Learn how to setup, install updates for Intuit Data Protect:
Are you in search of the process to setup, install and update Intuit data protect? If yes, then you have landed on the right place. In today’s article, we are going to talk about the Intuit data protect, its set up process, its install and update process, and a few other associated facts. Intuit Data protect is basically a backup service that works with QuickBooks. The user can set it up, in order to back up the data every day. We will be exploring the process to set up, install, and update the Intuit data protect one by one. So, without wasting time, let us quickly jump on to the article.
But if in case you are seeking for effective strategies to setup, install and update intuit, proceed to the related piece of information. Or discuss regarding the same with our accounting professionals. They will assist you round the clock.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1330?
Brief into Intuit data protect
Before we learn the processes of setting up, installing and updating Intuit data protect, it is very much important to unleash a few facts about this service. Intuit data protect is basically a subscription-based back-up providing service from Intuit. The user can make use of this service for creating backups for the data files and folders stored on QuickBooks. Intuit data protect basically safeguards the data against data loss, theft, file corruption, and other dangers. It is very important to keep the QuickBooks data files and system secured to ensure that the data is safe. With this service, the user can either go for creating backup for the QuickBooks files only or create a backup for the entire system. It is compatible with QuickBooks 2011 and later versions of the software.
Steps to set up Intuit data protect
The steps involved in setting up Intuit data protect are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to open the QuickBooks on the system or server that is having the QuickBooks company file. Or press F2 key in QuickBooks to find out.
- After that visit the file menu and then select the back up company and then set up/activate online backup
- Now, sign in with the email you used when you signed up. It is a bit different for the QuickBooks login
- And then, after the setup is complete hit continue
- Also, select the QuickBooks company file, and then hit continue. In case you have the entire system plan, then choose the folder you want to back up, also hit continue
- The next step is to select the checkbox for back up local selected documents and then hit continue
- Now, the user needs to choose the files and folders he/she wants to backup and then hit continue
- Also, schedule the daily backup and then hit continue again
- To end the process, make sure you setup the notification settings and hit continue
It should be noted that the first backup might take several hours. It actually depends on the number of files and also the file size. The user need not to worry, as the backups after the first one would hardly take a couple of minutes. You can also see the below given video in order to setup the intuit data protect.
Steps to Update Intuit data protect
It is recommended to update Intuit data protect occasionally for improvements. If the user is having automatic updates turned on, then the software itself will download the update for you. Or the user can also check for updates manually at any time. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, download the latest update for Intuit data protect, by selecting update QuickBooks from the help menu
- And then select the update now tab
- Ensure that you have selected the data protect from the list, and then choose the get updates option
- After that install update and select the up arrow on the desktop toolbar.
- The next step is to right click the Intuit Data protect icon and then choose About Intuit data protect
- Now, select update option
- And also select ok once finished
Process to make a backup with Intuit data protec
Now that you have learnt the steps to set up and update Intuit data protect, it is time to find out the process to make a backup with Intuit data protect. It backs up the files and folders automatically once a day. The user can also backup manually at any point of time. Let us explorer the steps involved in backing up.
- The very first step is to right click the Intuit data protect icon and then choose the Open Intuit data protect. The icon might look like a green padlock on the windows toolbar
- And then choose the back up now option
- Followed by selecting the files and folders that you want to back up. Also, hit continue
- Now, choose the backup now. Also, the user will receive a message stating that the backup is successful
- The last step is to select OK button.
Intuit data protect can be of great assistance, if installed and updated properly. Moreover, schedule a call with our U.S based CPA’s and accounting personnel at our dedicated support line 1-800-761-1787, and let our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team handle the situation on your behalf. They will carry out the process smoothly, ensuring no further mess.
Other helpful articles: