Learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6073, 99001 When you try opening your company file:
Whatever you do, no matter how hard you attempt to have QuickBooks without bugs there is always a glitch could shatter your hopes. Even after being a fantastic accounting software that comes with a bundles of features and functionalities , even this software has a downside i.e., the errors that you might often encounter, while working on it. The most frequent error you may encounter could be ‘QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001′. This error is usually seen when you open or start the company file in the multi-user mode. This error comes up with an error message stating:
|Warning||“QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…”|
Error codes: (-6073, -99001)
This is a very common error, which you would find a bit difficult to handle. Considering all the facts, we’ve come up with this article, where we’ll be talking about the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001, its causes as well as solutions. Therefore, you would have to read the piece of information carefully to unleash the ways to fix the QuickBooks company file error 6073 and 99001. You can also contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team by using our helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and get your queries answered promptly.
QuickBooks error code 6073, -99001 and its causes
QuickBooks error message 6073, 99001 can be observed when you make an attempt to open a company file that has the file extension .qbe in multi-user mode. An error message stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” might appear on the screen. You are recommended to switch to multi-user mode, so that you can use both company files simultaneously. The file can also be spotted in a read only network folder, if it is, then it is suggested to contact the system administrator of the system to make the file accessible. Error 6073, -99001 is usually attributed due to a couple of reasons, some of the common ones are listed below:
- If the file is open on another system in single-user mode.
- You can also face the error code if the file is being accessed using a remote application (LogMeIn, GoToMyPc, etc.) while the host server detects that you’re still logged on in the system.
- If the file is located in a read only network folder.
- In case the files are hosted on a Linux server and are using more than one set of login credentials to sign on to the shared folder.
You may also like: How to Correct QuickBooks Payroll is Not Taking Out Taxes Error?
DIY Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
There can be a handful of solutions that you can implement in resolving the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. Let us check out those methods one by one:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks file doctor from tool hub program
You can make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool, by carrying out the steps below:
- For this, you can download the most recent version of the QuickBooks tool hub from here. And save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- After that open the file which was downloaded earlier is the next recommended step.
- Pay heed to the on-screen set of steps to Install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, double click the Icon on the Windows desktop for the purpose of opening the tool hub.
- Furthermore, pick Company file issues tab from QuickBooks tool hub.
- Tap on the Run QuickBooks file doctor tab. This might take a minute, but if the tool fails to launch, then you are required to launch the file manually.
- Pick the Company file option from the drop-down menu in the tool. In case you are unable to find it, then select the Browse option.
- Now select Check your file option and also hit Continue.
- Ultimately, enter Admin password and then hit Next.
Solution 2: The network data files (.nd) and transaction log files (.tlg) are usually labelled as the hidden files
- For this, open my computer and then move to the Tools menu and also click on Folder options.
- Head towards the View tab and also click on Show hidden files and folders.
- Open data folder to see the network data files and transaction log file.
- Right click the Network data file and choose Properties.
- Concludingly, delete Hidden option and click on OK tab.
Solution 3: Rename Corrupted or unavailable network data file
- In this particular method, you need to open the Windows explorer.
- Search for the folder which stores the QuickBooks company file.
- Proceed further by right clicking on the Company file with network data and QB company file extension.
- Now modify the File extension from .old and then hit Enter key.
- Opening the QuickBooks and company file is then recommended.
- Last step is to make another Network data file for the company file.
Solution 4: Manually resolve the error
Condition 1: If the company file is open in single-user mode in another workstation
- Starting off with closing QuickBooks desktop in all systems.
- Open the Company file on the host system.
- Proceed to the File menu and also pick Switch to multi-user mode.
- Final step is to Reboot all the workstations, if the issues repeats.
Condition 2: If the company file is open in single user mode on the host system
- In such a case, head towards the File menu and then tap on Close company.
- Furthermore, reopen the company file and then direct towards the File menu, also select Open or restore company.
- Tap on Open a company file and hit Next.
- Now select the Company file.
- Last of all open the file Multi-user mode and then click on Open.
Condition 3: In case the company file is located in a read only network folder
- For this particular situation, you are supposed to move to the system that is hosting the company file.
- Open the folder where the company file is located.
- Right click the folder and then opt for Properties tab.
- Move to the Security tab and select you are having an issue to log in and then choose Edit.
- Next, you are required to check allow for Full control.
- Finally select Apply and then hit OK button.
Condition 4: Steps to perform if the system is being accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC etc.
In such a situation, you are required to run the quick fix my Program from the QuickBooks tools hub.
- At first, select the Program problems option in the tools hub program, which was downloaded earlier, or if not then download it.
- After that choose Quick fix my program.
- Let the tool run and fix the issue.
- Once the process completes, you are required to start QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
The final words!
Towards the end of the process and the segment, we believe that you might be able to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. If by any chance you still encounter this error, then it is highly recommended to seek out a professional help and request to fix the issue on your behalf.
You can contact us using our support line i.e. +1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and CPA’s will ensure to provide you with the highest quality support services. We provide round the clock assistance.
More helpful articles: