Improper settings and configuration of QuickBooks in multi-user environment often leads to QuickBooks error 80040408. You might come across such an error with a warning message that states “Begin session error code: 80040408 could not start QuickBooks”.
Furthermore, you might find this QuickBooks error code 80040408 to be a bit confusing to handle, considering which, we have come up with this particular segment, where we will be having an in-depth discussion related to causes and fixes of QuickBooks error code 80040408. Stick to the space, and unleash the procedures you can follow to shun off the error easily.
You might also read: How to Resolve the Error in XML Document in QuickBooks?
What triggers the QuickBooks error code 80040408?
You might be facing this sort of issue, due to the following factors:
- When you try to open QuickBooks startup option and it is turned as on, then this error could be seen.
- Moreover, if you are having different QuickBooks file names. Or if a user has opened QuickBooks to a different file or the name of the QB file has been changed by a user in their systems, and no longer matches the name that was originally used when added to the QQube configuration tool heading.
- Another trigger for this issue can be when the software is opened by someone else in single-user mode.
- If you have multiple QB company files at the same time, then such an error could be a great trigger.
- Or if the QuickBooks software is open to a particular company file before trying to load multiple company files on the same time.
Procedures to fix QuickBooks error code 80040408
Performing the below procedures can be of great assistance in tackling the QuickBooks error code 80040408. Let us check out the below steps one by one:
- Under this process, you need to turn off the Quick start feature in QuickBooks.
- Further, move to the general and click on my preferences tab.
- The next step is to uncheck keep QuickBooks running for quick startup option.
- Herein, you need to open QQube configuration tool.
- Later on, click on database and then show more tab.
- Last step is to check mark the synchronizer and database manager options in case found unchecked.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
- In this particular method, you need to open QQube configuration tool.
- And further, click on QuickBooks company list.
- You need to hit a click on change path at the bottom right corner of the window.
- You further need to browse and locate the company file on the system.
- Once you open QuickBooks application, make sure to open it up with no company file selected as if there is already a file opened in the application then QuickBooks not permit you to open multiple files and will give you the error.
- In this particular method, you need to check that the name that you have initially set up in QQube configuration tool for the company file tallies the company file name on the system. In case you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user mode, then it is not possible to make changes to the name of the company file directly from QQube configuration tool. In such situations you can make changes to the company name file only from the server.
This is the last method that you can opt for. Wherein, you need to logout all the other users from QuickBooks account. This can be seen if some other user is trying to perform any administrative task by remotely logging on into QuickBooks.
Alternate methods you may try
Relocating the company file back to the its original location is suggested, in case the error appeared after changing the location of the company file. You can perform the below steps:
- Start off with finding the location where the file is currently saved.
- Look for search bar in the file explorer.
- Copy the file with the qbw file extension.
- Moreover, paste it on the desktop, so that it can be moved.
- Along with that open the QuickBooks application and click on open or restore an existing company.
- Choose open a company file and also click on next tab.
- Now, from the browse section and locate the file by going to the desktop.
- Next, hit a click on the file and also hit open tab.
- This will open QuickBooks and now you can easily move the file to any other location.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 557?
That was all that you need to know about the QuickBooks error code 80040408. In case of any query, comments, or concerns, call us at 1-800-761-1787! Our 24/7 QuickBooks error support representatives are ready to help you 24/7, 365 days a year!
Other articles you may consider