The QuickBooks Desktop has evolved as multitudinous featured accounting software that has eased down the complexities involved in the accounting domain. This software has firmly established itself across businesses and has contributed to ensuring financial up-growth while maintaining ease of work. QuickBooks users are, however, obstructed by various errors while working in this feature-loaded accounting software. One such error that has been a source of botheration for QB users is Error Code 15102, an error that shows up while updating your QuickBooks payroll updates. However, this article shall help you troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15102 with utmost ease.
If you get trampled by any technical difficulty while performing the troubleshooting steps or are skeptical about performing the steps, then, in that case, we encourage you to get in contact with our U.S- based QuickBooks Support Team.
You may see also: How to set up QuickBooks Desktop to work from home?
A Brief Overview of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102
This error is an update error that is encountered by users while getting their QuickBooks payroll updated. It may show up for different reasons and is also associated with various signs and symptoms. It is pertinent to note that there is a plethora of different payroll-related update errors that may halt your update process, and each one of them has a unique set of causes and troubleshooting solutions to resolve them. QuickBooks Error 15102 comes in the form of an error message that appears as “Error 15102: Failed to reset update.“
What causes QuickBooks Error 15102 to disrupt the payroll update?
There are various causative factors that may instigate this payroll update error within QuickBooks. The causes given below propel the QuickBooks Error 15102:
- QuickBooks may be running in multi-user mode in a terminal services environment, which might be a major causes of such error.
- If the shared download option is enabled while the download URL is invalid, then also this error may show up.
- Another conspicuous reason behind the error maybe if you aren’t logged in as a Windows administrator or aren’t running the application as an administrator.
- The QuickBooks Desktop you’re using may not be the most recent version. This also reflects the QuickBooks Error message 15102.
What signs indicate the QuickBooks Error Code 15102?
The following symptoms appear when the QuickBooks Error 15102 occurs:
- This error message shows up on the screen when you try to update the payroll.
- The update for your QuickBooks payroll subscription service cannot be downloaded.
- QuickBooks freezes periodically for a few seconds, and the PC performs slowly.
- Your system responds slowly to the keyboard or mouse inputs.
Updated Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15102
Below are elaborated effective solutions to get rid of this payroll update error.
Solution 1: Enable Single User Mode in QuickBooks
You need to make sure that the single-user mode is enabled in QuickBooks. Follow the directions below:
- To begin with, make sure to log out every user on the network before using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- Subsequently, launch QuickBooks on the computer that is having issues with the payroll updates.
- Upon launching the QuickBooks software, hit on the File menu and then opt to Switch to Single-User mode.
- Finally, attempt to update QuickBooks Payroll and observe whether this solution helped in troubleshooting this error.
Solution 2: Check the location of the Shared Download
The shared location needs to be necessarily enabled to enable a successful QuickBooks payroll update. As such, follow the directions below to ensure the same:
- Launch the QuickBooks software, then choose the Help tab, followed by opting for the Product Information. You can also visit the Product Information Window by simply hitting the F2 key on your keyboard.
- You should now observe the location where the downloaded file will be saved.
- Now, hit on Update QuickBooks within the Help tab.
- Under the Options tab, double-check the download location.
- If the location is incorrect, you are supposed to edit it and then choose Yes for Shared Download.
- Finally, hit on Save.
Read it Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6175?
Solution 3: Use a new drive letter to map the drive
Using a new drive letter for mapping the drive can fix the QuickBooks error 15102.
- Before you begin, make sure to make an exit from your QuickBooks software.
- Afterward, you are required to map your drive to a new Drive Letter.
- You are then required to open the Company File by heading to the mapped drive.
- Tap on the Update QuickBooks option after hitting on Help.
- Next, opt for the Options tab.
- Using the Settings tab, you need to Disable the shared download and then enable it once more.
- Verify that the new mapped-drive letter is being used by the download location.
- Hit on Save afterward.
- Finally, make an exit from the QuickBooks program.
Solution 4: Logging in as an Administrator on Windows can fix Error 15102
It might be possible that the QuickBooks payroll update error 15102 is caused because you did not log in as an admin to your Windows; as such, you do not have the requisite permissions/admin privileges.
- Initially, hit on the Switch User option after clicking on the Start button.
- Afterward, pick a user account with administrative privileges.
- Use the Admin account to log in.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and then choose Run as Administrator.
- Finally, check if the solution fixed such error.
Solution 5: Try updating the QuickBooks payroll in the Safe Mode
This method will make sure that the update process does not get disrupted by some other conflicting software. To access the system in safe mode, simply restart your system and keep hitting the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options window appears on the screen. Alternatively, you can type ‘’msconfig’’ in the start menu and then opt for the Safe Mode, followed by restarting the system. Herein, choose Safe Mode with Networking option and hit the Enter key. Now, proceed as usual by launching the QuickBooks software and attempting to update the QuickBooks payroll.
Concluding the blog!
As a team of QuickBooks professionals, we have made an attempt to make this piece of writing as lucid as possible for your easy understanding. We hope that you should be successful in troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 15102 after following the instructions contained in this article.
For additional support, call us at our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787 or type your queries via the Live chat option, where our expert executives will immediately reach out to you.