Checkout these DIY methods for Fixing QuickBooks 2022: Update Unable to Add Item to List:
Users of QuickBooks accounting software, ever since its rollout by Intuit in 1983, have been plagued by recurring error codes and technical disruptions. Although most of the conventional technical errors get annihilated by updating the QuickBooks software to the latest version, new error codes keep evolving and troubling users every now and then.
One such error that has been annoying QuickBooks desktop 2022 users is the Update Unable to Add item list error. This error typically occurs while users resort to the conversion of the Mac version of QuickBooks to QuickBooks for Windows.
How does this error manifest itself?
This annoying QuickBooks snag occurs while users convert QuickBooks from Mac to Windows. The following error messages have been reported by users:
|Error Message||Unable to add the item to the List.|
|Error Message||QuickBooks being unable to complete the operation for ADD Item into List.|
What Factors Provoke QuickBooks 2022 Update Error
There are a couple of conspicuous factors that may embolden this error in QuickBooks. There are listed below:
- Users may encounter this error when they add New Employee Item to the List
- The error may also be provoked in the multi-user mode when QuickBooks is unable to add an item to the List.
- When users convert QuickBooks Mac to QuickBooks for Windows, this error code pops up on the screen.
You might see also: How to Fix Error: Could not connect to the email server problem?
Easy Procedure to Troubleshoot Error: QuickBooks Update Unable to Add Item to List
An easy avenue of getting this QuickBooks error resolved is by searching for the items that obstruct the addition of new items to the List. These items can easily be located via the QBWIN.LOG file. Pay heed to the below-given instructions for an easy understanding of the troubleshooting walkthrough:
- To start off, users are required to locate the QBWIN.LOG file in the QuickBooks directory. Afterward, this file needs to be opened with notepad (or MS Word). For that right-click on the file, and opt for Open with, and then choose Notepad from the list of programs.
- Next step involves searching for errors between verify log and end verifies log.
- In case the user is unable to locate the errors, he/she can look for them in between: “rebuild log, LVL_ERROR – QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs a shut down.“
- Thereafter, users need to look for the following: ‘’LVL-SEVERE-ERROR _the list element write failed to abort Tran. & forced for a roll back now. list name:’’
- Name of QuickBooks list item name: Item that is causing the issue error message: Record was not added to the trans. table. For e.g.: LVL_SEVERE_ERROR – list element write failed to abort database transaction and forcing rolling back now.
- List name: Payment Method.
- Item name: E-Check. Error Message: Record was not added to a transaction table. error code: -6032.’’
The next step is to deal with the QuickBooks for Mac file
- To start off, the user needs to visit the lists menu.
- Subsequently, navigate to the appropriate List for locating the Item that is identified above
- The user then needs to look through the List of components in the QBWIN.LOG and fix or remove it.
- To remove an item, select it and then choose Edit, followed by hitting on Delete.
- The next step requires conversion of the file to QuickBooks Desktop and then creating a backup of this file.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Server Busy Error?
What if the product is missing in QBWIN.LOG file?
In case the user is unable to locate the product in the QBWIN file, then the following steps should be followed:
- In the beginning, launch QuickBooks for Mac. Thereafter, open the company file through QuickBooks.
- After that, the next step involves reconstructing the company file. Head to the File menu, and then head to Utilities, followed up by opting for the Rebuild Data option.
- Now, attempt converting the file to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Also, make sure to reserve a backup of the file in QuickBooks.
Miscellaneous Troubleshooting Steps for Fixing QuickBooks Update Unable to Add Item to List Error
- This method requires the user to head for the network settings on their computer.
- Subsequently, visit the troubleshooting option and follow the process to troubleshoot for normal data and standard data in order to sort out any system-related issues.
- In case any issue is identified, users need to fix the issue immediately.
- Now, alter the name used in the List. For that, tap three times on the box that needs its name altered.
- Subsequently, type a new name.
- Finally, users are required to run a report on the damaged name.
We have reached a conclusion, and at this stage, our QuickBooks experts hope that the steps provided in this article assisted you in fixing QuickBooks 2022: update Unable to Add Item to list error. If you need additional help on this issue, you can call our QuickBooks error technical support experts at our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
Other helpful topics: