the Intuit data protect, including its set up process, it’s install and update process, and a few other associated facts. Intuit Data Protect is a backup service that works in conjunction with QuickBooks. You may program it to back up your data every day.
We’ll go over the steps for setting up, installing, and updating the Intuit data protection one by one. So, without further delay, let us get right to the point of the post. But if in case you are seeking for effective strategies to setup, install and update intuit, proceed to the related piece of information. Or discuss regarding the same with our accounting professionals. They will assist you round the clock.
You may also like: How to Fix backup company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
Brief into Intuit data protect
Before we embark on the processes of setting up, installing and updating Intuit data protect, it is very pertinent to unravel few facts about this service. Intuit data protect is basically a subscription-based back-up providing service from Intuit. You can make use of this service for creating backups for the data files and folders stored on QuickBooks. Intuit data protect safeguards the data against data loss, theft, file corruption, and other dangers.
To ensure that the data is safe, it is critical to keep the QuickBooks data files and system secure. With this service, you can either go for creating backup for the QuickBooks files only or create a backup for the entire system. It is compatible with QuickBooks 2011 and later versions of the software.
System configuration for installing Intuit Data protect
- Operating system – Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2011, Windows server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Standard and essentials.
- Browser- Internet explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari browser.
- System Hardware- 4 GB RAM, 4 GHz Processor, at leas 5 GB of free disk space, 4X DVD-ROM drive (in case installing from a CD), 1280 x 1024 screen resolution.
Steps to set up Intuit data protect
The steps involved in setting up Intuit data protect are as follows:
- To begin, you must open QuickBooks on the system or server where the QuickBooks company file is stored. To find out, press the F2 key in QuickBooks.
- Then go to the File menu, choose the Backup company, and then Set up online backup.
- Now sign in with the Email address you used to register.
- Once the setup is finished, choose Continue.
- Select the QuickBooks company file, followed by choosing Continue. In case you possess the system plan, then choose the folder you want to back up and then hit on Continue.
- You now need to check-mark the box accompanying Back up local selected documents and then hit Continue.
- Now, choose the Files and folders you want to backup and then hit on Continue.
- Also, schedule the Daily backup and then hit Continue again.
- To conclude the process, ensure that you Setup the notification settings and then hit Continue.
Please note that the first backup might take several hours. It depends on the number of company files and their file size. You need not to worry, as the backups after the first one would hardly take a couple of minutes. You can also see the below given video in order to setup the intuit data protect.
Also Read: Methods to Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Why is it important to update Intuit data protect?
Keeping the Intuit data protect up to date is deemed essential as it infers that you are protected from a myriad of internet risks. It also ensures better security, faster performance, and seamless information security.
- You should keep the Intuit data protect up to date, as it offers advanced security to safeguard critical information and prevent data theft.
- You can also benefit from increased web application and tool performance.
- Improved stability on various operating systems is another option.
- Complete data safety and protection from data loss is another advantage of updating Intuit data protect.
Steps to Update Intuit data protect in QuickBooks
It is recommended that you update Intuit data protect frequently to leverage the most out of it. If you have automatic updates enabled, the software will automatically download the update. You can also manually check for updates at any time.
The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- Initially, Download the latest update for Intuit data protect, by choosing the update QuickBooks option from the Help menu.
- Then, choose the Update now option.
- Make sure that you select Data protect from the list, followed by choosing the Get updates option.
- Subsequently, hit on Install update and select the Up arrow on the desktop toolbar.
- Afterward, right-click the Intuit Data protect icon and then choose About Intuit data protect.
- Now, choose the Update option.
- And also hit OK once finished.
Process to make a backup with Intuit data protect
Now that you are well apprised of the steps to set up and update Intuit data protect, let us find out the procedure to create a backup by taking aid of the Intuit data protect. It backs up the files and folders automatically once a day. You can also backup manually at any point of time. Let us explorer the steps involved in backing up.
- Right-click the Intuit data protect icon and then choose the Open Intuit data protect. The icon might look like a green padlock on the windows toolbar.
- And then opt for the Back up now option.
- Thereafter, choose the Files and folders that you want to back up.
- Hit on Continue.
- Now choose the Backup now option Also, you will receive a message stating that the “Backup is Successful“.
- The final step is to choose the OK button.
See Also: QuickBooks Unable To Locate PDF Viewer – How to Resolve this error?
Intuit data protect can be of immense assistance if installed and updated correctly. If you want further assistance related to Intuit data protect, you are invited to schedule a call with our U.S based CPA’s and accounting personnel at our dedicated support line at 1-800-761-1787 and let our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team handle the situation on your behalf. They will carry out the process smoothly, ensuring no further mess.
Other helpful articles:
Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Desktop Pro/Premier
What is TLS 1.2 for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows?
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H505?