Get the best ways to overcome from QuickBooks error code -6000, -832:
While using the QuickBooks accounting software, users often encounter a couple of errors due to various technical drawbacks. One of the commonly encountered error is QuickBooks error code 6000, 832. As it is pretty visible from seeing the error code, it belongs to the QuickBooks 6000 error series. It can be often encountered when you makes an attempt to open the company file. This error code might come up on the screen all of a sudden with error message stating:
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem Error codes: (6000, -832).
The major factors behind the occurrence of any such error is damaged company file. In this blog post, we are going to share the quick tips that can help you to get rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 832. So, make sure to continue reading this post carefully. Or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team by dialing TFN 1-800-761-1787 and discuss your queries with our certified accounting professionals.
What factors lead to QuickBooks error code -6000, -832?
The factors causing the error can be many, out of which the common ones are stated below:
- QuickBooks users opened up the company file over a network or the QuickBooks installation files are missing.
- Improper permissions for a network server.
- If more than one workstation is trying to host the company file or If the file extension is .qbm or .qbw.adr.
- In case the windows version is used either non us or Canadian version.
- You anti-virus or firewall is blocking the QuickBooks files.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error code 6000 816?
Methods to troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 6000, 832
QuickBooks error code 6000, 832 can be easily rectified by carrying out a few solutions, which are discussed below. Let us check out each of the processes one by one:
Process 1: Updating the QuickBooks desktop
Process 2: Changing/Renaming the name of .ND and .TLG files
You can also get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6000, 832 by simply changing the name of .ND and .TLG files. This can be done by the steps listed below:
- Open the folder having the company file.
- Search for files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Followed by renaming each file and then adding .OLD at the end of the file names.
The QuickBooks database server manager is to host the QuickBooks company files. After you are done with the renaming of .ND and .TLG files, it is recommended to restart the database server manager, and rescan the QuickBooks files.
- Start off with opening the Start menu and then move to all programs.
- Look for QuickBooks.
- Followed by opening QuickBooks database server manager.
- Select the scan folders tab.
- In case no folders are seen, then select add folder.
- Followed by confirming the QuickBooks company file appears in the box below. The heading of the box will state that the QuickBooks company files have been found.
- Try to open file again.
- Now open your QuickBooks and sign in to the company file using admin credentials.
See this also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
Process 3: Confirming folder permissions
- Right click the folder having the company file and then selecting properties option.
- Click on advanced option on the security tab.
- Choose QBQDataServiceUserXX and then hit Edit option.
- Ensure that the settings named below are permitted:
- Traverse folder/Execute file
- Read attributes
- List folder/Read data
- Read extended attributes
- Create files/write data
- Create folder/Append data
- Write attributes
- Write extended attributes
- Read permissions
If the permissions are set incorrect, then you can carry out the steps below:
- Right click the folder having the company file and selecting properties.
- Move to the security tab and then hit Edit option.
- Choose QBataServiceUserXX and then click on full control.
- Click on Allow and then click on Apply and hit OK button.
Process 4: Ending all the QuickBooks activities
- Sign in as the admin on the system.
- Click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the task manager.
- After that choose Show processes for all the users from the users.
- Select all the QuickBooks processes and then hit the End task option.
- The last step in this process is to switch to multi-user mode to open the file.
Read this also: Convert a QuickBooks for Windows file to QuickBooks for Mac
Process 5: Opening the sample company file
You are supposed to open a sample company files installed on the system. In case the sample company file fails to open and an error appears on the screen, it indicates that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and requires repair. The steps to be followed are listed below:
- The initial step is to move to no company open window.
- Go for the open a sample file.
- Moving ahead, you will see a sample company file. And you should select the sample file.
- If in case the sample file opens up, you will have to move to the next solution.
Process 6: Verify if the hosting is switched off on all the systems
- To begin with, you are supposed to press F2 key and then a product information tab will open up.
- Search and click on local server information.
- The next step is to ensure that the hosting is turned off.
Process 7: Copying QuickBooks file on the desktop
Another process can be to copy the QuickBooks file on the desktop, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Firstly you need to open the folder where the company file is saved.
- Look for the .QBW file.
- Followed by copying the file and paste it on desktop.
- The next step is to press and hold the control key to open QB. After this, the no company open window will open.
- You need to select the open or restore an existing company.
- Lastly, open the copied file on the desktop.
Process 8: Restoring a backup of company file
- In this particular process, you need to open the company file >> File >> Utilities.
- Followed by clicking on the stop hosting multi-user access.
- Click on yes, if a message prompts “Company file must be closed“.
- Move to the company file.
- And lastly, copy the path address from the top and restore the file.
You may also read: Methods to fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15106
Process 9: Configuring antivirus and firewall
The antivirus and firewall software at times might block access to specific QuickBooks files. In case such issue occurs, then you will have to configure the ports of the firewall and create an exception for the antivirus program. After making changes to the firewall and antivirus software, you need to check whether QuickBooks error 6000 832 is appearing.
This drives us towards the end of this article, and we expect that the solutions mentioned above might of some help in fixing the error. However, there can be other methods as well to fix the QuickBooks 6000, 832. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team by dialing our support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787 and ask them for any sort professional assistance. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to assist you in fixing the common accounting errors and hinders.
Similar articles you might like: