Easy ways to convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks using the QuickBooks Conversion Tool
QuickBooks is matchless bookkeeping and accounting software that has reached its zenith. Its success is clearly evident by its acceptance across a wide domain of small- and medium-sized businesses over the years. In recent years, a large number of Sage 50 (previously known as Peachtree) users have switched over to QuickBooks Desktop or Enterprise solutions in the last couple of years. If you too are a Sage 50 user and want to convert to QuickBooks desktop, you will get all the information you need from this article.
One effective tool that assists to convert Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop is the QuickBooks Conversion Tool. The tool can help you move your data from Sage 50, earlier Peachtree, converted to the latter automatically. Read this article till the end to know the steps to download and use the conversion tool. You can skip these steps and contact our support team for help. We can assist you with an end-to-end process for converting Sage 50 to QuickBooks desktop. Please feel free to connect with experts using our dedicated support line 1-800-761-1787.
Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop – Steps to Follow
The following are the steps for you to convert your Sage accounting data files to the QuickBooks desktop:
Step 1: Review the requirements for conversion
You need to first check the system requirements for the conversion tool. You can check the below conversion requirements.
|Operating System:||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8|
|Processor:||500 MHz Intel Pentium II is minimum|
|Memory (RAM):||512 MB is minimum|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB of the free space|
|Microsoft .NET Framework:||Version 2.0 (minimum)|
|QuickBooks Desktop:||Pro, Premier, or Enterprise|
|Sage 50:||Version 2013 and above|
If you are not having in advance, then in that case you need to ensure that the system meets the QuickBooks desktop system requirements.
Items that can be converted using conversion tool
You can convert the following items:
- Account, employee, item, customer, and vendor lists
- Account balances
- Customer and vendor transactions
- Employee profile and contact info
- Payroll general ledger account balance info
Things that cannot be converted include:
- The payroll transactions and employee year to date info
- Payroll items used to calculate paychecks
- Individual employee wage or deduction information
- Fixed asset
- Work tickets
- Closed or partially closed sales orders, purchase orders, and estimates
You should also keep in mind, that you can only convert versions of Sage 50 and QuickBooks desktop from the same region. In case you are having US version of Sage 50, then it is required to convert it to a US version of QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Prepare for conversion
Now that you know the requirements for conversion, let us now prepare for conversion. It is very much important for you to avoid conversion tool errors, to ensure to save the file locally. The steps involved in this process are:
- Install the QuickBooks desktop, if you haven’t installed it already. This should be done on the same system having Sage 50.
- Ensure that the Sage 50 and QuickBooks desktop data are saved on the load hard drive. If it isn’t, then you need to move it to the local hard drive before starting. The conversion tool will encounter an error, if you are hosting a file over a network or on a server.
It should be noted if the data file is located on a server, you are required to convert it on the server system.
- Lastly, create backup of the Sage 50 data before starting with the conversion process.
Step 3: Setup Sage 50
Once done with the preceding steps, you need to set up the Sage 50 application. The steps to be followed for this are as follows:
- Open Sage 50 and the file to be converted.
- From the Main menu, choose Maintain.
- Afterward, choose Users and then opt for Setup security.
- Then, choose the Data access/crystal reports tab.
- Follow it up by hitting on the Login information option.
- Finally, choose Change and set a password for the transfer.
Kindly note that the new password has an 8 character limit and exceeding the limit will cause the conversion tool not to work.
- At last, Set the new password and hit OK to close Sage 50.
Step 4: Now Download the conversion tool
- In the inception, you need to download the QuickBooks conversion tool and save it somewhere you can easily find it.
- Look for and Access the folder you saved the downloaded file to.
- Hit on the QuickBooks conversion tool icon and then opt for Properties.
- After that hit on the checkbox besides Run this program in compatibility mode, and then choose the Windows operating system being used.
- Hit on the OK button.
- Right-click on the quickbooksconversiontoolsetup.exe and choose the Run as admin option.
Step 5: Convert the data
- For this, hit on Browse in the conversion tool.
- Look for and choose the Sage 50 company file that you wish to Convert.
- In the Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN setup window, and choose the Sage 50 company file from the database name dropdown menu and hit the OK button.
- Type in the Sage 50 password just created by you and then hit Next tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks desktop version and edition you are moving the Sage data into and then enter the company file name in the field.
- Hit on Browse and choose the Folder to save the converted data to, followed by hitting on Next. In case you don’t pick a folder, then the default folder chosen is the My documents folder. In case you choose a folder, it is recommended to import a file that is 2 folders deep maximum.
- Review the entered information. If everything works well, choose the Convert file option to start the conversion. This step will launch QuickBooks and also the QuickBooks application certificate window requesting access to the company file.
- It will Allow the application and you need to hit on Yes prompt each time. Also, you need to hit on Continue.
This might take some time to convert the data and the conversion tool will let you to know if the conversion is successful.
- Proceed ahead to Step 6.
- And if not, then there is something wrong during the conversion. In such a case, you need to reach out to our support team.
Step 6: Review the conversion
Once the tool is finished, choose Open in QuickBooks desktop. You need to Review the data in QuickBooks and ensure that everything is there. After that, review the transfer log by following the steps below:
- Hit on the Windows start menu.
- Look for and open File explorer. Alternatively, you can hit the Win + E short keys to open the File Explorer.
- Move to C:\USERS\[Your Windows User Name]\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Review the Failed transaction log file in the folder. This will tell you if the data didn’t transfer over.
Once the failed logs are reviewed, the process will be complete. In case you are new to QuickBooks, you should learn about its features and tools to make the most of it.
This article explained to you the reliable, effective, and lucid steps to Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop conversion. We hope that you found it helpful and have no trouble in carrying out the steps provided herein. In case you have any queries or you require any help, feel free to call us using our dedicated support line i.e.,1-800-761-1787.
Our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified accounting professionals are available 24×7 and can be accessed almost immediately. Feel free to call us, we will be happy to help you.
Other helpful articles: