Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6073, 99001 When you try opening your company file:
No matter how much you try to work with no bugs on QuickBooks, some or the other bug might shatter your desire. Even after being a great software with bundles of features, even this software has a downside i.e., the error that you might often face, while working on it. One such common error is the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. This error is usually seen when you open the company file in the multi-user mode. This error comes up with an error message stating:
“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…”
This is a very common error, which you would find a bit difficult to handle. Considering all the facts, we have come up with this article, where we will be talking about the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001, its causes and fixes. So you would have to read the piece of information carefully to unleash the ways to fix the QuickBooks company file error 6073 and 99001. You can also contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team and U.S. based accounting professionals using our helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and get your queries answered immediately.
You may also like: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 15215?
QuickBooks error code 6073, -99001 and its causes
QuickBooks error code 6073, 99001 is usually seen when you make an attempt of opening a company file with the file extension .qbe in multi-user mode. An error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” might appear on the screen. You are recommended to switch to multi-user mode, so that you can use both company file at the same time. The file can also be spotted in a read only network folder, if it is, the it is recommended to ask the system administrator to make the file accessible. Error 6073, -99001 is usually seen due to a couple of reasons, some of the common ones are listed below:
- If the file is open on another system in single-user mode.
- You can also face the error code if the file is being accessed using a remote software and the host system sees that you are still logged on.
- If the file is located in a read only network folder.
- In case the files are hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
Solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
There can be a handful of solutions that you can implement in resolving the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. Let us check out those methods one by one:
Solution 1: Using the QuickBooks file doctor
You can make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool, by carrying out the steps below:
- For this, you can download the most recent version of the QuickBooks tool hub from here. And save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- Opening the file which was downloaded earlier is the next recommended step.
- Pay heed to the onscreen set of steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double click the icon on the windows desktop for the purpose of opening the tool hub.
- Furthermore, pick company file issues tab from QuickBooks tool hub.
- Tap on the run QuickBooks file doctor tab. This might take a minute, but if the tool fails to launch, then you are required to launch the file manually.
- Pick the company file option from the drop-down menu in the tool. In case you are unable to find it, then select the browse option.
- Select check your file option and also hit continue.
- Ultimately, enter admin password and then hit next.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 15241?
Solution 2: The network data files (.nd) and transaction log files (.tlg) are usually labelled as the hidden files
- For this, open my computer and then move to the tools menu and also click on folder options.
- Head towards the view tab and also click on show hidden files and folders.
- Open data folder to see the network data files and transaction log file.
- Right click the network data file and choose properties.
- Concludingly, delete hidden option and click on OK tab.
Solution 3: Rename Corrupted or unavailable network data file
- In this particular method, you need to open the windows explorer.
- Search for the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file.
- Proceed further by right clicking on the company file with network data and QB company file extension.
- Modify the file extension from .old and then hit enter.
- Opening the QuickBooks and company file is then recommended.
- Last step is to make another network data file for the company file.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks error 6000, 832?
Solution 2: Manually resolve the error
Condition 1: If the company file is open in single-user mode in another workstation
- Starting off with closing QuickBooks desktop in all systems.
- Open the company file on the host system.
- Proceed to the file menu and also pick switch to multi-user mode.
- Last step is to reboot all the workstations, if the issues repeats.
Condition 2: If the company file is open in single user mode on the host system
- In such a case, head towards the file menu and then tap on close company.
- Furthermore, reopen the company file and then direct towards the file menu, also select open or restore company.
- Tap on open a company file and hit next.
- Elect the company file.
- Last of all open the file multi-user mode and then click on open.
Condition 3: In case the company file is located in a read only network folder
- For this particular situation, you are supposed to move to the system that is hosting the company file.
- Open the folder where the company file is situated.
- Right click the folder and then opt for properties tab.
- Move to the security tab.
- Now select you are having an issue to log in and then choose edit.
- Next, you are required to check allow for full control.
- Finally select apply and then hit OK button.
Condition 4: Steps to perform if the system is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC etc.
In such a situation, you are required to run the quick fix my Program from the QuickBooks tools hub.
- At first, select the program problems option in the QuickBooks tool hub, which was downloaded earlier, or if not then download it.
- After that choose quick fix my program.
- Let the tool run and fix the issue.
- Once the process completes, you are required to start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
The final words!
Towards the end of the process and the segment, we believe that you might be able to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. If by any chance you continue to face the error, then it is highly recommended to consult a professional, and ask them to resolve the error on your behalf.
You can contact us using our support line i.e. +1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and CPA’s will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services. Help is available round the clock.
More helpful articles: